Non RIR Discussion Only !

Certified

my turn....
got certified online on the 30th of March :D

thanks to everyone and best of uck to all those who are waiting. I will see you in the next queue..;)

my turn....
got certified online on the 30th of March :D

thanks to everyone and best of uck to all those who are waiting. I will see you in the next queue..;)

Congrats!.

Did you submit your resume for the ad that was placed for ur position?

All,

Once the advt is placed in AJB and other sources do we have to apply for this position?

Thanks

I don't think you need to reply to that job advertisement. The mere purpose of job advertisement is to find out whether any American worker is available to work for that position.

Congrats!.

Did you submit your resume for the ad that was placed for ur position?

All,

Once the advt is placed in AJB and other sources do we have to apply for this position?

Thanks

RI received

I got an update my from attroney that they have received the RI for my case on 3/29.
---------------
NON RIR - EB3
State : WI
PD : 10/31/2003
45 Day letter : 04/2006
Posted on AJB : 03/04/07
D0518XXXXXX

Lawyer got certification paperwork today!!

He said he's working on my I-140 and I-485.

I don't know how long it will take for him to send it.

Thanks for all the guidance and best of luck to all of you.

Below are my details

PD: June 2nd,2002, EB3/TR
ETA case number: P-05014-XXXXX

SWA Location: State(GA)
Case Source: State (never made to Region)
45 days letter: Nov 9th,2005
Recruitment Process: RI receive 11/18/2006 (posted on AJB)
Recruitment Report Instruction from BEC: 02/05/2007
Recruitment Report sent: 02/15/2007
LC Status online: CERTIFIED (as of 03/26/2007)
Certification in hand: 04/04/2007.

Non-RIR/EB2/MA/Never made DOL/June 03 -- certified

Hi, Just want to inform, thru my present employment, got message from law firm my NON-RIR / EB2 / MA case certified around 3rd week of March.
Here is the detail:
Case filed June 2003 with MA
Non-RIR
EB2
Never made it to DOL at the time of transfer to PBEC and was with state
Around 1st week of Dec '06 PBEC ad appreared on job bank.
Company advertised around Jan '07
No one applied notice received by employer around Feb '07
Case approved March 3rd week of 2007

This is for the people looking for info, hope everyone gets approved soon.

wishes,

NON RIR Questions

Hello Guys,
I have a NON RIR case filed on February 2004 and I just got the RI letter. Job was posted on AJB when they send the letter out (2 weeks prior to staring the recruitment).

From what I understand we have to do the following:

1. Post an newspaper ad for 3 consecutive days (one a sunday) within the 30 days recruitment period. I have the following questions regarding this:
- Do we have to put the name of the company in the ad since the resumes are going to BEC anyway? My company might object to the fact that the salary has to be listed.
- This ad has to be EXACTLY like the ETA750 and the AJB ad or it can only touch on things like salary, experience, special requirement, job description??? When I say "exactly" I don't mean accurate, I mean more how big and in detail has to be. I understand that it has to follow whatever we filed but maybe we can use a shorter version of that.
- Can I pay for the newspaper ad ? Do we need to submit the receipt or only the newspaper cut ? If I need the receipt then my name cannot be on it. I don't have a lawyer.
- Do I have to put the ad right when the recruitment starts or it can be in the second week of the 30 days?

2. Post an ad internally in the company for 10 days.

3. Wait for BEC to send all resumes (hopefully very few or none) and the instructions.

4. Put toghether the report and send it to them + the letter accepting the prevailing wage.

Did I get this right ?? Is there anything else to do after the RI other than posting the ad for 3 days and just wait to hear from them ????

Please, any help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks.

Guys any idea how long does it takes (on avg) from Recruitment Instructions to LC Certification? My lawyer has received the RI last week, do you guys think I'll get LC by end of July?

By end of Sep

============================
State: NC
PD: 01/2004
Cat: EB2/Non-RIR
45Days Letter: 10/2005
RI: Some day last week (03/26/07-03/30/07)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys any idea how long does it takes (on avg) from Recruitment Instructions to LC Certification?
From what I know it takes 30 days for recruitment period, then they will mail all the resumes, which your lawyer/company has to process (i.e. interview all possible US workers), then submit recruitment report (all by mail again) and only after that DOL will issue their decision. Provided that they don't get many replies to the ads and ETA 750 doesn't have any "snags" that DOL don't like, you should get Labor Certified within 1 1/2 or 2 months in a best case scenario.

If I were you I'd also check other threads and all the sigs of members who went through this process and then calculate the average.

I'm in Recruitment Period stage and it aint fun to sit and wait and wonder how many people will respond to those ads.

Good luck.

PS. Oh, one more thing. If you ask about July deadline to extend your H1B, to do so one will need to have I-140 OK'ed as well after you get LC. I'm sure I read somewhere about it. So doublecheck on it as well.

Hello Guys,
I have a NON RIR case filed on February 2004 and I just got the RI letter. Job was posted on AJB when they send the letter out (2 weeks prior to staring the recruitment).

From what I understand we have to do the following:

1. Post an newspaper ad for 3 consecutive days (one a sunday) within the 30 days recruitment period. I have the following questions regarding this:
- Do we have to put the name of the company in the ad since the resumes are going to BEC anyway? My company might object to the fact that the salary has to be listed.
- This ad has to be EXACTLY like the ETA750 and the AJB ad or it can only touch on things like salary, experience, special requirement, job description??? When I say "exactly" I don't mean accurate, I mean more how big and in detail has to be. I understand that it has to follow whatever we filed but maybe we can use a shorter version of that.
- Can I pay for the newspaper ad ? Do we need to submit the receipt or only the newspaper cut ? If I need the receipt then my name cannot be on it. I don't have a lawyer.
- Do I have to put the ad right when the recruitment starts or it can be in the second week of the 30 days?

2. Post an ad internally in the company for 10 days.

3. Wait for BEC to send all resumes (hopefully very few or none) and the instructions.

4. Put toghether the report and send it to them + the letter accepting the prevailing wage.

Did I get this right ?? Is there anything else to do after the RI other than posting the ad for 3 days and just wait to hear from them ????

Please, any help is greatly apreciated.

Thanks.
Hey, ddlmodes check your private messages. I'm in the same boat with you.

Do we have to put the name of the company in the ad since the resumes are going to BEC anyway? My company might object to the fact that the salary has to be listed
Yes, put in the ad everything as it was in form ETA 750 A. Basically follow RI word to word. Even though it doesn't say Company name, it mentions Job Location, so I'd guess that means company name as well. I put company name in my ad. Salary has to be listed as well.

Although all resumes go to BEC they will forward it to your company and your company will have to interview all people that apply. So they will have to be involved in it as well.

This ad has to be EXACTLY like the ETA750 and the AJB ad or it can only touch on things like salary, experience, special requirement, job description??
Again - follow RI word to word. Read item 2 that says, "Place an ad as soon as possible in a newspaper...", and subitems a-j. All should be followed exactly. If you put something "unduly restrictive" in the ad, or omit something DOL may issue the NOF and your LC might be denied. So don't go there, it'd be better for your company to interview all potential applicants and then see if they qualify. I know, it sounds "disheartening" but there's no other way. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Can I pay for the newspaper ad ? Do we need to submit the receipt or only the newspaper cut ? If I need the receipt then my name cannot be on it. I don't have a lawyer
Your company has to pay for the ad and you (beneficiery) should not be involved in it in any way. Off the record, you can reimburse your company for the ad, but their name should be on receipt in case BEC checks. Also they will need to submit tear sheets for the newpaper ad for each day it was run. Ask newspaper to provide those.

Do I have to put the ad right when the recruitment starts or it can be in the second week of the 30 days?
No don't wait. Place it ASAP.

I asked my lawyer the same question when I paid the bill for paper ad.
Here is the reply- 'It is perfectly acceptable for you to pay for the ads. We would not need a copy of the receipt, although you should retain it for your records'.
I hope my lawyer was right, in the event BEC actually checks.

Your company has to pay for the ad and you (beneficiery) should not be involved in it in any way. Off the record, you can reimburse your company for the ad, but their name should be on receipt in case BEC checks. Also they will need to submit tear sheets for the newpaper ad for each day it was run. Ask newspaper to provide those.

No don't wait. Place it ASAP.

I asked my lawyer the same question when I paid the bill for paper ad.
Here is the reply- 'It is perfectly acceptable for you to pay for the ads. We would not need a copy of the receipt, although you should retain it for your records'.
I hope my lawyer was right, in the event BEC actually checks.
Guys, maybe. I'm not a lawyer. I just want to be sure, since it would suck a big time if a simple receipt would screw everything up, wouldn't it? I AM POSITIVE though that a foreign worker should not be involved in the recruitment process. Some lawyers don't even give out ETA case numbers. Why is that you would think?

You might be right since I've never seen BEC requesting a receipt. All I saw was the tear sheets. So you should be OK.

For those who are about to do it, I just think that it's not so hard not to put your name in a newspaper records -- type your ad, ask someone in the company to place it for you and assure them that you'll reimburse them. If they ask you why, tell them that you're not supposed to be involved.

My RI finally received

To the folks who have already placed your ad on the newspaper:

According to the lawyer's office, my RI finally received yesterday. On the RI, it stated that ad has to be run on 3 consecutive days (and one of the days is Sunday recommended). However, the lawyer would like to run my ad on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He insisted that Sunday is only recommended. Do you guys see any problems if he placed my ad on Tues-Thurs (without Sunday)? Does any one place the ad without Sunday get labor approval?

Thank you.
TxTramDream

Definitely it is a good suggestion for people who are about to place ads.

Guys, maybe. I'm not a lawyer. I just want to be sure, since it would suck a big time if a simple receipt would screw everything up, wouldn't it? I AM POSITIVE though that a foreign worker should not be involved in the recruitment process. Some lawyers don't even give out ETA case numbers. Why is that you would think?

You might be right since I've never seen BEC requesting a receipt. All I saw was the tear sheets. So you should be OK.

For those who are about to do it, I just think that it's not so hard not to put your name in a newspaper records -- type your ad, ask someone in the company to place it for you and assure them that you'll reimburse them. If they ask you why, tell them that you're not supposed to be involved.

the lawyer would like to run my ad on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. He insisted that Sunday is only recommended.
My labor is still pending so I can't tell you for sure. My opinion is that your lawyer doesn't have his future on the line here. I'd not tempt fate even though it says "recommended". You pay him and you tell him what to do. As far as I know most of the folks posted ads on Sun/Mon/Tue. (Only if the lawyer has extensive experience I'd listen to his advice. Unfortunately many of them don't.)

One interesting fact though. I live in a small city in a Washington state (pop. about 30,000) and when I placed my ad I spoke with a friend who also put employment ad in the same newspaper (unrelated to LC). His ran last Sunday and it is still on. He told me that he got no responses on Sunday, and the most of them came on Monday, and less on Tuesday.

Anyone else think the company name should absolutely be on the ad although is not specifically requested in the RI and the AJB listing does not show it ??

Guys who are more advanced in the process, what did you do ???

Please help !
Thanks

Anyone else think the company name should absolutely be on the ad although is not specifically requested in the RI and the AJB listing does not show it ??

Guys who are more advanced in the process, what did you do ???

Please help !
Thanks

When I tried to abreviate the wordings in my ad, in order to reduce the cost, my attorney asked me to do it at my own risk. So went ahead with posting the entire thing with only one or two very minor changes. All the rest were the same. The company name should be there in my opinion.

When I tried to abreviate the wordings in my ad, in order to reduce the cost, my attorney asked me to do it at my own risk. So went ahead with posting the entire thing with only one or two very minor changes. All the rest were the same. The company name should be there in my opinion.

What did the lawyer say about company name? It was even a question or it was on from the beginning...

I don't know what to say. Today I got the NY Times and on the Help Wanted section I found 4 BEC ads. NONE of them show the company name....
I will buy it tomorrow and Sunday too just to see.
For me the Company name is not a matter of saving money. They don't want to put that & the salary in the same ad. Is either or and we all know that the salary cannot be ommited...