Non RIR Discussion Only !

Recruitment Instructions

I'm not sure if this means anything to you guys as I'm not very well profound of non-rir cases, but someone in murthy forum posted the following:

----------------------------------------------------
Username: Narsim
Received Recruitment instructions

LC filed: 12/20/2002
EB2
NJ
Non-RIR
45 Days Replied - 6/26/2006

Recruitment instructions received - 11/28/2006
----------------------------------------------------

ETA case # discrepancy

Hello Gurus,

My lawyer finally got a 45-day letter for my case and replied. However, in the 45-day letter my ETA case # is different from the one I had on the screen shot and used for 7th & 8th yr H1-B extensions. I do see that my name and position are correct in the 45-day letter. My company name changed in the past 5 years and the lawyer has sent evidence regarding the change. See signature for details of my case. Do you see a potential problem?

My case status with old ETA case# still shows "WITHDRAWN" like a lot of other victims on this forum. However, the new ETA case # shows "Data Review".

hingo said:
If you give 052* and search you will get around 59 pages.
I saw the previous postings...so once the attorney's get supervised recruitment for TR process, the company also needs to place ads internally. I guess all the resumes go to the DOL and they forward them to the attorney. Will the hiring manager (meaning my immediate manager) have any say in this recruitment? Can he dismiss most of the candidates?
Second question, after Sate Level does it go to Federal for Labor certification? Can someone please explain the process.

You had to do supervised recruitment again?

asdcrajnet said:
I cant believe that BEC has posted my job on 11/28.
my PD is May/2003, EB2 from North Carolina

I had my supervised recruitment done in state level during Dec'2004 and moved to Federal..

I thought they would treat my case as the recruitment done. Anyway atleast I can see that my labor application is alive :)

Asdcrajnet:
Is there any reason why they are asking you to redo the supervised recruitment? Is there anything specific to your case? I was under the impression that they would process the cases for which recruitment was completed by the SWA's much quicker even if they had a later priority date.

EB2 vs EB3

Does anybody knows how fast EB2 processing moves as compared to EB3 or how many candidates are in the EB2 category as compared to EB3 ?

so_depressed said:
Not a problem. Let's all hope they will keep working this way. Just very anxious to see ads other than cooks, roofers, etc. Do you have idea how many 245i cases out there in DBEC?
As per Sept DOL FAQ, there were still around 90000 non-rir cases pending. I would think around 45-50 K of those 245(i) cases. If we take a 50% withdrawn / closed rate, it leaves around 22 - 25 K open 245(i) cases for both BPC s. So I would guess there are around 10 - 15K open 245(i) cases in each of the BPC s. Dallas may have some more than Philly does.
Just my 2 cents.

Any coments from the gurus ??

No Idea

vsaminat said:
Asdcrajnet:
Is there any reason why they are asking you to redo the supervised recruitment? Is there anything specific to your case? I was under the impression that they would process the cases for which recruitment was completed by the SWA's much quicker even if they had a later priority date.

No Idea why they do it. As of I know, there was no complication in my case . I work for one of the Big Five consulting companies. I think this is their regular process.

asdcrajnet said:
I cant believe that BEC has posted my job on 11/28.
my PD is May/2003, EB2 from North Carolina

I had my supervised recruitment done in state level during Dec'2004 and moved to Federal..

I thought they would treat my case as the recruitment done. Anyway atleast I can see that my labor application is alive :)

2 days ago, I saw my job posted on 11/28 on the site http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/quick

But today it is gone. No one know what the hell is happening :mad:

What's happening with AJB.org

All BEC jobs posted on AJB.org have vanished. Any idea what is happening? Logically speaking BEC would want U.S nationals to see these jobs and apply for the positions right? For those people whose jobs have been already posted, this works out to be good as potential applicants will not see anything on AJB which means fewer applicants ..less trouble.

asdcrajnet said:
2 days ago, I saw my job posted on 11/28 on the site http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/quick

But today it is gone. No one know what the hell is happening :mad:

Must just machine trouble

I searched Teamexceed 1 minute ago and it posted 45 ads today, total 594 pages now.

shanpai said:
All BEC jobs posted on AJB.org have vanished. Any idea what is happening? Logically speaking BEC would want U.S nationals to see these jobs and apply for the positions right? For those people whose jobs have been already posted, this works out to be good as potential applicants will not see anything on AJB which means fewer applicants ..less trouble.

Non-visibility of AJB jobs PBEC isssue only

so_depressed said:
I searched Teamexceed 1 minute ago and it posted 45 ads today, total 594 pages now.
I think only PBEC jobs have ceased to be visible on AJB; DBEC (Teamexceed) jobs continue to be visible. Lets wait and see if this is only a temporary issue.

shanpai said:

I hope what you say is right since my job has been posted. But knowing the way BEC is doing things, I wouldn't be surprised if they insisted on reposting the position after they figure out their mistake!!

I think PBEC hasn't noticed it yet

I believe they have a automated program that delete all old Jobs after certain amount of time. I think someone screwed up that program and deleted all jobs and it keeps deleting. The Jobs I saw this morning are deleted too.

But PBEC hasn't noticed it yet. Someone needs to notify them. People who had posted jobs before please contact your attorney to contact PBEC.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I think only PBEC jobs have ceased to be visible on AJB; DBEC (Teamexceed) jobs continue to be visible. Lets wait and see if this is only a temporary issue.

kanke said:
Can you check how BEC entered your case source- as state or regional-eventhough it was regional. I am asking you this because in my case the case source was entered as State by mistake and I am still trying to correct it. I realized the mistake very late and is in the long process of correcting it.My case moved from state to regional after recruitment in 04.No response from DBEC and no idea what to do.I have a PD of DEC01
how to check it? the law firms of these big companies are such a crap and give us no information. :mad:

nohope_for_lc said:
I believe they have a automated program that delete all old Jobs after certain amount of time. I think someone screwed up that program and deleted all jobs and it keeps deleting. The Jobs I saw this morning are deleted too.

But PBEC hasn't noticed it yet. Someone needs to notify them. People who had posted jobs before please contact your attorney to contact PBEC.

Has this anything to do with this (see below)? Perhaps they are switching to the new system where you can see the dates and more (promissed; now long overdue). I noticed that the Philly is always a bid ahead so it is possible that they are testing.

Listed at: http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/
It has come to the attention of the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) that due to a technical issue, a number of cases were inadvertently identified as pending PERM re-file applications and were withdrawn from the backlog. OFLC is working to rectify this situation immediately by identifying the affected cases, and reinstating them back to the appropriate processing status in proper order. This effort will be completed by November 30, 2006.

Although affected employers and their attorneys will NOT be receiving an additional notice of reinstatement, they may verify their case has been reinstated using the Public Disclosure System (PDS) starting December 1st. Since verification will be available online, employers and attorneys are requested not to contact the Backlog Elimination Centers regarding status.

Rumuor

There is a rumuor that BPC will change the way they will do supervised
recruitment. Just too much paperwork..i think they will just ask the
companies to recruit and then send them reports to meet BPC deadline..

its just a rumuor

puskeygadha said:
There is a rumuor that BPC will change the way they will do supervised
recruitment. Just too much paperwork..i think they will just ask the
companies to recruit and then send them reports to meet BPC deadline..

its just a rumuor

What is the source of your rumor?

how long for conversion request to be processed?

my company has submitted my conversion request to convert my remanded RIR back to RIR. just wonder if anyone can please share how long it takes to get such request processed? would this speed up the certification process compared to waiting in TR queue?

my understanding is once the request is filed, it will be processed in a dedicated queue in a FIFO fashion. and if the request is granted, the case will be come RIR and put back into RIR queue and processed in the order of PD.

my PD is Nov 2001, california.

appeciate your input and comment. thanks.