Non RIR Discussion Only !

Don't bother, the most recent posted by darn DBEC is on 10/17 for a non IT job. After that there are none.

The way I used to do is to use key work '0515*' for the whole united states, then looking for company 'Teamexceed', click it you will see all posts from it.

jay1971 said:
Any idea how to search for Dallas BEC job advertisements in jobsearch.org? That will give an indication of how far the processing of 2001 cases have reached.

Time to reopen

Hello waiting 2000x

Mine has been three weeks since it was sent. When I asked the lawyer
he said he got fedex confirmation that it was received by DOL. I would
give it a couple of months.

I will keep you posted when I hear from them.

Regards

waiting200X said:
My previous attorney once contacted with state agency, it is said that all my company's applciation transfered to BEC. Now, since i did not receive 45 days letter, my new attorney made teh inqury for BEC, they said that they never received my application and we are in the process of resubmitting (keep the odl priority date). Then we plan to convert to RIR.

From immigration-law.com

BEC to Start Website Reporting of Traditional Case Processing Time Beginning Next Month

Even though the processing time of traditional cases at the BECs is frustrating, the launch of the website processing times report will allow the traditional case applicants to check the status of processing of cases in the BECs.

BEC Traditional Labor Certification Processing Time to Remain April 2001 for Sometime to Come

AILA has reported that the BECs are still processing April 2001 traditional cases for the traditional case track and it is not expected to move ahead for sometime due to the huge number of 245(i) cases which were filed in April 2001.

tb2904 said:
BEC to Start Website Reporting of Traditional Case Processing Time Beginning Next Month

Even though the processing time of traditional cases at the BECs is frustrating, the launch of the website processing times report will allow the traditional case applicants to check the status of processing of cases in the BECs.

BEC Traditional Labor Certification Processing Time to Remain April 2001 for Sometime to Come

AILA has reported that the BECs are still processing April 2001 traditional cases for the traditional case track and it is not expected to move ahead for sometime due to the huge number of 245(i) cases which were filed in April 2001.

This gives me more confidence that they won't pick up my application while the RIR conversion process is going on.

tb2904 said:

What possible implication could this have for traditional labor cases having PD later than 2001 that got picked up randomly by the BEC for processing ? Will those TR cases get stuck until all the 245(i) cases get cleared or will they also be processed. Any thoughts from folks out there ? :( :confused:

raydon, the unfortunate ones are those who applied RIR in late May 2001 to i beleive early Aug 2001. These applications are converted to NON-RIR and then converted back to RIR about 8 months back but with no response from BEC. looks like now they started processing NON RIR and will get stuck in April 2001 for a long time....

from all this..keeping 245i cases and bad luck in mind..these cases will never be touched... i am one of those June 2001 case :) :(

AILA-DOL Liaison Update on BECs (complete)

AILA-DOL Liaison Update on New BEC Public Disclosure System, Processing Dates and RIR Conversion

AILA recommends that members check the status of their pending BEC cases using the new BEC public disclosure system at http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. If you discover a problem with the status of a case (e.g. case erroneously closed or withdrawn), you can email info@dal.dflc.us or info@phi.dflc.us with information/documentation establishing why the case should be active.

In addition, if members have received a response to their "nobeccontact" inquiry stating that their case was closed and they believe that the case was closed in error, they can respond to the email with information/documentation explaining why the case should be reopened.
RIR Conversion

Beginning in November, DOL will be publishing BEC traditional (TR) case processing dates. Updated monthly, DOL will list for each BEC the date by month and year what TR filing dates the respective BECs are working. This is being done to help employers know when they can expect to receive recruitment instructions on their pending traditional cases and inform the decision to whether or not to pursue an RIR conversion request. DOL indicated that they are working on April 2001 and do not expect to advance the date for some time due to the volume of 245(i) applications filed then.

With respect to RIR conversion, DOL will not accept a conversion request once the job order has been placed for the traditional case. However, if an RIR conversion request is submitted to the DOL with a postmark or express courier shipping date that is before the date that DOL places a job order, DOL will accept and process the RIR request and cancel the TR job order.
Traditional Recruitment Process

On traditional cases, DOL is aware that members are finding that there is sometimes a lengthy delay from the date the job order is closed and the time that applications and resumes are being sent to attorneys for candidate review. They are looking into the issue.

Here is another update on the TR cases

The following update is posted in immigration-law website (breaking news section):

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get lost I140

Hi Gurus,

My exemployer could unable to locate I140 approval. I have the EAC # and can there be a way to get the lost I140 approval letter?

Is this to be obtained by my ex employer/attorney or can it be obtained from my current attorney? Any advise is appreciated as I learned just now that my ex employer has I140 with PD 2001 Oct. My present TR Labor is pending with BEC and god knows when it sees day of light.

jinx said:
raydon, the unfortunate ones are those who applied RIR in late May 2001 to i beleive early Aug 2001. These applications are converted to NON-RIR and then converted back to RIR about 8 months back but with no response from BEC. looks like now they started processing NON RIR and will get stuck in April 2001 for a long time....

from all this..keeping 245i cases and bad luck in mind..these cases will never be touched... i am one of those June 2001 case :) :(

Did you get confirmation from BEC the case has been reconverted back to RIR. I am in the same boat and I did not get any confirmation regarding my conversion request. My conversion request was sent in March 2005 to SWA (just before BEC's were established). My case is still under TR. I feel if my lawyer sends the same conversion request (that was sent in March 2005) to BEC, it may become RIR. But my lawyer is too slow.

There are 3 categories RIR, Traditional and Skipped

Isn't it great. Previously everyone was talking about slow PBEC process. PBEC just threw some random approvals and skipped some (I guess ration is 70% - 30%). Now, They are mid 2004 for RIR approval and everyone is talking about Non-RIR cases. They completed forgot SKIPPED cases of 2001 / 2002 / 2003.

jay1971,

I did not get any confirmation about the conversion request. How do you know yours is in RIR or NON-RIR? I am not sure in which queue mine is in.

I beleive they were supposed to work on these cases by end of summer. By now we know what that means...They did not specify an year though..it might be 2008 or 2009..

BTW, whats ur PD?

jay1971 said:
Did you get confirmation from BEC the case has been reconverted back to RIR. I am in the same boat and I did not get any confirmation regarding my conversion request. My conversion request was sent in March 2005 to SWA (just before BEC's were established). My case is still under TR. I feel if my lawyer sends the same conversion request (that was sent in March 2005) to BEC, it may become RIR. But my lawyer is too slow.

BEC Processing Time Reporting

According to OH Law firm website, BEC will start reporting processing time in November:

10/26/2006: BEC to Start Website Reporting of Traditional Case Processing Time Beginning Next Month

Yeah, I wonder how it is going to look, something like:

Processing April 2001 cases....
Note: however this month several 2002, 2003, and 2004 approvals have been sent

We are getting more info, but little action.

jinx said:
jay1971,

I did not get any confirmation about the conversion request. How do you know yours is in RIR or NON-RIR? I am not sure in which queue mine is in.

I beleive they were supposed to work on these cases by end of summer. By now we know what that means...They did not specify an year though..it might be 2008 or 2009..

BTW, whats ur PD?

Mine is 7/2001. When I got my screenshot around a year ago, it showed up as TR.

jay1971 said:
Mine is 7/2001. When I got my screenshot around a year ago, it showed up as TR.

My latest screenshot as per the lawyer shows neither RIR or TR. It shows blank. What does that mean?

That means do not trust your lawyer with anything. Send an email to the respective backlog elimination center and see for yourself.

jay1971 said:
My latest screenshot as per the lawyer shows neither RIR or TR. It shows blank. What does that mean?

RI received for 09/02 PD

I just got an email from my lawyer to ask my manager to post internal job notice for 15 days for my recruitment. My ad was posted on AJB by PBEC on 10/12. The lawyer said the recruitment will take 45 days. She plans to post ad on major newspaper on Nov 3, 4, &5.

VA_09_02 said:
I just got an email from my lawyer to ask my manager to post internal job notice for 15 days for my recruitment. My ad was posted on AJB by PBEC on 10/12. The lawyer said the recruitment will take 45 days. She plans to post ad on major newspaper on Nov 3, 4, &5.

If your ad was posted on AJB by PBEC you can't convert it to RIR. That was in the DOL memo ..... beware of your lawyer

MDwatch said:
If your ad was posted on AJB by PBEC you can't convert it to RIR. That was in the DOL memo ..... beware of your lawyer
Thanks for the reminder, my company does not want to do the conversion any way.