Non RIR Discussion Only !

Recruiting Process for Non-RIR Backlogs

Does anyone know what is the recruiting process for the NON-RIR cases from Backlog centers?

Based on the various postings on this forum it seems that PBEC or DBEC are posting jobs by themselves on behalf of the employers.

What is the true procedure? Can someone with good contacts with their lawyers please verify the procedure.?

The "true" procedure remains to be seen

shibujoys said:
Does anyone know what is the recruiting process for the NON-RIR cases from Backlog centers?

Based on the various postings on this forum it seems that PBEC or DBEC are posting jobs by themselves on behalf of the employers.

What is the true procedure? Can someone with good contacts with their lawyers please verify the procedure.?
As per my understanding, the procedure is as follows:
1. BEC sends prevailing wage data and recruitment instructions to employer
2. BEC posts job order in the American Job Bank (30 days)
3. Employer posts recruitment ad in newspaper (3 days)
4. Employer posts 10-day recruitment notice in office.
5. Resumes resulting from each of the above are directed to BEC, BEC pre-screens and sends them to employer
6. Employer interviews candidates and prepares recruitment report stating legal, job-related reasons for not hiring the candidates (30 days from the time BEC sends resumes)
7. BEC reviews recruitment report and makes the decision to approve or issue Notice of Findings

Now, whether the "true procedure" will be as above remains to be seen. If BEC were to truly stick to its 9/30/07 deadline, I would expect them to strip down the process to some degree.

Non-RIR folks such as us are currently the step-children of BECs, we have to wait for our turn on the sidelines.

Oh...that's why probably....no good time for our cases yet I guess.

nohope_for_lc, this jan 2003 case suggest that it was transferred from DOL, which means it had already gone through recruitment. This means we haven't seen a single case update from NON-RIR case that was transferred to BPC without recruitment....depressing.... :(

Does anyone know the total number of NON-RIR cases at BPCs?

nohope_for_lc said:
His recruitment process was done before his case was transfered to PBEC. Look at his PD. It is 2002. I know one Jan 2003 NON RIR case is approved recently. See bellow:

According to my attorney PBEC hasn't started sending RI.

Last edited by a moderator:
fastergcwanted said:
Oh...that's why probably....no good time for our cases yet I guess.

nohope_for_lc, this jan 2003 case suggest that it was transferred from DOL, which means it has gone through recruitment. This means we haven't seen a single case update from NON-RIR case that was transferred to BPC without recruitment....depressing.... :(

Does anyone know the total number of NON-RIR cases at BPCs?

Is it just me..or others also think we should start a letter/fax campaign specifically focusing on NON-RIR cases and how BPC's have been indifferent to them? The reason I say this is that RIR cases are now picking up speed going well into 2003/2004 at PBEC and DBEC. If it goes at this speed and if they keep on stressing RIR cases, another year will go without us hearing anything on our cases. They have to assign equitable analysts to NON-RIR to have any hopes for finishing the case load.

We (including me) get happy at 2-3 recruitment postings at AJB.org everyday. 99% of these cases are 245i cases which means these cases have PDs earlier than April 2001. At this rate, I see no hopes for them to reach to our cases by Sept 2007. Don't forget that most of 245i cases were NON-RIR and there are thousands of them unprocessed yet.

Sorry for the frustration but it's getting hopeless and hopeless as days go by....

Last edited by a moderator:
fastergcwanted said:
Is it just me..or others also think we should start a letter/fax campaign specifically focusing on NON-RIR cases and how BPC's have been indifferent to them? The reason I say this is that RIR cases are now picking up speed going well into 2003/2004 at PBEC and DBEC. If it goes at this speed and if they keep on stressing RIR cases, another year will go without us hearing anything on our cases. They have to assign equitable analysts to NON-RIR to have any hopes for finishing the case load.

We (including me) get happy at 2-3 recruitment postings at AJB.org everyday. 99% of these cases are 245i cases which means these cases have PDs earlier than April 2001. At this rate, I see no hopes for them to reach to our cases by Sept 2007. Don't forget that most of 245i cases were NON-RIR and there are thousands of them unprocessed yet.

Sorry for the frustration but it's getting hopeless and hopeless as days go by....

----

I agree with you, I don't know how much effect it is going to have, but I write a letter to Elain Chao describing the situation. I also wrote to calif lawmakers. The more the better. One thing we have already seen is there is no order to processing, there is no logic and no hope for Non RIR.
Write every week, this is the least we can do, create blogs if possible, I blog all of my lettes, hopefully one day Google search on elain chao will bring out my blog and describe how inept her administration has been.
This is a hopeless situation, unless we all fight.

labordrags said:
did she write back to you in any way?
---
no, not yet, I don't think she cares.
But I am still going to keep on writing, also I will start writing to senators and other lawmakers about this. From what I understand, DOL is aware of all these issues, but they don't care. Noone can ask them any questions.

Days_go_by said:
---
no, not yet, I don't think she cares.
But I am still going to keep on writing, also I will start writing to senators and other lawmakers about this. From what I understand, DOL is aware of all these issues, but they don't care. Noone can ask them any questions.

they know, but they don't care, bcos they screwed up in the contract with these guys at bec's. I talked to some john, who works for elaine, and i was surprised, some much they know. I mean they know all our concerns, they know what is going on, BUT he said they cant do a thing, bcos of the contract they have with these BEC guys.

BEC guys have to show progress every week/month, so they are processing the easy cases. and in the contract they don't have any thing like FIFO.

so except writing emailing, there is nothing we can do....

csrini1 said:
they know, but they don't care, bcos they screwed up in the contract with these guys at bec's. I talked to some john, who works for elaine, and i was surprised, some much they know. I mean they know all our concerns, they know what is going on, BUT he said they cant do a thing, bcos of the contract they have with these BEC guys.

BEC guys have to show progress every week/month, so they are processing the easy cases. and in the contract they don't have any thing like FIFO.

csrini1, I hear you that they don't care much, but is there a way you can use this channel to present our issues to bring them to more light? If not legally, they should at least understand our pain just being human like us (sometimes I feel they are not even humans....).

csrini1 said:

----
I sort of understand what you are saying but I do not think that explains everything. I don't think their contract has any provision for weekly reports.
Or maybe it does, even if they have to show weekly progress it is not enough excuse for this mismanagement. We are client of DOL, DOL outsourced the work to someone else, if they can't get the work done right, it is DOL's fault.

But of course they will never acknowledge this. Elain Chao's administration is no different than Michale Brown's. More about show off than real work. More concerned about media hype and claims than real human sufferings because of their poor judgement.

Ok, let's forget about that, is DOL not aware of irregularieties because of Labor Substitution? there is no contract for it, but there is opposition from greedy attornies, so called protectors of the law. Even though DOL acknowledges a need to bad labor substitution, they won't do it. Someone in DOL is making money out of our misery.

And I also know writing every week to Elain Chao is not going to change anything, she is cold and irresponsible. She doesn't care, there is no threat to her post because of my letters, no motivation.

I know IV also tried to contact her and get some answers but I think they also received no response from her administration.

But I will still keep on writing, that is the least I can do. Maybe I should write to more people, maybe her superiors. If you all join it would be better, if not, I will still keep writing.

My lawyer said they are starting to receive recruitment instructions. I will ask her if the new process is any different than the old process before BECs

VA_09_02 said:
My lawyer said they are starting to receive recruitment instructions. I will ask her if the new process is any different than the old process before BECs

VA_09_02:
Could you please confirm that these are instructions for normal NON-RIR we all have been waiting for so miserably? If so, what are the PD for those applications that got instructions? Thanks

remanded non-rir cases

I have couple of questions.

(Icarus used to a very accurate job of providing information. I dont know who has taken over that mantle of late)

1. DOL / BPC s had stated that there will be an online status check system by July. It's end of August. Does anyone know what's going on with that ?

2. What's the latest on remanded-to-state non-rir cases ? my lawyer said that bpc s are processing june 01 remanded cases. Is there anyone here who knows of any recent approval from around june 01 .

3. Doe anyone know what went wrong with rir conversion requests ? there were bunch of them from our company. NO approvals in seven-eight months. Any one has any news on those ?

Thanks

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
As per my understanding, the procedure is as follows:
1. BEC sends prevailing wage data and recruitment instructions to employer
2. BEC posts job order in the American Job Bank (30 days)
3. Employer posts recruitment ad in newspaper (3 days)
4. Employer posts 10-day recruitment notice in office.
5. Resumes resulting from each of the above are directed to BEC, BEC pre-screens and sends them to employer
6. Employer interviews candidates and prepares recruitment report stating legal, job-related reasons for not hiring the candidates (30 days from the time BEC sends resumes)
7. BEC reviews recruitment report and makes the decision to approve or issue Notice of Findings

Now, whether the "true procedure" will be as above remains to be seen. If BEC were to truly stick to its 9/30/07 deadline, I would expect them to strip down the process to some degree.

Non-RIR folks such as us are currently the step-children of BECs, we have to wait for our turn on the sidelines.

Thanks for the info..

I hope they tone down on the Recruitment process and BEC themselves should post the ads and get the resumes and let the employers do the interviews. Anyway in most cases it doesn't make any sense to post an ad now for something that should have happened years ago.

Days_go_by said:
----
I sort of understand what you are saying but I do not think that explains everything. I don't think their contract has any provision for weekly reports.
Or maybe it does, even if they have to show weekly progress it is not enough excuse for this mismanagement. We are client of DOL, DOL outsourced the work to someone else, if they can't get the work done right, it is DOL's fault.

But of course they will never acknowledge this. Elain Chao's administration is no different than Michale Brown's. More about show off than real work. More concerned about media hype and claims than real human sufferings because of their poor judgement.

Ok, let's forget about that, is DOL not aware of irregularieties because of Labor Substitution? there is no contract for it, but there is opposition from greedy attornies, so called protectors of the law. Even though DOL acknowledges a need to bad labor substitution, they won't do it. Someone in DOL is making money out of our misery.

And I also know writing every week to Elain Chao is not going to change anything, she is cold and irresponsible. She doesn't care, there is no threat to her post because of my letters, no motivation.

I know IV also tried to contact her and get some answers but I think they also received no response from her administration.

But I will still keep on writing, that is the least I can do. Maybe I should write to more people, maybe her superiors. If you all join it would be better, if not, I will still keep writing.

There has to be a better way to bring some attention to our issue.. Atleast you are trying.. I suggest people should call BECs, DOL offices and whereever possible to get information and which in turn might prompt DOL to do periodic updates

non-rir

days_go_by
what are contact email addresses / phone numbers of DOL chief. I also would like to contact her to explain our plight.

pdjune2001 said:
days_go_by
what are contact email addresses / phone numbers of DOL chief. I also would like to contact her to explain our plight.
-----------
I have mailing address:

Honorable Secretary Elaine L. Chao
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

re : non-rir

Also, you have any idea about the on-line status check system ..
Is there any other way to check the status if you have the case number ?

i am so frustrated with this ..

Days_go_by said:
-----------
I have mailing address:

Honorable Secretary Elaine L. Chao
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

What does this mean?

After a long pursuit, my HR person got a reply from PBEC about my application via Email. Here is what it said:

The subject case has been received by the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst.

What does this mean? My case details are in the signature.

Thanks