Non RIR Discussion Only !

shibujoys said:
Congrats mn_gc_02 !

When you guys come and post the good news it gives us, the folks who are waiting for so long some hope.

Hope only for those, whose cases have been transferred to Regional, before going to BPC's. for cases transferred from state to BPC, screwed is the word i guess...
i don't want to be pessimist but waiting from 2002, and collegues from 2001.

non-RIR, Michigan, DEBC

Folks,

Here's a 45-day letter update from MI, EB3, non-IRI.

After 5 years of my application pending, I heard from the company's attorney about a 45-day letter received on April 19, 2005.

I will try to get a screen dump or case number from my attorney, but with the little communication I cannot promise a response.

Non-IRI, Michigan, EB3
PD = April 19, 2001
45-day Letter = April 17, 2006
45-day Replied = "immediately" before May 5, 2006
Case # =

Notes on case:

2) May 2004 = Rejected by Michigan Department of Career Development (Labor Department)
3) July 2004 Employer appeals job description and discrepancy with minimum prevailing wage
4) Dec 28, 2004 = Appeal moved to Dallas Elimination Backlog Center DBEC
5) March 2006 Renew my 7th H1-B Visa

Guys,
PBEC did all data entry first and now they have started advertising for "brick layer and meat packer" cases(mostly apr 2001 cases).

DBEC has approved even 2005 RIR case, instead of doing all data entry first.

Now they say they will finish data entry by "June 2006", so when will they start advertising for "brick layer and meat packer" cases, so when will they reach our NON-RIR cases for advertisement ? Any guesses ?

BarneySha said:
all of them have been posted today 5/8/06 - You go Philly!

advice for PERM

My PD is Octomer 2004, Non-RIR,EB2 from my current employer in New York.
I don't know how long I have to wait to get my labor approval.

I am planning to apply under PERM from differenct company located in California.

Is it good to apply again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi WhatALabor

Can you tell me when you applied for the screen shot and when you received the screen shot? The attorney is saying he sent the screen shot email a month ago and still waiting.

Will appreciate your reply
ny-nonrir

WhatALabor said:
Here is an update on my case

HR requested for screen shot for H1B 8th year
The Screen Shot Showed(Requested May 2006)

Case Status: Data Review
Case Source: (Blank) :confused:
Process Type : (Blank) :confused:

Last year Screen shot showed(Requested on June 2005)

Case Status - RIR (????????) :eek:
Process Type - RIR (???????) :eek:
Case Source - Region

Still Waiting

cvsubbarao said:
My PD is Octomer 2004, Non-RIR,EB2 from my current employer in New York.
I don't know how long I have to wait to get my labor approval.

I am planning to apply under PERM from differenct company located in California.

Is it good to apply again?

subbarao garu,

u can apply as many times as u want... no probs with labor...

45 Day letters

I have been a long time passive viewer of this thread - passive as I had nothing to contribute except bitch-moan-whine.

A couple of weeks ago, I got my 45 day letter and my lawyer has responded to it. All the cases in my company have been filed in non-RIR. A colleague of mine also waiting along with me got his 45-D letter a couple of days before me. Both our priority dates are in 07/02. Another colleague with PD in 12/03 has also received his 45-D letter yesterday.

As per my lawyer the recruitment process can start sometime in fall (read Sept) and the LC process can finish by Q1 07. Hopefully, it works out that way. Most of us are in EB2 so that should make us eligible for 140/485 filing simultaneously.

Thanks for the info, longtime_wait !
But that would be the case if they finish recruitment steps for the tens of thousands of 245i cases "bricklayer " etc. type of cases which are in Apr 2001...so only after they are done with that will they move on to touch our cases..Philly finished data entry first and now they have started advertising for 245i cases...don't know when will DBEC reach our cases for recruitment ... :mad:

longtime_wait said:
I have been a long time passive viewer of this thread - passive as I had nothing to contribute except bitch-moan-whine.

A couple of weeks ago, I got my 45 day letter and my lawyer has responded to it. All the cases in my company have been filed in non-RIR. A colleague of mine also waiting along with me got his 45-D letter a couple of days before me. Both our priority dates are in 07/02. Another colleague with PD in 12/03 has also received his 45-D letter yesterday.

As per my lawyer the recruitment process can start sometime in fall (read Sept) and the LC process can finish by Q1 07. Hopefully, it works out that way. Most of us are in EB2 so that should make us eligible for 140/485 filing simultaneously.
Can u pls tell us abt ur STATE.

45 Dl

FYI:

Just received my 45DL. Don't know when the letter actually arrived, but email from the attorney is from 4/28, and they usually react within a few days.

PD: 10/17/2003
Traditional (non-RIR)
State: CA

Just so you guys know.

gc_maze,

What is a 245i case?

My PD (MI, non-IRI, EC3, MI) is from April 01. April 06 my lawyer received 45-day letter. My hopes are low and I don't spect to file I 140 till early 2008. I hope to be wrong.

xman_74

gc_maze said:
Thanks for the info, longtime_wait !
But that would be the case if they finish recruitment steps for the tens of thousands of 245i cases "bricklayer " etc. type of cases which are in Apr 2001...so only after they are done with that will they move on to touch our cases..Philly finished data entry first and now they have started advertising for 245i cases...don't know when will DBEC reach our cases for recruitment ... :mad:

hankdane said:
FYI:

Just received my 45DL. Don't know when the letter actually arrived, but email from the attorney is from 4/28, and they usually react within a few days.

PD: 10/17/2003
Traditional (non-RIR)
State: CA

Just so you guys know.
Is it from Dallas BEC.

xman_74,

245i cases are the LCA applications for the illegal aliens, who had a deadline of apr 2001 to file for GC, as amnesty. There are I guess tens of thousand such cases in Apr 2001, so DBEC has to first finish data entry, then start recruitment...so they will take more time to finish ads for these 245i cases and then move ahead and touch our files...PBEC has been doing mostly data entry since last so many months and it is now that they have started ads for 245i cases....

does any body have a guess how many 245i cases are there in DBEC in Apr 2001 ?

xman_74 said:
gc_maze,

What is a 245i case?

My PD (MI, non-IRI, EC3, MI) is from April 01. April 06 my lawyer received 45-day letter. My hopes are low and I don't spect to file I 140 till early 2008. I hope to be wrong.

xman_74

gc_maze said:
xman_74,

245i cases are the LCA applications for the illegal aliens, who had a deadline of apr 2001 to file for GC, as amnesty. There are I guess tens of thousand such cases in Apr 2001, so DBEC has to first finish data entry, then start recruitment...so they will take more time to finish ads for these 245i cases and then move ahead and touch our files...PBEC has been doing mostly data entry since last so many months and it is now that they have started ads for 245i cases....

does any body have a guess how many 245i cases are there in DBEC in Apr 2001 ?
On the last day of the deadline on 30 Apr 2001 DOL received around 50,000 applications, The day before the figure was a bit less - 40,000.
More than half of all cases in BCEs are those filed under 245(i).

I read this from some DOL report a while ago so the numbers may not be absolutely accurate

Hey there, nice to see you again...

As far as I remember, blank is a good thing, right? Maybe it's already apporved just sitting there to be mailed...

Waiting for your good news :)

WhatALabor said:
Here is an update on my case

HR requested for screen shot for H1B 8th year
The Screen Shot Showed(Requested May 2006)

Case Status: Data Review
Case Source: (Blank) :confused:
Process Type : (Blank) :confused:

Last year Screen shot showed(Requested on June 2005)

Case Status - RIR (????????) :eek:
Process Type - RIR (???????) :eek:
Case Source - Region

Still Waiting

45-day letter

It's my turn to say that I have received the 45-day letter. :D
I am not sure when the letter was received but my attorney will reply today or tomorrow. My details are in my signature.

Good luck to you all.

I filed tradition labor on 11/15/02 in Chicago, and no 45 letter yet

What's going on in DBacklog center? They did not process tradition LC at all.

45 day letter

I just got a mail from my attorney and they had replied to 45day letter today.

I dont know what to expect now..But i am thinking of filing a new application under PERM with a slightly different job description. Any suggestions?

PD: 10/2004
CA, NON-RIR
EB2

sssow said:
I just got a mail from my attorney and they had replied to 45day letter today.

I dont know what to expect now..But i am thinking of filing a new application under PERM with a slightly different job description. Any suggestions?

PD: 10/2004
CA, NON-RIR
EB2

Nothing is preventing you from filing application in PERM with a slight different job description. But then you will loose your priority date. I believe priority date is more valuable right now.
Any comments?