Non RIR Discussion Only !

What is the next step after responding to 45 days letter?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this thread but not new to this website. I just received my 45 days letter from PBEC. My Pd is Feb 2005, NON RIR, EB2. Just wanted to know what is next step after my employer responds to the 45 days letter?

Thanks
Prashant

Which state did you file in? Also, is your PD Feb 2005? this is probably the first case on this forum with a PD in 2005 for non-RIR .. congrats buddy if your PD is in 2005!! you the lucky one ;)

in any case, did the 45 day letter give any recruitment instructions? the next step is to complete the recrutiment but am not sure if the BEC initiates it or your employeer

Prashant1676 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this thread but not new to this website. I just received my 45 days letter from PBEC. My Pd is Feb 2005, NON RIR, EB2. Just wanted to know what is next step after my employer responds to the 45 days letter?

Thanks
Prashant

Hello:

It is almost mid march and there is no news from my Lawyer about my Labor certification. Does anybody know what could be the hold up. Any inside information or anybody in similar situation.

PD: Dec 2000 (yes it is almost 5+ years)
45 day letter received: March 14, 2005 (it is anniversary time).
State: MI (Non RIR EB2)

What I understood was that one could expect a labor cleared within 6 months of receiving the 45 day letter. May be it was a speculation.

yogmah said:
Hello:

It is almost mid march and there is no news from my Lawyer about my Labor certification. Does anybody know what could be the hold up. Any inside information or anybody in similar situation.

PD: Dec 2000 (yes it is almost 5+ years)
45 day letter received: March 14, 2005 (it is anniversary time).
State: MI (Non RIR EB2)

What I understood was that one could expect a labor cleared within 6 months of receiving the 45 day letter. May be it was a speculation.

I am really sorry and sad...
some people on this forum, got their labor certifed after 2 months, replying to the 45day, and there are some who celebrated their 45day letter aniversary and got it... so there is no corelation between 45day letter and labor approval...

45 days letter

Mine was filed from NJ,yes my pd is Feb 2005.
There were no recruitment instructions in the 45 days letter. does this mean that PBEC is going to send another letter with the instructions.
Who initiates the recruitment process- Employer or BEC?

Thanks
Prashant

Last edited by a moderator:
Prashant1676 said:
Mine was filed from NJ,yes my pd is Feb 2005.
There were no recruitment instructions in the 45 days letter. does this mean that PBEC is going to send another letter with the instructions.
Who initiates the recruitment process- Employer or BEC?

Thanks
Prashant

hi prashant:

based on what we have seen in the past posts in this thread. PBEC has started to post some cases with job ads on internet websites. i would say that PBEC will do the recruitment for you directly and PBEC won't send out another letter for recruitment instructions which will save you some time. after PBEC receive resume from the potential candidate(s) who is(are) interested in your job PBEC will forward the resume to your employer for interview process.

for those of you from DBEC, i am not if DBEC is using the same procedure or not.

hope this helps...

-shagua

First Post..3Yrs in the waiting

Hi All,

This is my first posting on this board. But have been waiting on my labor application since 3 years now. Here are my details:-

PD : 02/07/2003 (Feb 7, 2003)
Case # : P-05208-XXXXX
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Original Filing State : MA
Processing Type: TR (EB2-Non RIR)
45 Day Letter : Recieved on March 10, 2006. Replied same day.

Any comments on when I can expect something to happen to my case? I haven't done any recruitment efforts on the case yet.

Hello All:

I received my LCA approval today. It has been a long 5+ years. Thanks all for the support, encouragement and advice.

PD: Dec 2000 (MI, EB2, Non RIR)
45 Day Letter Received: March 14, 2005
LCA Approval: March 13, 2006

Congratulations

yogmah said:
Hello All:

I received my LCA approval today. It has been a long 5+ years. Thanks all for the support, encouragement and advice.

Hi yogmah

Congratulations. More than anybody else you needed it!!!!. Happy I-140 - I485 Journey

WAL

polarpv said:
Michigan folks - Please post your status's? Here are my case details and theeir hasn't been any progress in a long time.

Case filed in Michigan
Case Type/Status: TR
PD: August 28, 2000
RD: Feb 7,2003
45 day letter: Feb 18, 2005.
Response to 45 day letter: March 2005
ETA Case Number: D-05011-XXXXX

Now that yogmah is out of this queue, i guess/hope polarpv you are next, if not already out!!

please post...

Just want to let you know a coworker with PD 4/2004 (Virginia, Non RIR) just replied the 45 day letter to PBEC.

zzzf said:
Just want to let you know a coworker with PD 4/2004 (Virginia, Non RIR) just replied the 45 day letter to PBEC.

I have been following 45 day letter trend since the beginning and know they have been random in nature at best. I always thought that had more to do with which state's boxes they open the first. But, here is what I have come across recently which doesn't seem to make sense.

In my company, I know few people who filed their cases in exact same category as mine from same state between august 2003 and october 2003. They all have received their 45 day letters last month. My case hasn't yet. I asked for new screen shot from PBEC and it still shows T number (probably means they haven't even entered the case yet.)

How does that happen. Same state, same category....any clues???

Thanks.

fastergcwanted said:
In my company, I know few people who filed their cases in exact same category as mine from same state between august 2003 and october 2003. They all have received their 45 day letters last month. My case hasn't yet. I asked for new screen shot from PBEC and it still shows T number (probably means they haven't even entered the case yet.)

Thanks.

fasterGC....one clue could be to match yout date of entry with those of your colleagues.
the date of entry are the 5 digits taht follow T
example: T-05122-*****
05 being 2005
and 122 - being the 122nd day of 2005.

if your colleagues dates of entry is close to yours you should be OK.
You will get ur letter shortly.
I rcvd the frikkin 45 DL way back on Nov 1... no action since then.
so the 45 DL has no significance to when your case will be approved.
also which state did you file from?

so no worries ...just hang in there.

BarneySha said:
fasterGC....one clue could be to match yout date of entry with those of your colleagues.
the date of entry are the 5 digits taht follow T
example: T-05122-*****
05 being 2005
and 122 - being the 122nd day of 2005.

if your colleagues dates of entry is close to yours you should be OK.
You will get ur letter shortly.
I rcvd the frikkin 45 DL way back on Nov 1... no action since then.
so the 45 DL has no significance to when your case will be approved.
also which state did you file from?

so no worries ...just hang in there.

Hi BarneySha,

I have looked at your case details earlier...and was happy to see a NON-RIR case get 45 day letter when you did. Since then we have seen lot of non-rir receiving letters.

My signature has my case details, mine was filed from VA-NON RIR in april 2003. Strange thing is my case was entered in may 2005, still no letter. I am hoping for the best.....but it seems like they missed a batch of boxes where I happen to fall in.

SAD...

Conversion to PERM

Guys

I am in a university position .

Pd - nov 2004 ,
EB3 Non - RIR , Michigan .

Can i convert to PERM and retain the Priority date ?

Since finding a US worker to replace university jobs are very easy , the recruitment prior to PERM is an issue for me . The HR and lawer says PERM will not benifit me because i cannot retain the priority date . is this true ?
Please advise

Thanks

csrini1 said:
Now that yogmah is out of this queue, i guess/hope polarpv you are next, if not already out!!

please post...

Congratulations Yogmah. It is nice to hear that a case from MI finally got approval. It gives me some hope.

I will check with my attorney and let the group know.

Hi Polarpv:

My case number is also D 0511 - xxxxxx. So, you should be hearing about your case anytime soon. Good luck.

onesource said:
Hi All,

This is my first posting on this board. But have been waiting on my labor application since 3 years now. Here are my details:-

PD : 02/07/2003 (Feb 7, 2003)
Case # : P-05208-XXXXX
Processing Center: Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Original Filing State : MA
Processing Type: TR (EB2-Non RIR)
45 Day Letter : Recieved on March 10, 2006. Replied same day.

Any comments on when I can expect something to happen to my case? I haven't done any recruitment efforts on the case yet.

hi onesource:

welcome to the non-rir family :) . i think you have a little more time to wait possibly towards the end of year or early next year. this is because you have to finish your recruitment process. PBEC is already started on that so hopefully you will hear something soon at the end of year. just hang in there don't give up.

-shagua

yogmah said:
Hello All:

hi yogmach:

gratz on the approval. :)

-shagua

fastergcwanted said:

Thanks.

hi fastergcwanted:

45 days letter is random. sometimes it depends on which box of file the officer opened.

btw, you mentioned your data was entered last year. could it be that your 45 day letter was lost in the mail process?

-shagua