Non RIR Discussion Only !

Reply to 'Intent to Convert' email

Did anyone receive a response from BEC yet for their 'Intent to Convert' to RIR email.
Mine was sent on Jan 3, 07. haven't heard yet from BEC.

Please update if any of you had any progress on this front?

Can one go ahead and do the recruitment and submit the recruitment package even if the 'intent to convert' email is not responded by BEC.?

In the FAQ of Dec 22, 06 # 5 states the steps under this opportunity and that has " c) BEC will send the applicant a receipt email with the new prevailing wage for the position upon which to base the wage offered in its recruitment.." as a clear step.

Online status

The online status is now showing whether the case is TR or RIR. So once you convert, you should be able to check whether the conversion has taken place or not.

jay1971 said:
The online status is now showing whether the case is TR or RIR. So once you convert, you should be able to check whether the conversion has taken place or not.
Will the RIR status appear after the "hold harmless" email has been processed, ot will it show RIR only after BEC has received, processed and accpeted the RIR-conversion package?

epidural said:
One of my friends lawyer too has said that the salary need not appear in the print AD for RIR. Hope this helps

I asked my attorney and he stated quite the opposite. If you look at any BEC listing on the AJB, they all list the salary. I also read somewhere (I am sorry I do not recall where) that you have to recruit with prevailing wage. If the act of recruiting is placing an advertisement in the paper, or internet site, then logically the wage should be listed with the job description.

re

HI,

My attorney told me that DOL only allowed to file ocnversion afetr Feb.

gcez said:
Did anyone receive a response from BEC yet for their 'Intent to Convert' to RIR email.

Can one go ahead and do the recruitment and submit the recruitment package even if the 'intent to convert' email is not responded by BEC.?

In the FAQ of Dec 22, 06 # 5 states the steps under this opportunity and that has " c) BEC will send the applicant a receipt email with the new prevailing wage for the position upon which to base the wage offered in its recruitment.." as a clear step.

sachv_ said:
ISn't BEC supposed to respond within 2 weeks after the recruitment period is over...
did everybody get their response from BEC or is it just the lucky few
My recruitment period closed on Dec 13, but yet to receive the instructions/resumes from the BEC.

TR shows up as RIR !

To my surprise my case shows up as RIR. Mine is a remanded case (see signature) and I was under the impression that it is a TR case sent to DBEC from Texas SWA.

Have any of you (remanded cases) seen this happen with your cases?

Congratulations to you! I think that the status is correct. You can contact your attorney and prepare for the next step. Remember that you will not be able to file 140/485 concurrently soon.

I wonder when is my day though. My PD is even a couple of months earlier.

kanke said:
Today I checked my status as usual and was about to go to the next link thinking it will the "in process" as usual.But to my surprise it showed certified.
I really don't know whether I can believe it.Yesterday morning it was in process.
I think I will trust it only when I get it in my hands. Thanks everyone who has given their valuable advise during this long process. I will update once I get confirmation from the lawyer and the real letter from DBEC

ETA-D-05094-xxxxx
PD-Nov/DEC 2001
state cleared 2004
Regional-June2004
DBEC -no idea when it got transferred
45 day letter-apparantly send by BEC in Sept2005, no idea whether company received or not ??
Case closed letter- 5 January2006
Case reinstated - sometime between February and June 2006
Screenshot-June2006-Data review
Online status-IN PROCESS September2006-9 January2007
Thought about RIR conversion ,but was not applicable as recruitment was already done.
Send several Fax and email (from Sept-December)to correct case source "state" to "regional" with no response from DBEC
Online status - Certified -10 January 2007

Good for you. I also heard such cases. It just proves that with the current system, anything can happen, good or bad, depending on your luck.

Hangin2001 said:
To my surprise my case shows up as RIR. Mine is a remanded case (see signature) and I was under the impression that it is a TR case sent to DBEC from Texas SWA.

Yes it happened to few cases in my company and coincidentally all of them got certified in the last 2 weeks.

My case is also a remanded case but it shows up as TR.

congratulations and good luck to you.

Hangin2001 said:

I predicted in last Dec. that they would begin posting ads after Jan.20 and it seems happening.
lengthyLabor said:
I am curious to know that why AJB is not posting any more jobs ? The last date that I see a job was posted is 12/16/2006 ? Are they just processing RIR cases now and waiting to receive emails from people to convert to RIR track or what ?

This is endless waiting. I have no hope for TR cases being done by the Sept 2007 deadline. :D

Some one in this forum said that we can go ahead and do the recruitment and it will be valid as long as the wage we offered is >= the prevailing wage sent by BEC.

gcez said:

Friend's remanded case approved

One of my colleague's case (PD Mar 2002) got approved today.
His was remanded and got approved as RIR. I am the same PD as him and also remanded. My case too shows up as RIR .. so I am desperately hoping for an approval anytime soon.

My Info:
PD Mar 2002
California
Remanded Aug 2004
45-day letter recd Jan 2006
Case #: D-05172-77*

zonzon said:
One of my colleague's case (PD Mar 2002) got approved today.
His was remanded and got approved as RIR. I am the same PD as him and also remanded. My case too shows up as RIR .. so I am desperately hoping for an approval anytime soon.

My Info:
PD Mar 2002
California
Remanded Aug 2004
45-day letter recd Jan 2006
Case #: D-05172-77*

Did you or your friend file for a RIR conversion ?

Mine showed as RIR too

Hangin2001 said:

This morning after a week when I checked my status online I saw my case processing type as RIR. It was TR and my attorney confirmed it like a month ago. But now I see it as RIR and I dont know how and why and I am pretty sure neither my company nor the attorney file for conversion from TR to RIR. It was a nice touch that the BEC added the processing type in there.

devar said:
This morning after a week when I checked my status online I saw my case processing type as RIR. It was TR and my attorney confirmed it like a month ago. But now I see it as RIR and I dont know how and why and I am pretty sure neither my company nor the attorney file for conversion from TR to RIR. It was a nice touch that the BEC added the processing type in there.

It is indeed nice that most of the remanded cases are showing up as RIR. Would you know the qualifications needed for your LC application. Mine was remanded as it was filed with BS + 0 ...

You may need to read something first. I am still in the LC stage thus I am not very familiar with the rest of the steps. Here is a link:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2002_register&docid=02-19249-filed

In breaking news of www.immigration-law.com:

12/11/2006: USCIS Considers Termination of Concurrent Filing (140/485)

* According to the USCIS rule-making agenda, the USCIS is to propose to terminate current concurrent I-140 and I-485 filing. The proposed rule is scheduled to be published in March 2007 with 60-day comment period. It is thus not imminent, but in the later part of next year(Oops!), the immigrant community may see a totally different filing procedure including electronic registration and filing just like current PERM labor certificaiton application procedure. Once the concurrent filing is terminated, the immigrants may experience a terrible pain as related to maintenance of nonimmigrant status pending I-140 petition, eligibility for 245K benefit, plus unavailability of EAD and AP pending I-140 petition, AC-21 180-day portability, etc. etc. Should the I-140 petition processing be dragged, the pain will be extremely unbearable!

In a word, you can file 140/485 at the same time right now before March. The good thing is that you can get EAD and AP after your 485 is filed. After March, people probably have to file 140 first. Then file 485 after 140 is approved. You are lucky enough to catch the last train!

kanke said:
Thanks. I do hope you and the computer are right. I had almost given hope on the LC and was making plans to go back.
Could you please explain about the concurrent I140/485 application.I really have no clue about it.
I do pray your paper will also see the green light very soon.

Deadline for sending "hold harmless" email extended

cal97 said:
It is indeed nice that most of the remanded cases are showing up as RIR. Would you know the qualifications needed for your LC application. Mine was remanded as it was filed with BS + 0 ...
The deadline for sending the "hold harmless" email for RIR-conversion has been extended from Jan 20 to Jan 22 (midnight EST). See http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

Reason given is that Jan 20 falls on a Saturday. Just goes to show short-sightedness of BEC policy making (backlog will be eliminated by Sep 30, 2007...hmm...now that's a Sunday, isn't it?) :)

Man these people are crazy. I am sure they are going to extend the September 2007 dead-line to Feb 2008 as somebody mentioned in this forum.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
The deadline for sending the "hold harmless" email for RIR-conversion has been extended from Jan 20 to Jan 22 (midnight EST). See http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

Reason given is that Jan 20 falls on a Saturday. Just goes to show short-sightedness of BEC policy making (backlog will be eliminated by Sep 30, 2007...hmm...now that's a Sunday, isn't it?) :)