Non RIR Discussion Only !

Another Approval for June 2003

Hi Guys,

My lawyer called yesterday to inform me that he has received my labor certification. I will like to seize this opportunity to thank you guys for keeping this forum alive. This forum gave me hope when I started seeing labor certification for 2003.

I wish all those still expecting theirs goodluck. We hope to meet at the immigration queue.

Details below:

Atlanta GA,EB3,RIR
PD:06/18/03
RD:11/05/03
45D:03/18/05
PBEC:p-05013-24XXX

Buddy,

I was thrilled at first thinking that finally there is an NON RIR case approved. But you are NOT!!!!!!!!! It's good to thank others but this is 'NON RIR ONLY'. Sorry for this but I can't help.

Congratulations.

VicMat said:
Hi Guys,

My lawyer called yesterday to inform me that he has received my labor certification. I will like to seize this opportunity to thank you guys for keeping this forum alive. This forum gave me hope when I started seeing labor certification for 2003.

I wish all those still expecting theirs goodluck. We hope to meet at the immigration queue.

Details below:

Atlanta GA,EB3,RIR
PD:06/18/03
RD:11/05/03
45D:03/18/05
PBEC:p-05013-24XXX

LC question

Does anyone know or seen in any threads LC approvals for NON-RIR EB2 OR EB3 cases for past few months?

I remember seeing a few approvals earlier this year for non-RIR cases. Then all approvals are RIR.

stsgc said:
Does anyone know or seen in any threads LC approvals for NON-RIR EB2 OR EB3 cases for past few months?

Guys,

I tried that link and it shows "In process". I am so tired therefore decided

to file under perm. 2 and half months preparation is done now lawyer has

to do their job of filing online.

My question to you all is since advertisement process is done and after filing

under Perm what are the chances of getting it certified soon?

Thanks guys and good luck to all of us.

I requested my company attorney to start perm preparation around two months ago. I was thinking of doing a PERM conversion case. After tracking on "PERM conversion" forum on this site, I don't think there's much advantage I would take by filing a conversion case in term of processing time (my guess). So I recently droped off the idea. The company lawyer wouldn't want to file a new PERM case for me (as per some DOL's rule, I am not quite sure) I don't want to loose my PD anyway, so I didn't persist on filing a new PERM (get labor approval waiting for filing I485 doesn't seem to be in a better condition)
I totoally understand that it's a very tough decision. I suppose that you are filling perm in EB2 category, otherwise, I dont' see the point in doing it if I were you.

life_w/o_gc said:
Guys,

I tried that link and it shows "In process". I am so tired therefore decided

to file under perm. 2 and half months preparation is done now lawyer has

to do their job of filing online.

My question to you all is since advertisement process is done and after filing

under Perm what are the chances of getting it certified soon?

Thanks guys and good luck to all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what my lawyer tells me, PERM conversions take about 4-6 months. So if you expect to get your traditional application approved in around the same time frame , then yes there is no point in filing a new PERM application. But I have a late 2002 PD and I harbor no hopes of seeing my labor getting approved for at least another year.

It would be real nice if you could move priority dates from an older, non-approved labor to a newer approved one, wouldn't it?? :) .

I filed PERM conversion on July 25, 2006 in Chicago

vikramsh said:
From what my lawyer tells me, PERM conversions take about 4-6 months. So if you expect to get your traditional application approved in around the same time frame , then yes there is no point in filing a new PERM application. But I have a late 2002 PD and I harbor no hopes of seeing my labor getting approved for at least another year.

It would be real nice if you could move priority dates from an older, non-approved labor to a newer approved one, wouldn't it?? :) .

I filed PERM conversion on July 25, 2006 in Chicago. Still waiting.

cuaderno said:
I requested my company attorney to start perm preparation around two months ago. I was thinking of doing a PERM conversion case. After tracking on "PERM conversion" forum on this site, I don't think there's much advantage I would take by filing a conversion case in term of processing time (my guess). So I recently droped off the idea. The company lawyer wouldn't want to file a new PERM case for me (as per some DOL's rule, I am not quite sure) I don't want to loose my PD anyway, so I didn't persist on filing a new PERM (get labor approval waiting for filing I485 doesn't seem to be in a better condition)
I totoally understand that it's a very tough decision. I suppose that you are filling perm in EB2 category, otherwise, I dont' see the point in doing it if I were you.

Hi cuaderno,
Appreciate your quick reply. I am really in confuse state of mind. My lawyer

said they have got couple of perm cases (off course conversion ones) approved

in less than a month and their words look very promising. Thanks once again.

bpc2001 said:
I remember seeing a few approvals earlier this year for non-RIR cases. Then all approvals are RIR.

Yeah all the approvals I have seen till now is for PERM. As recent as 2005 PD's. Meanwhile the status DOL website shows as "In Process". I wonder how much approximate time it takes for Non-RIR cases once the DOL application status is changed from "Data Review" to "In Process" to get LC approved.

what happens after recruitment

hello,
I was wondering what are the steps after the recruitment process. My application is EB2 non-RIR and the recruitment process was completed back in Dec 04. But nothing happened after that as the region forwarded it to BEC and it is now in philly BEC. when i check my case status it is the usual 'in process'. Can anyone enlighten me on how many more stages are left for my application to traverse ?

thanks.

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi cuaderno,
Appreciate your quick reply. I am really in confuse state of mind. My lawyer

said they have got couple of perm cases (off course conversion ones) approved

in less than a month and their words look very promising. Thanks once again.

The company lawyer notified me that my PERM conversion case had been approved this week. I submitted the conversion application on 7/25/06. It took about 6 weeks to get approved.

I did not confirm if my priority date was kept. But my pending case in Dallas backlog center was withdraw already.

EB2/IL/Nov.15, 2002/never reach region level/TR

Congratulations buddy! I have a Nov 2002 PD and am wrestling with the convert-to-PERM-or-not decision. Your 6-week datapoint certainly makes it more appealing.

check Block Center progress

since DBEC already have on line check in place, we can use it to check
how fast they go.

1) We need choose 100 members in different years,category(RIR/TR) and state.
2) Ask each members check 10 active case number,status near him each month.

if we have 100 member join the surey, we can check 100*10=1000 case,
it will tell us the whole picture how fast DBEC process.

Reply to: stuck_gc

stuck_gc said:
since DBEC already have on line check in place, we can use it to check
how fast they go.

1) We need choose 100 members in different years,category(RIR/TR) and state.
2) Ask each members check 10 active case number,status near him each month.

if we have 100 member join the surey, we can check 100*10=1000 case,
it will tell us the whole picture how fast DBEC process.

I just found an interesting thing at the AJB website (http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/quick)

For example, if you type "0517*" under the keyword field and select the "entire USA" option as the location, you'll see few job postings that were posted by "teamexceed".

"teamexceed" has probably the same address as DBEC's.

Also, if you copy the job ID number for any job posted by "teamexceed" and paste it at the ETA case status site (http://testlabor.doleta.gov/pbls/pbls_pds.cfm) with a prefix "D-", you'll see the case status of that particular listing.

Thought you guys would be interested to see this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow

Great find.
At last some light in the tunnel...
Thanks a lot...

MI_NonRIR said:
I just found an interesting thing at the AJB website (http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/quick)

For example, if you type "0517*" under the keyword field and select the "entire USA" option as the location, you'll see few job postings that were posted by "teamexceed".

Also, if you copy the job ID number for any job posted by "teamexceed" and paste it at the ETA case status site (http://testlabor.doleta.gov/pbls/pbls_pds.cfm) with a prefix "D-", you'll see the case status of that particular listing.

MI_NonRIR said:

---
the earliest case on that site posted by teamexceed is for 08/29. And in some cases they have mentioned Job start Date and End date from 8/29-9/29, which means that they leave the ad for a month on AJB.

on 8/29 they posted 14 pages of ads, each page has 10 ads so 140 ads for that day. While in last week they have posted 2-5 ads per day and soem days no ads at all. From 05/29-09/13 28 pages of ads-> 280 ads were posted in close to half a month.
600 cases in a month
60K in 100 months
120K cases in 200 months
At this rate for 100K cases with DBEC will take about 200 months to post all the ads.
What is Elain Chao smoking? oh, arrogance and ineptness.

what if the PD is lost?

Guys we reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy want to make sure an earlier PD is kept. What good it can do if we got LC and a PD of Oct. 2006?

vikramsh said:
Congratulations buddy! I have a Nov 2002 PD and am wrestling with the convert-to-PERM-or-not decision. Your 6-week datapoint certainly makes it more appealing.