Non RIR Discussion Only !

Thank you

yyang18,

This information is very tempting. I am wondering if that is what DOL wants the old case to do. When I contacted my lawyer last October, he told me that based on his educated guess, BEC should clear all cases by the end of this year. However, the DOL also sent out the statement that all the data entry (45 DL) will be done by the end of this year earlier this year. The information we got is very mixed. When will they take on the 2002's old cases? How many of the 245(i) 2001 old cases are still pending in BEC's hand?

Based on the lawyer's response last October, he is not willing to try converting me to PERM because he thinks that it will take almost the same time to get the LC either way. And PERM will risk the case more than the regular one. Have you consulted with your lawyer on this?

Thank you for sharing the information.

yyang18 said:
you will find the successful store at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=181116&page=11&pp=15

Also, I read another successful store from a Chinese website. The conversion case took 4 month to get aproved by the end of 2005

Case Source?

badluckinusa,

Congratulations on your labor approval.

What was the Case Source in your screen shot if you had requested earlier? Was it State or Region?

Thanks
badluckinusa said:
Friends,

I just came to know that my labor is approved.
My pd id Jan03.
It reached Chicago sometime in Jan05 and then to dallas.
If mine is just a 3 year's labor horror story, i can imagine how painful for those who are waiting longer than me.

Badluckinusa.

Region

45 day letter is received on Apr15th 2005 and replied in the same month.
My case was "Region" as it reached chicago after recruitment done at state(ohio) in Jan05.
Screen shots did show case status as "TR" and case source as "Region" when i requested in last summer.

Please be aware of that there are also many complains after people converted their cases to PERM due to 3, 4, 5 even more months pending in PERM process center. There are always some risk.

Our company attorney showed negtive attitude when I asked for the conversion. I spent a week to persuade VP of our depart. and my boss to support me. I know it is not easy thing, especially when you work for big company.

I may be promoted in this year, this is another reason why the attorney against the conversion. The attorney said I can not be promoted until receiving green card. Sometime, by law, there is no black and white explaination. People may have different read on one thing. Try what you can. No matter what result is, just take it.

txtramdream said:
yyang18,

This information is very tempting. I am wondering if that is what DOL wants the old case to do. When I contacted my lawyer last October, he told me that based on his educated guess, BEC should clear all cases by the end of this year. However, the DOL also sent out the statement that all the data entry (45 DL) will be done by the end of this year earlier this year. The information we got is very mixed. When will they take on the 2002's old cases? How many of the 245(i) 2001 old cases are still pending in BEC's hand?

Based on the lawyer's response last October, he is not willing to try converting me to PERM because he thinks that it will take almost the same time to get the LC either way. And PERM will risk the case more than the regular one. Have you consulted with your lawyer on this?

Thank you for sharing the information.

badluckinusa said:
45 day letter is received on Apr15th 2005 and replied in the same month.
My case was "Region" as it reached chicago after recruitment done at state(ohio) in Jan05.
Screen shots did show case status as "TR" and case source as "Region" when i requested in last summer.

Hi badluckinusa

Congratulations on your approval. Also you said that you received the sreenshot last summer. If you do not mind could you share the "Date Submitted" field value with us?

Regards and best of luck with USCIS

WAL

yyang18 said:
The filing date is the same as region date?

hi yyang18:

filing date is the date you applied with sesa. region date is the date your case got transfered to region after recruitment is completed.

-shagua

What a labor,

I did not save the screenshot.
I rememeber that date as some time after my 45-day letter is replied and i assumed that they received my 45 day letter on that date in may 05.

I wish i could be of some help to you.
But like shagua always says, don't give up. hang on there. you will get it.

WhatALabor said:
Hi badluckinusa

Congratulations on your approval. Also you said that you received the sreenshot last summer. If you do not mind could you share the "Date Submitted" field value with us?

Regards and best of luck with USCIS

WAL

Thankyou

badluckinusa said:
What a labor,

I did not save the screenshot.
I rememeber that date as some time after my 45-day letter is replied and i assumed that they received my 45 day letter on that date in may 05.

I wish i could be of some help to you.
But like shagua always says, don't give up. hang on there. you will get it.

Hi badluckinusa

thank you for the response. I was just trying to figure out whether that date gives an indication of when the case was submitted to the process queue.
Also here is an analysis from the tracker

of all(Non RIR) the approval here is breakup

Dallas DOL(cases approved) 6 out of Total 11
Chicago DOL 7 out of total 19
Sanfrancisco DOL 2 out of Total 7

California SWA 1 out of total 17
Texas SWA 1 out of total 11
Colorado SWA 1 out of total 8
all the others 0 approvals

It looks like for Chocago DOL 5 out of 7 approvals came last month(Jan 06).

Regards

Hi Shagua:

Thank you for your clarification. Based on what I know, the recruitment activity should start when labor department processed the case.

I filed labor on 11/2002 earlier than some guys, but these guys' cases were processed first, in other words, they completed the recruitment according to the direction of labor department. How come? The FIFO rule for processing labor applications was not a new rule, I thought it was also the principle before PERM in place. Otherwise, it seemed that FIFO was a rule, but never be followed even before PERM.

shagua said:
hi yyang18:

filing date is the date you applied with sesa. region date is the date your case got transfered to region after recruitment is completed.

-shagua

Hello WhatALabor:

Can I see all approved or pending Non-RIR cases you mentioned in your message at http://www.nriweb.com/dlbectracker.php.

It would be nice and easy to track the trend if all cases in one place.

yyang18

WhatALabor said:
Hi badluckinusa

thank you for the response. I was just trying to figure out whether that date gives an indication of when the case was submitted to the process queue.
Also here is an analysis from the tracker

Regards

It the below info is true. It means that 3 swa non-rir cases got their labor approved !!!??

It would be great to find out their PDs
( if their PDs are before aug 2001 then maybe they are being treated as rir?)
otherwise they would actually have received recruitment instructions which is very exciting.

Are these caes available on just watchings tracker?

Thanks,

canonrir: (pd 10-10-03 transfered frm ca swa, no 45 day letter)

WhatALabor said:

Regards

canonrir said:
It the below info is true. It means that 3 swa non-rir cases got their labor approved !!!??

It would be great to find out their PDs
( if their PDs are before aug 2001 then maybe they are being treated as rir?)
otherwise they would actually have received recruitment instructions which is very exciting.

Are these caes available on just watchings tracker?

Thanks,

canonrir: (pd 10-10-03 transfered frm ca swa, no 45 day letter)

Hi canonrir

yes, it is from JustWatching's Excel sheet. But the SWA cases got approved were RIR remanded cases, so for them the recruitment was already over, but still got remanded to state so those are special cases not like regular traditional Non-RIR.
Again I feel that during a given month the approvals show that about 90% are from the same Region. I do not know whether they are processing different regions during different months and rotate region,because a perfect FIFO based on PD and 45DL is very Far from reality at this pont. But still we do not have enough cases to derive a pattern.

Regards
WAL

Last edited by a moderator:
yyang18 said:
Hi Shagua:

Thank you for your clarification. Based on what I know, the recruitment activity should start when labor department processed the case.

I filed labor on 11/2002 earlier than some guys, but these guys' cases were processed first, in other words, they completed the recruitment according to the direction of labor department. How come? The FIFO rule for processing labor applications was not a new rule, I thought it was also the principle before PERM in place. Otherwise, it seemed that FIFO was a rule, but never be followed even before PERM.

hi yyang18:

recruitment was instructed by state and then transferred to regional labor dept for review. RD is the date regional received your case from state.

BEC is not following FIFO. they hoped to do FIFO but they failed. i have always advise our non rir friends that don't loose faith even tho this process seems very hopeless. we never know, maybe another 2003 approval incoming or some miracle happen.

hope this helps...

-shagua

Looks like 245(i)cases are taking its toll on Non_rir Cases

Looks like 245(i)cases are taking its toll on Non_rir Cases

please read
http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

Small good news. The State Department reports that the USCIS demands for EB visa numbers have been very slow and until the demand increases, the EB visa numbers will keep moving forward.
The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 345,000 plus their dependants of estimated 250,000 - 275,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously.
The family-based categories moved very slow but there were no dramatic retrogression in any categories. It should be taken a small good news.
The immigration quota system is choked and will continue to be choked, unless a relief comes from the pending Comprehensive Immigration Reform legislation.

Regards

WAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mamalabor,

I did not receive 45 days letter.

Based on tracking data, I found that Dallas backlog center issued 45 days letters before 5/05, 9/05 and 1/06. There were gaps in last year, it seemed they did not issue 45 letters during 6/05-8/05 and looks like they start to send out 45 letter again after new year.

To be RIR cases, they may have chance to be approved without 45 days letters, but to be non-rir cases, I did not see any approved cases withour 45 days letter.

So far, my conclusion is that the Non-RIR cases, which are at SWA level, have the lowest priority when Dallas Backlog Center processes the pending cases.

Hopefully, when all data entry work is done and all 45 day letters are sent out, Dallas Center will re-allocate their resource to process the pending cases based on FIFO rule. I did not expect it happens before the 4th quarter of 2006 or beginning of 2007

yyang18

mamalabor said:
yyang18:
Did you get your 45 days notice?

Thanks.

At end of 2006, all of RIR cases will be cleared up.
They processed Apr.04-aug, 04 RIR case right now.
Perm instead of RIR after Mar.05

yyang18 said:
Hi mamalabor,

I did not receive 45 days letter.

Based on tracking data, I found that Dallas backlog center issued 45 days letters before 5/05, 9/05 and 1/06. There were gaps in last year, it seemed they did not issue 45 letters during 6/05-8/05 and looks like they start to send out 45 letter again after new year.

To be RIR cases, they may have chance to be approved without 45 days letters, but to be non-rir cases, I did not see any approved cases withour 45 days letter.

So far, my conclusion is that the Non-RIR cases, which are at SWA level, have the lowest priority when Dallas Backlog Center processes the pending cases.

Hopefully, when all data entry work is done and all 45 day letters are sent out, Dallas Center will re-allocate their resource to process the pending cases based on FIFO rule. I did not expect it happens before the 4th quarter of 2006 or beginning of 2007

yyang18

Hi mamalabor,

I don't know how you figured out all of RIR cases will be cleared up by the end of 2006. If you like, I can send your pending case tracking file. You will find out there are so many cases filed before 2004, are not processed yet.

Anywany, being optimistic and patient are so important to us.

yyang18

mamalabor said:
At end of 2006, all of RIR cases will be cleared up.
They processed Apr.04-aug, 04 RIR case right now.
Perm instead of RIR after Mar.05