Non RIR Discussion Only !

Got RRI from PBEC running Ad in jan (5 months)

Hey mkk,

Here is an update on my case.. well, atleast there is some update on my case... We sent RRI waiting for documents from the Backlog center for a month plus in March and today we get the RRI from PBEC for our Jan 2007 Recruitment effort. So, I guess after running the adv. in Jan 1st week... and gettting RRI in June 2nd week... Looks like the person handling your case and my case was on a diability leave for 5 months and has just come back:D

Good Luck buddy

Well Folks,
As far as RRI is concerned, I have the worst case scenario. Never recieved RRI for recruitment done during Dec. 2006.
Case still showing up as closed. Almost 3 months in closed status.

Hey mkk,

Here is an update on my case.. well, atleast there is some update on my case... We sent RRI waiting for documents from the Backlog center for a month plus in March and today we get the RRI from PBEC for our Jan 2007 Recruitment effort. So, I guess after running the adv. in Jan 1st week... and gettting RRI in June 2nd week... Looks like the person handling your case and my case was on a diability leave for 5 months and has just come back:D

Good Luck buddy

Contact your HR/Lawyer

As far as RRI is concerned, I have the worst case scenario. Never recieved RRI for recruitment done during Dec. 2006.
Case still showing up as closed. Almost 3 months in closed status

I think you should ask your lawyer/HR to contact the BackLog Center. I got on top of my case and may be that is what helped. Until, we get going, these lazy people will NOT work

Good Luck

Case Closed

Same here NJ-TR

My case was also closed never received Recruitment Report Instructions.

2 months and counting.

No response from PBEC

If the dates are current shouldn't everyone with approved labor and 140 be able to apply? Why would the applications get retrogressed? Also, once I have my labor approved can I now apply for 140 and 485 simultaneously?

EB3/TR/ PD 9/2003
RRI Replied: 6/7/07

If the dates are current shouldn't everyone with approved labor and 140 be able to apply? Why would the applications get retrogressed? Also, once I have my labor approved can I now apply for 140 and 485 simultaneously?

EB3/TR/ PD 9/2003
RRI Replied: 6/7/07

As per my understanding, Yes, everyone with approved Labor and 140 should be able to apply for 485 starting July 1st. But that is the reason there would be retrogression in the coming months, since all with approved labor would be eligible there would be a boat load of people trying to apply for 485. This would call for a retrogression of dates.

Yes, once you have your labor cleared you should be eligible for concurrent filing of 140 and 485, provided the PD remains current when your labor gets approved.

Well ofcourse that was what I had been doing for the past three months. They keep telling me, that they had contacted PBEC, and they were assured that the case is being processed to be re-opened. Other than waiting there is nothing much that I can do at this stage.

I think you should ask your lawyer/HR to contact the BackLog Center. I got on top of my case and may be that is what helped. Until, we get going, these lazy people will NOT work

Good Luck

Contact PBEC for RRI.

I tend to agree with PRholder. As stated before, it took 2 physical mails and several emails from the legal to BEC before getting the RRI. And I believe that helped.

Unfortunately I don't know the contents of the email or mails that were sent.

As per my understanding, Yes, everyone with approved Labor and 140 should be able to apply for 485 starting July 1st. But that is the reason there would be retrogression in the coming months, since all with approved labor would be eligible there would be a boat load of people trying to apply for 485. This would call for a retrogression of dates.

Yes, once you have your labor cleared you should be eligible for concurrent filing of 140 and 485, provided the PD remains current when your labor gets approved.

nkimmigration,

That's what I want to have a clear idea about. Let's say the visa bulletin date retrogresses and becomes 12/2003 for EB3, that still means that my application with PD of 09/2003 is eligible to apply for 485 right?

Thanks.

PD 9/2003 EB3 MI

nkimmigration,

That's what I want to have a clear idea about. Let's say the visa bulletin date retrogresses and becomes 12/2003 for EB3, that still means that my application with PD of 09/2003 is eligible to apply for 485 right?

Thanks.

PD 9/2003 EB3 MI

Yes, that is right. When your labor gets approved, as long as the EB3 cut off date for your country is either current or later then 09/2003, you should be able to apply for concurrent 140/485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone has any input on this? I'm thinking of the same thing to ask my company or lawer call DBEC. I'm not sure that official number will help (214)237-9111.

Is there any way the employer can call Backlog and find out what is going on .
PD: AUG 20, 2003
CASE NO: D-05194-XXXXX
RRI REPLIED: 18TH MAY, 2007.

how long it takes to receive hard copies of labor certification???

tamisgreat,
Congratulations!!!
Could you update once you receive your hard copies?

Thanks
varsityboys

Although I have not rcvd the letter as yet, it says "certified" online

CA, EB2, Regular/Traditional Labor
Case Number: D-05174-XXXXX
Priorty Date: 23 March 2003
45 Day letter Received: 31 May 2006
45 Day responded: 6 June 2006
RI Received: 8 March 2007
Final report submitted to DOL: 22 May 2007.
Labor certified online: 13 June 2007

When to place the newspaper ad?

My PD is April 2004.
AJB ad posted on June 2, 2007.
We received the RRI with recruitment period mentioned as June 18 - July 18. Can we place the newspaer ad on June 17th, 18th, 19th? I am asking because 17th is outside the period mentioned in RRI. How late can the ad be placed? Can we post on July 1, 2, 3 or is too late? Thanks.

My thought

My PD is April 2004.
AJB ad posted on June 2, 2007.
We received the RRI with recruitment period mentioned as June 18 - July 18. Can we place the newspaer ad on June 17th, 18th, 19th? I am asking because 17th is outside the period mentioned in RRI. How late can the ad be placed? Can we post on July 1, 2, 3 or is too late? Thanks.

I don't think your newspaper ad on June 17 will be counted, since it falls out of the recruitment period. July 1,2,3 will not be too late at all. Just pick 3 dates in that month period and DOL will be OK.

My lawyer just will reply back the RRI tomorrow. According to the information she sent to me, she included the original advertisement tear sheets for each day the ad ran (which has dates on it). Hope that I will see the magic word pop out of the status checking website soon.

Thanks txtramdream. Are we supposed to reapply and get interviewed again after the internal posting?

No. You don't have to reapply for your job posting. The purpose of the internal job posting and the newspaper ad is for testing US labor market to see if there are any qualified US workers (US citizens, green card holders, refugees) who meet the job of yours.

Good luck to you, and all of us.

TxTramDream