Non RIR Discussion Only !

shagua,

Thank you so much for your support to all of us. We really need this.

Good luck to all of us. This thread is vry helpful to me too.

PD 04/2002
CA EB3 TR
No 45 Days letter yet.

More older

yogmah said:
Hello:

I have been in this portal for almost 3 years. This is my first post. Here are my details

Priority Date: Dec 2000 (Yes, it's been almost 5 years and no LCA approval yet)
State Filed: MI
Type: NON RIR
RD in Chicago: Oct 2003
45 day letter received and replied: March 2005
LCA Approval date:
Case #: Not disclosed by the company

I know there are cases for April 2001 getting approved and I was wondering if there is something happening to my case. I know a couple of my colleagues with similare PD (i.e. Dec 2000, Jan 2001), who are still waiting for their LCA to be approved.

Hello Yogmah,

My case is older than yours June 2000 (priority date) from MI only and still waiting for the approval (Five and half years). Attorney procesing my case said that BEC don't have very good FIFO system. That is the reason why we are seeing random approvals.

Please make sure via your attorney that BEC received your 45 days letter response intime. Eventhough you responded intime still make sure they got it.

Pavan
Priority date: June 2000
Recived date: Oct 2002
Type: EB3 (non-rir)
State: MI

Hello Pavan:

I know a friend of mine whose PD was Aug 2000 and his case got approved a few months back i.e. Oct 2005.

My lawyer confirmed that they had sent back the 45 days letter on March 14, 2005.

I will keep you posted.

Non-RIR/EB3/IL
PD:08/05/2003
45 day letter:still waiting

Lawyer says application is at DBEC. Does any one know how to check if application is at DBEC or not? Will Lawyer only get notified when 45 day letter is sent?

stsgc said:
Non-RIR/EB3/IL
PD:08/05/2003
45 day letter:still waiting

Lawyer says application is at DBEC. Does any one know how to check if application is at DBEC or not? Will Lawyer only get notified when 45 day letter is sent?

hi stsgc:

your employer also gets 45 day letter.

do not know any other way to know where the application went except from the 45 day letter.

hope this helps :)

-shagua

Hi Yogmah !

Hi Yogmah,

Are you in EB2 or EB3 ?

The Jan 2006 visa bulletien shows dates for EB2 as Jan 2001 and EB3 as Jun 1999. Just wanted to know if they are moving the dates as per BEC applications which are still pending or just moving the dates on their own whim ?
Guys, what do you think ?

Thanks !

yogmah said:
Hello:

I have been in this portal for almost 3 years. This is my first post. Here are my details

Priority Date: Dec 2000 (Yes, it's been almost 5 years and no LCA approval yet)
State Filed: MI
Type: NON RIR
RD in Chicago: Oct 2003
45 day letter received and replied: March 2005
LCA Approval date:
Case #: Not disclosed by the company

I know there are cases for April 2001 getting approved and I was wondering if there is something happening to my case. I know a couple of my colleagues with similare PD (i.e. Dec 2000, Jan 2001), who are still waiting for their LCA to be approved.

gc_maze said:
Hi Yogmah,

Are you in EB2 or EB3 ?

The Jan 2006 visa bulletien shows dates for EB2 as Jan 2001 and EB3 as Jun 1999. Just wanted to know if they are moving the dates as per BEC applications which are still pending or just moving the dates on their own whim ?
Guys, what do you think ?

Thanks !

Hi:

I am in EB2. I do not know if there is anybody from Michigan with PD after Dec 2000 whose LCA is cleared by the BEC.

My company and the attorney are saying that the approval is random.

FYI--- Email from my Attorney

In late November, the U.S. Department of Labor agreed to a dialogue with the American Immigration Lawyers Association to discuss current issues with the labor certification application process, relative to both processing at the Backlog Elimination Centers and processing under PERM. Some of the key issues that DOL addressed during this dialogue pertaining to processing at the BECs are as follows:

1. The BECs initially established a goal of completing full data entry on all cases and issuing all 45-day letters by 12/31/2005. Unfortunately, DOL has confirmed that the BECs cannot meet this goal. The current estimate is that by June 2006, the BECs will complete data entry and send out 45-day letters on the remaining cases.

2. The BECs expect to start sending out recruitment instructions on traditional cases soon, where 45-day letters have been issued.

3. DOL is considering the establishment of a liaison that will permit attorneys to communicate directly with the BECs and PERM Centers to address individual case issues and obtain information.

While the process at the BECs remains slow, we are seeing progress and a recent increase in the issuance of 45-day letters. We remain optimistic that processing at the BECs will continue to improve as they are able to eliminate applications that are no longer viable and develop an efficient procedure. We will continue to monitor the situation at the BECs and provide you with updated information as it becomes available. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Hi MI_NonRIR,

Your Attorney's email is atleast giving us some idea about what is going on

at DBEC. My attorney always says wait or lets go for PERM which is kind of

tricky at this moment. My PD is April 2002 CA EB3.

Thanks anyways for sharing this info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got a Non-RIR labor approval for California

Hello,

Did anyone get a Non-RIR labor approval for California yet?

My case details:
PD: Oct 2003
Filed in: CA
Type: Non-RIR
EB2

Thank you.
Sam

Yo ppl,

just wanted to get a feel of what life in BEC-land is...and sheesh...after 4 pages, got tired.

***crosses arm over heart***

Man, I can feel it for you...

Sam, I cant believe you stuck out for so long, single income, no home, life as an alien must suck, eh?

BTW, I was a EB3 RIR, rejected by federal labor, came back to state, refiled as EB3 non-rir and fed labor raised a NOF and finally got labor cleared...All this happened beween dec-2001 and 2004.

Seeing so many people with cases at BECs, wow...finally justice is being done...

BRETHREN, DO NOT WORRY, THE DATES ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE WITHOUT YOU THIS TIME :) Have faith...

Maybe we should all volunteer at the BECs to speeden up things!

45 day letter

Can someone predict an approximate timeframe for me to recieve 45 day letter. I noticed from my screenshot that they had alloted a case number somewhere in Aug. But so far I have not seen any thing.

Did they cleared those April 2001 backlog ?

Thanks in advance

Got 45 Day Letter

Finally got 45 day letter and attorney responded immediately.

----------------------------------
SF/California
EB3
Non-RIR
PD: 10/12/2002
Never made it to regional

ajay_non_rir said:
Finally got 45 day letter and attorney responded immediately.

----------------------------------
SF/California
EB3
Non-RIR
PD: 10/12/2002
Never made it to regional

That is a promising news. Could you please tell us the contents of the 45 day letter ?
Are they asking the employer to start advertising for the post as this is for Non-RIR

tarikida said:
Can someone predict an approximate timeframe for me to recieve 45 day letter. I noticed from my screenshot that they had alloted a case number somewhere in Aug. But so far I have not seen any thing.

Did they cleared those April 2001 backlog ?

Thanks in advance

hi tarikida:

can't say when they will finish 45 day letters especially during the holiday season. i just looked at the tracker in this forum and concluded with the following:

1. BEC has moved beyond april 2001 although some of our friends with pd earlier than this date may still be waiting. (random approval some have said in this thread)

2. there has been 1 labor certified with PD in jan 2002. if i remember correctly, i have seen 1 or 2 approved labor from june 2001.

long live the thread and happy new year :)

-shagua

Last edited by a moderator:
life_w/o_gc said:
shagua,

Thank you so much for your support to all of us. We really need this.

Good luck to all of us. This thread is vry helpful to me too.

PD 04/2002
CA EB3 TR
No 45 Days letter yet.

hi life_w/o_gc:

thank u for the support too. please don't change to perm, your PD is quite old too and i think they will get to u soon next year.

just to comfort u more, after we file 140 there has been no movement at california service center so for those of u in california, u are still in good shape.

happy new year..our fight continues...

-shagua

Wait for BEC or change to PERM

shagua said:
:

thank u for the support too. please don't change to perm, your PD is quite old too and i think they will get to u soon next year.

-shagua

Hi Shagua,

I'm glad to see that even though you are now in I-140 stage, you are still participating in Labor forums and encouraging people.

I have a question about the comment you made above advising not to change to PERM.

My Labor is pending at DBEC (TR, EB3, Dec 2001) with 45-day letter replied in Oct 2005.

I am now preparing for a PERM filing. Recruitment is going on. I'm in the 7th year on H1 and the attorney says that we should do a new PERM filing and leave the BEC case untouched. I, on the other hand, am more inclined to try and convert my BEC case to PERM so that I get the Dec 2001 PD on my PERM.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.