Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

i have the same problem of checking the staus. I have done FP but got the same error:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

How do you guys check the status? could you shed some light? thanks a bunch

Hi,

Try this

Contact info;

FP status: (304)625-5590
(you need your A #. They will not give you the status on Namecheck)

Namecheck status;
You can call USCIS to see if ur Namecheck is cleared or still pending

1-800-375-5283
and press 1, 2, 2 ,6 1, 4 to talk to a live person

===================
CSC/San Fransicso DO

PD :10/25/07
FP: 1/2/2008
FP & NameCheck: Cleared sometime in Jan'08 according to USCIS
Online status: Case not found (as of 3/1/08)

nj4citizen,

I cannot find my case details on USCIS website either. But when I called USCIS up today to correct a typo in my first name, they said my case is not in website and they transferred to some other section and the person over there gladly changed my name and said confirmation notice will be sent within 30 days!

Folks,

Here is my timeline

Application received date : June 22, 2007
Priority date : June 22, 2007
FP date : July 28, 2007
IL received : Dec 14, 2007
Interview and Oath date : Feb 21, 2008

Here are the questions asked.

1. What do the stripes on the flag represent ?
2. Who said 'Give me liberty or give me death' ?
3. Who makes federal laws in the U.S. ?
4. How many times can the senators be elected ?
5. Independence day celebrates independence from whom ?
6. What holiday was celebrated for the first time by American colonists ?

Interview and oath was done on the same day. My wife had interview on 25th Feb. She was asked 10 questions from the same set.
This site was really useful during citizenship process.

Except for the wait time, this process is pretty straightforward.
Good luck to all who are waiting in this process.

hello guys... on my other thread... when you go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
and type in your app, I think esc* would be then for n400 then 002 for VSC and then comes the real app number.... which I could find up to esc*002080499 meaning app # 80,499 which equals Nov 14th 2007. I am on the 120's which could also mean that between Nov and Jan there were 40,000 apps for VSC. Any comments???

VSC (New York City DO)
N-400 mailed - 08/31/2007
Priority Date - 09/04/2007
Check Cashed - 11/15/2007
Status Appears Online - 12/06/2007
NOA Received - 12/08/2007
FP Notice - 12/08/2007
FP Date/Done - 12/26/2007
InfoPass #1 - 02/15/08 (Name Check Cleared, IL ETA - 1 to 2 months)
Interview Notice - XX/XX/XX
Interview Date - XX/XX/XX
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

hello guys... on my other thread... when you go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp
and type in your app, I think esc* would be then for n400 then 002 for VSC and then comes the real app number.... which I could find up to esc*002080499 meaning app # 80,499 which equals Nov 14th 2007. I am on the 120's which could also mean that between Nov and Jan there were 40,000 apps for VSC. Any comments???

VSC (New York City DO)
N-400 mailed - 01/16/2008
Priority Date - 01/23/2008
Check Cashed - 01/25/2008
Status Appears Online - NOPE
NOA Received - 02/05/2008
FP Notice - 02/01/2008
FP Date/Done - 02/19/2008
Interview Notice - XX/XX/XX
Interview Date - XX/XX/XX
Oath Notice - XX/XX/XX
Oath Date - XX/XX/XX

N-400 in Newark

gvjagan and Bayern,
Thank you for your update and information. Let's keep on updating the progress.
Good luck

Hi,

Try this

Contact info;

FP status: (304)625-5590
(you need your A #. They will not give you the status on Namecheck)

Namecheck status;
You can call USCIS to see if ur Namecheck is cleared or still pending

1-800-375-5283
and press 1, 2, 2 ,6 1, 4 to talk to a live person

===================
CSC/San Fransicso DO

PD :10/25/07
FP: 1/2/2008
FP & NameCheck: Cleared sometime in Jan'08 according to USCIS
Online status: Case not found (as of 3/1/08)

njresident

Hi njresident,
congratulations!! and thanks for posting your timeline.

I have question. Were the interview quesitons oral or written.

Making this thread active

Just want to keep this thread active. Does not seem like that there have been any interview letters recieved for the Newark DO folks. Wonder what VSC is upto ?

I am planning to actually send out a letter to the VSC as was suggested by the IO during my Infopass appointment on Feb 29th. Who knows it may help wake somebody up and they may realize that they actually forgot to do their jobs ???:D

Just want to keep this thread active. Does not seem like that there have been any interview letters recieved for the Newark DO folks. Wonder what VSC is upto ?

I am planning to actually send out a letter to the VSC as was suggested by the IO during my Infopass appointment on Feb 29th. Who knows it may help wake somebody up and they may realize that they actually forgot to do their jobs ???:D

What exactly did the IO suggest you put in the letter? Something tells me that writing a letter to VSC won't do much good, but who knows?

To schedule my Interview

The IO suggested that I write to them to schedule my interview...sounds kind of obvious...shouldn't they already know to do that ??

Anyways, I have done exactly that and will be mailing the letter tomorrow.

FP Reschedule followup

Any guidance is appreciated on this topic. If I asked for a FP reschedule what is the best way to followup?

All,
I had to reschedule my FP at Newark (originally scheduled for 2/8/08). I sent the letter on 1/23 requesting to reschedule. I haven't heard from them yet. My status does not comeup on the website (gives an error like the others discussed here). I was able to talk to someone from VSC over the phone, but they do not have any updates.

Should I request an Info Pass session?

Please continue updating all of us

Hi ROCKY1,

Can you please let me know promptly whenever you get your interview date on my email skyzee1@gmail.com.

Its very helpful to approximately decide when we will get interview because we are just 2 weeks behind you.

I have one more question for you guys?
After fingerprint how we come to know that the name check is cleared ? After fingerprinting what is the next step ..... I mean we get notice for interview date directly or is anyother step is there in between ....

THANKS..... keep rocking NEWARK - NJ thread .....

N-400 mailed : 11/27/07
Recived : 11/29/07
FP done : 02/04/08
Interview Date : ??

Will do

Skyzee1,

I will definitely post an update once I get the interview letter. However, I am not sure how you say that your timeline is only 2 weeks away from mine. My PD is 08/06/2007 and your mailed your application 11/27/07 ??

Also, you need to schedule an Infopass appointment to find out if your namecheck has been cleared.

Hope this helps.

Interview letter in 2 months

I called VSC last week ( March 3, 2008) and was given the following info:
1. My case was finally cleared on JAN 22, 2008-
and my case was sent to District Office( Newark)
2. I have to wait 2-3 months for Newark to schedule my interview and the lady confirmed that means i am on cue for interview.

My Timeline:

N-400 application sent:August 27, 2007
Fingerprinting Done: December 11, 2007
Case Cleared and forwarded to D.O.: January 22, 2008
Interview Date: 2-3 months from March, 2008

The IO suggested that I write to them to schedule my interview...sounds kind of obvious...shouldn't they already know to do that ??

Anyways, I have done exactly that and will be mailing the letter tomorrow.

I agree, they should be scheduling an interview anyway. I have a feeling that their response will be something to the extent of "you are currently in queue and will be scheduled for an interview when a slot becomes available". They may even throw in the proverbial "1-2 months until IL" timeline, which is something the IOs are liberally throwing around nowadays. Anyway, keep us posted on what happens!

FP experience

I have my FP appointment at 24 commerce st at 9 AM. Can anyone share experience - do I need to go early, is there a big line or huge wait time etc. Thank you.

I called VSC last week ( March 3, 2008) and was given the following info:
1. My case was finally cleared on JAN 22, 2008-
and my case was sent to District Office( Newark)
2. I have to wait 2-3 months for Newark to schedule my interview and the lady confirmed that means i am on cue for interview.

My Timeline:

N-400 application sent:August 27, 2007
Fingerprinting Done: December 11, 2007
Case Cleared and forwarded to D.O.: January 22, 2008
Interview Date: 2-3 months from March, 2008

Arigsagc,

Can you please confirm the message that you get when checking your Case Status Online ? I was told that one way to verify that your case has been forwarded to the DO is when you get a "Failed to retrieve the case online..." message.

Also, did you have an infopass or did you talk to an IO on the phone. I tried calling but they don't connect you thru to an IO if you have a receipt number...they just look up the current processing times and tell you that June 18th is currently being processed so you have to wait....it's disgusting.
:confused:

No status on line

Since day one, my case cant be found in the system so i kept on calling them and they said its okay. Everything was fine.

I did not have any infopass, I was lucky enough that everytime I called them the person was kind enough to give me the information i want, he even told me the specific dates when:
a. the clearance was completed
b. the case was sent to district office

There was one time that the lady started the conversation by saying " humm, it looks everything is cleared and you are in queue for interview and the other one was more detailed giving those specific dates. That was i big relief and now i know everything is in the mercy of DO people.

I hope this one helps.

Arigsagc,

Can you please confirm the message that you get when checking your Case Status Online ? I was told that one way to verify that your case has been forwarded to the DO is when you get a "Failed to retrieve the case online..." message.

Also, did you have an infopass or did you talk to an IO on the phone. I tried calling but they don't connect you thru to an IO if you have a receipt number...they just look up the current processing times and tell you that June 18th is currently being processed so you have to wait....it's disgusting.
:confused: