Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Leyefe12 and Rizven,
Firstly congrats to both of you.

I just want post here that I have applied for N400 today for me and my wife. I will keep updating my siggy like everyone else here. this board is really useful.
Also, if there are any Jan filers please share if you have got FP notices.

questions on tracking status

N-400 folks for Vermont center:

I recently applied for N-400 and did fingerprint on 2/9/08.

When I checked my case status online:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=bca5W74A-4Ip1ahGUeYFr

and input my receipt number ESC*0021xxxxx
I was told

Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Same result if I call 800-375-5283

Can you guys find out your case status?

Thank you so much

Passed Interview but no oath

Hi rizven ,

I had my interview at Mt.Laurel Office yesterday (02/13/07) too. The interview went good.However, they told me the exact same thing about oath...That system was down and could 'nt do final approval... They will send me a notice for my oath ceremony.Will keep you posted if I hear anything.

Thanks njceo.

It was a bummer actually. Now I will have to again take a day off and go for oath.

But I can wait for a few more weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks njceo.

It was a bummer actually. Now I will have to again take a day off and go for oath.

But I can wait for a few more weeks.
Hello Rizven & NJCEO:

First of all - congratulations! I am going to Mt. Laurel in two weeks for an interview. Just a few questions on the facility & logistics, if you don't mind.

1: How many people were present around the time you guys were there?
2: How expedient was the staff? Did they make you wait for hours or were they pretty much on time.
3: We have a 2-year old who is going to tag along with us. How were the facilities in general. Pleasant to entertain a 2-year old for a few hours?
4: Did they give you any indications early on as what time the oath would take place, before they found their computers were down?

Any other general comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

BombayChaPorga,

There were about 20 people.
Staff was very nice and very quick and must I add very thorough.
Can't advice you on your 2 year old. But I would take them with me.
No indications on the oath thing. But people before me were also told the same thing.

Anyone knows how long it takes between N-652 and the actual oath? Provided everything is OK.

i have the same problem of checking the staus. I have done FP but got the same error:
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

How do you guys check the status? could you shed some light? thanks a bunch

N-400 status check?

For those whose N-400 (Vermont Center) is pending, can you tell us if your case status is searchable at USCIS site? We posted the question and it's been very quiet.
Thanks a bunch

i have the same problem of checking the staus. I have done FP but got the same error:

How do you guys check the status? could you shed some light? thanks a bunch

Just relax guys! They have really slowed down in the past few months.

If you have been fingerprinted, you guys are in the "system". The online status shows nothing more than the initial status. I am going for my interview in next two weeks, and the online status is still the same from July of 2007. Would not place much value to that.

It is a pity because constantly updating the online status would cut down the # of phone calls to their center.

Has anyone received IL from the Newark DO of late? If so, what is the PD and FD of these folks? I haven't heard of any new interview calls from the Newark DO.

Have scheduled an infopass

I have scheduled an infopass appointment for the 29th Feb. Will post an update once I am done.

Thanks!

Case status

BombayChaPorga,
Thanks for the explanation. Hope you ace the interview. My case has been "not found" since day 1, as well as before and after the FP. I guess they haven't upload the receipt number in the system yet. It's going to be a long wait ....
Other folk whose PD in Jan08: Can you guys find out your case status?
Good luck and thanks.

Just relax guys! They have really slowed down in the past few months.

If you have been fingerprinted, you guys are in the "system". The online status shows nothing more than the initial status. I am going for my interview in next two weeks, and the online status is still the same from July of 2007. Would not place much value to that.

It is a pity because constantly updating the online status would cut down the # of phone calls to their center.

njceo,

What form were you given when you went for the interview? I was given N652. I called the 1-800 number and she said that I should wait atleast 90 days and N 652 does not means that you have been approved. There could be further pending approvals.

I am speechless right now. Please let me know as I am a little anxious.

nj4citizen,

Case status cannot retrieve the receipt #s yet. I understand from the forum posts that the #s will be available in the system only after the FP is done.

Thanks

All,
I had to reschedule my FP at Newark (originally scheduled for 2/8/08). I sent the letter on 1/23 requesting to reschedule. I haven't heard from them yet. My status does not comeup on the website (gives an error like the others discussed here). I was able to talk to someone from VSC over the phone, but they do not have any updates.

Should I request an Info Pass session?

BombayChaPorga,
Thanks for the explanation. Hope you ace the interview. My case has been "not found" since day 1, as well as before and after the FP. I guess they haven't upload the receipt number in the system yet. It's going to be a long wait ....
Other folk whose PD in Jan08: Can you guys find out your case status?
Good luck and thanks.

I could'nt find my case status online either. I called USCIS and I was told that they do not put N-400 status online anymore. Once the FP & Namecheck is cleared the application is sent directly to DO for Interview

------------------------------
CSC/San Francisco DO

Mailed: 10/23/07
PD: 10/25/07
FP: 1/2/08
FP & namecheck status: Cleared sometime in Jan'08 (I called USCIS)