Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

mals you have give details of your timeline then people from those date will reply

my time line is

N400- sent to vsc on june 13th
PD- june 15th
FP- july 20
i am waiting for interview letter

as i read in this thread some people in my time line already received the IL but i am still waiting...... what is your time line

Completed interview today, but decision could not be made for oath since the second A File has not arrived from Texas Svc Center.

Interview was as usual as others have posted earlier.
1. First Oath,
2. Review of N-400
3. Civics Questions
4. Letter provided saying decision cannot be made pending receipt + review of A File. The IO made a comment that dont worrry u will get the oath before the elections.(funny that he mentioned it)

Same for my wife. But they issued the congratulations letter saying approved. Then while waiting for scheduling the oath, they called her back and said that decision cannot be made pending receipt + review of A File.

Background: We have 2 A #'s based on 485 and the later change to consular processing. 485 was filed in TSC.

Wait continues for reciept of Oath Letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
more update and questions

I just signed on to update the status:
N-400 Package sent on Jan 5/2008 (Sat) by USPS
Package received on Jan 7/2008 (Mon)
Check cashed on Jan 10/2008 (Thu)
Waiting for FP notice
Will keep on updating
Good luck guys

more update:
FP letter rc'vd 1/22/08
FP date 2/9/08

2/9 is a Saturday - did anyone know if they really work on Saturday?
Also, my ESC* was not searchable at uscis.gov or by phone. Was it beause that the FP was not done yet?
Good luck and thanks

Update from VSC-Newark filer - FP Notice received. :)

Friends,
Today we both(myself and my wife) received FP notices from USCIS. Our appoinment is on 2/01/08. Our timeline is in the signature.

Thanks,
vscn400

Was extremely surprised to see a letter from USCIS in January! Turns out it is the INTERVIEW LETTER!!!

Interview schedule for March 1, 2008 (on a Saturday, too, without asking!) at Mount Laurel, NJ. Since we live in Mercer county, they moved our case over there. Am relieved that we will not be going to Newark. Probably the reason why our case moved forward. From PD to ID about 7.5 months - not bad, espcially for July 18th PD.

Now I will have to look for some experiences posted for Mount Laurel.

Congratulations

Congrats BombayChaPorga !!!

I wasn't aware that they have a field office in Mount Laurel in NJ. In fact I looked up the USCIS website and this office does not even show up in the drop down??

Anyway, this is very encouraging news that someone with July PD has recieved an IL. There is hope after all :)

Thanks, Rocky1

If you search the field office listing on the site and select NJ, you will see Mt. Laurel. They also list a bunch of counties in NJ that get routed to Mt. Laurel.

Upon further research I noticed that they call the office "Cherry Hill" even though the town is Mt. Laurel. That explains the mystery.

Any recent or upcoming Oaths in Newark?

Its been quiet for folks in Newark.
Any upcoming oaths or recent ones.

I was told that I am in queue for Oath Scheduling. Just trying to get an idea how many days,weeks,months it may take :).

Oath not on same day?

nsa1000,

I was told that the interview and oath happen on the same day at the Newark DO. Can you confirm if that is not the case.

Thanks!

Posting from ctzn07 from 9th Jan

nsa1000,

I was told that the interview and oath happen on the same day at the Newark DO. Can you confirm if that is not the case.

Thanks!

Finished Interview :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you read ctzn07's posting from Jan 9th, you will get an answer. NJ has oath ceremonies 3 times a day, so you should be all set if you pass your interview. Here is his posting, take a look at it:

Finished Interview :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I had my interview as well as the oath. Now a US citizen :)

Finally end of a long wait :)

Here are some points from my experience

1. Even if u reach on time.. u may be called after 2 hours... My interview was scheduled early morning.. but I was called after 2.5 hours.. Dont panic if ur name is not called

2. there are interviews on 13th and 15th floor.. check ur letter which floor is ur interview..

3. Keep a copy of the N400 if you can.. helps to make sure u are saying what u had submitted

4. Keep the copy of ur traffic ticket if u can.. My Officer had asked me

5. Sign with your full name when he asks you.. Do not underline after signing

6. There is lot of time.. so take some books for reading and also some snacks..

7. Oath is conducted 3 time a day in Newark at 11:15 , 1:15 and 4:15

8. Oath is conducted in the 15th floor

Just Got FP notice

Hi All,
I am new to citizenship queue. Now remember the old days from GC forum :)

our PD are Jan 22, 2008 and got the FP notice for Feb 15, 2008. I think its quite fast. Now Don't know how long it will take to get interview notice.

My appointment is at 8 AM and my husband's is at 9:00 AM at Newark. I wanted toknow if both of us can show up at 9:00 AM. Is there a number we can call to change the time? Because its very difficult to find care for kids before that time and I would hate to go alone early morning.

Thanks.

is the receipt number trackable?

Hi All,
I am new to citizenship queue. Now remember the old days from GC forum :)

our PD are Jan 22, 2008 and got the FP notice for Feb 15, 2008. I think its quite fast. Now Don't know how long it will take to get interview notice.

My appointment is at 8 AM and my husband's is at 9:00 AM at Newark. I wanted toknow if both of us can show up at 9:00 AM. Is there a number we can call to change the time? Because its very difficult to find care for kids before that time and I would hate to go alone early morning.

Thanks.

Sweetie,
Thanks for the update. My case is of similar timeline.
I have a question: Can you use your ESC* number to track the status?
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do
When I enter my case number in this website, it tells me:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

How about other folks whose cases are pending?
Thanks,

got my citizenship yesterday (02/06)

Completed my interview and oath at Newark. Very straight-forward process, so nothing to worry unless your case has some complications. They try to schedule oath on same day as interview at Newark in most cases according to officer.

PD 06/04/2007
NOA 06/15/2007
FP 07/11/2007
IL 11/22/2007
ID 02/06/2008
Approval & Oath: 02/06/2008

Received interview letter for the case applied at the end of july 2007.

Finally got the interview letter today.

Interview and Oath scheduled on the same day for both me and my wife on April 28th.

So Folks , Newark cases are moving faster than anticipated .. i am still thinking that i may have to wait at least 6 months based on what uscis said before .

Opened my mail box today and surprise i see letter from uscis. i signed up for notification email in their site ...no email before the letter ... any way that is the story......:cool:

Oops almost forgot , No change in the online case status too.

Here is my journey to citizenship.

05/30/2002 --- GC
07/25/2007 ---- N400 application sent via USPS next day air
07/26/2007 ---(application received by VSC)
10/26/2007 ---(Receipt mail date)(Have to call uscis for this and fp appointment at the same time)
11/17/2007 ----(FP scheduled at Newark) , Same time for me and my wife.
04/28/2007 ---(Interview and Oath Same day scheduled)

Not bad , Total of 9 months processing time ,considering the number of applications received. I will post more updates once i am done with the interview.

thanks
waitforcit

Finally got the interview letter today.

Interview and Oath scheduled on the same day for both me and my wife on April 28th.

So Folks , Newark cases are moving faster than anticipated .. i am still thinking that i may have to wait at least 6 months based on what uscis said before .

Opened my mail box today and surprise i see letter from uscis. i signed up for notification email in their site ...no email before the letter ... any way that is the story......:cool:

Oops almost forgot , No change in the online case status too.

Here is my journey to citizenship.

05/30/2002 --- GC
07/25/2007 ---- N400 application sent via USPS next day air
07/26/2007 ---(application received by VSC)
10/26/2007 ---(Receipt mail date)(Have to call uscis for this and fp appointment at the same time)
11/17/2007 ----(FP scheduled at Newark) , Same time for me and my wife.
04/28/2007 ---(Interview and Oath Same day scheduled)

Not bad , Total of 9 months processing time ,considering the number of applications received. I will post more updates once i am done with the interview.

thanks
waitforcit

Congratulations. We have similar timeline. I got my letter yesterday too. I am supposed to appear for interview and oath on April 15th. 9 AM. Looks like it's going to be long day.

I got it, too:)

I was so excited today after seeing emails from July applications.

Someone is checking my emails so he called me tonight to tell me I have the interview date for April 14. I applied in July 26.

I am so happy guys. I wish you the same feeling soon..

You got email notification for interview?

Hi,

nyarcher, congrats!

You mentioned somebody was checking your emails? did you get email notification abbout your interview?

Regards