My Information:
N-400 application
VSC
District Office- Newark
Received and Priority Date- August 27, 2007
Fingerprinting- Done at Hackensack Decmber 26, 2007
Cleared and sublitted to UCIS on the same day
I. L.- ??????

any possible reason why up to now, my case is not yet in their website case online status ??

Any Newark Do filers with PD in July 2007?

I have not seen any members on this forum who has PD in July 2007 and expecting interview at Newark?
The folks with PD at the end of June 2007 are interviewing in Februray 2008; and the folks from August are just doing their FP in December/January.
Where are the Newark DO people with July PD? and are they receiving IL?

Nursing a new born

I recently had a baby and am nursing him. I have the interview scheduled in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know
1) If I can take the baby with me to the interview? The baby does not have an interview (he is already an US citizen).
2) If I am not allowed to take the baby, I wish to express the milk. Am I allowed to take an electric pump? If so are there any electric outlets in the restroom etc. I can use?

If anyone is having their interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks, please do me a favor - Please check the restrooms to see if there are any electric outlets. Also observe if infants are present in the building/waiting area. Please post your observations here.

Thanks in advance.

I recently had a baby and am nursing him. I have the interview scheduled in a couple of weeks. Does anyone know
1) If I can take the baby with me to the interview? The baby does not have an interview (he is already an US citizen).
2) If I am not allowed to take the baby, I wish to express the milk. Am I allowed to take an electric pump? If so are there any electric outlets in the restroom etc. I can use?

If anyone is having their interview scheduled in the next 2 weeks, please do me a favor - Please check the restrooms to see if there are any electric outlets. Also observe if infants are present in the building/waiting area. Please post your observations here.

Thanks in advance.

Dont bother. Go there with the baby (dont knw about power outlet), i have seen that at my time of interview, they are very accommodative.

Is this normal for this timeline? Newark , NJ processed. (whats PD?)
thanks

Mailed to VSC --- 15th June 07
PD --- ?
FP Notice Received --- July 07
FP Appointment --- 28th Aug 07
IL Received --- ?
Interview Scheduled --- ?
Oath --- ?
Passport --- ?
hello everyone..
Received the Interview Letter today. Nice new year gift. Status as of now:

PD --- 29th June 07
IL Received --- 2nd Jan 2008
Interview Scheduled --- 8th March 2008
Oath Scheduled --- 8th March 2008
Passport --- ?

Hi:

This forum has been very helpful to me. Thanks everyone

Here are my dates.

PD: 13 July 2007
FP appointment date: 6 Sept 2007
IL: 2 Jan 2008
Interview appointment: 13 March

Hope this helps.

I apply on the same date i did not receive any letter so far

hello everyone..
Received the Interview Letter today. Nice new year gift. Status as of now:

PD --- 29th June 07
IL Received --- 2nd Jan 2008
Interview Scheduled --- 8th March 2008
Oath Scheduled --- 8th March 2008
Passport --- ?

////////////////////////////////
i applied on same date but no IL yet so i called the 1800 # they said the process take seven months i still have two weeks left i am not sure wheather i am stuck in name check or what ..... he told me to wait for month...... before to do any thing

JunefilerNJ,

I am also in the same boat and am sure there are many others. I am waiting eagerly for the letter to arrive.

waitingforins,

I will wait for 2 more days this week (Mail is delivered on Friday and Saturday). If the letter does not shows up, I am going to schedule an infopass.

Last edited by a moderator:
IL Received with PD 7/24/07 - Newark NJ - Set for 3/25

This in deed was a nice New Year Gift as we received the letters for me and my wife on Jan 2nd 2008.

Question - A same time is given for the interviews for me and my wife - could we take our daughter along with us for the appointment to Newark Office? She is 9 years old.. Has anyone done this in the past? Is this allowed/permitted? Pros/Cons? Good/bad ?

Also, the letter says that there is a book called 'Learn About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons'... Obviously, I should have picked it up when I went to the FP, I unfortunately forgot... Is ther another place from where I can obtain that to prepare for my Interview?

Thanks; for all waiting - wish you all good luck in this new year...

When I call the 1800 number, can I tell them that people who have filed after me are receiving their interview letters, based on the information they are posting on online forums and therefore, would like to know where I stand?

No use

Rizven,

I called 800 and told them that many people received their ILs and passed after my PD..to that their answer is "each case is different".(which is in a way true also because they may not have got stuck in name check process which may add a year or two in the process). so I dont think that will help.

You can schedule infopass and take appointment. (you will get appointment for after 2 weeks..earlierst is 14th Jan) if you get IL before that you may cancel the appt).

send letters to your senator(which will get you response in 60 to 90 business days). send letter to ombudsman (they forward the request to uscis which may send you a reply in 45 days).

after that one can only wait and hope because there is not a lot more than the above that you can do. I know this is not very encouraging information but thats what the reality is.(which I have already accepted:)

All the best

on the uscis.gov under processing times: it shows May 19 for n400. Some people got their IL so their local office is not Newark??

infopass expericence

Rizven,

I called 800 and told them that many people received their ILs and passed after my PD..to that their answer is "each case is different".(which is in a way true also because they may not have got stuck in name check process which may add a year or two in the process). so I dont think that will help.

You can schedule infopass and take appointment. (you will get appointment for after 2 weeks..earlierst is 14th Jan) if you get IL before that you may cancel the appt).

send letters to your senator(which will get you response in 60 to 90 business days). send letter to ombudsman (they forward the request to uscis which may send you a reply in 45 days).

after that one can only wait and hope because there is not a lot more than the above that you can do. I know this is not very encouraging information but thats what the reality is.(which I have already accepted:)

All the best
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

pd for my friend is 06/22/07
my friend has info pass today i.e. experience> she spoke to IO and he said she has to wait for 7 months as she asked if she is stuck in name check he said he dont have that information the only thing he said to wait ... as she told to IO that other people with same or after her PD got the interview letter the IO said its computer generated from vsc so there is nothing you can do about it as my friend she is going for nursing so she just passed fingerprint 3 weeks ago as its necessary for nursing know a days.......... so i think no one really know how the system works..........guess keep the finger cross and see what happen...........hopes for the best

RIZven I hope you are reading this to............. Please keep posted .... ... good luck to all of you and me too...lol....