Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

I am going to pick up the letter tonight. I can post it later what I got.

My finger print date was October 11.

So Newark is moving

NYArcher, AmIinTrouble, wiatforcit,

Thanks all for posting your updates.

This means that there is hope for Newark DO applicants !!!:D

NYArcher, AmIinTrouble, wiatforcit,

Thanks all for posting your updates.

This means that there is hope for Newark DO applicants !!!:D

Hang in there pal! Things are moving along.

With all the backlog and flood of applications, I had given up hope of getting anything before Aug-Sep. So this was a welcome surprise.

Things are moving if you are not stuck in namecheck

Hi Guys,

Things are moving along pretty well 8/9 months from date of application to oath ONLY for those who are not stuck in name check. so if you are not stuck in name check just give it some time. If unfortunately you are stuck in name check be prepared for a long and painful wait.

Good luck!

What's going on with TSC ??

I am looking at the postings from the applicants to TSC and a LOT of those applicants are receiving their Interview Letters in less that 2-3 weeks after their FP.

The most recent applicant completed his FP on 1/31/08 and has already recieved his IL letter.

If Name Check and Backgroung check for all Service Centers go to the same source then how is it possible that the TSC applicants are not experiencing the same delays ??? It just does not add up.:confused:

I think that it's not the name check that is delaying the applications, its just the workload of the local DOs.

Been thinking the same. Can only be the local workload. If they follow somewhat the same process in all the DO's, the stats otherwise just don't add up.

However, I found some reference that the NOA may take 12 to 18 weeks until it's entered - or better - it's generated.

In my case it was about 5 weeks - Thanksgiving was inbetween.

Next is the Check Cashed Date that seems to be all over the place.

Maybe because of those two - next to the possible Name Check - is where the dog is burried.

I am looking at the postings from the applicants to TSC and a LOT of those applicants are receiving their Interview Letters in less that 2-3 weeks after their FP.

The most recent applicant completed his FP on 1/31/08 and has already recieved his IL letter.

If Name Check and Backgroung check for all Service Centers go to the same source then how is it possible that the TSC applicants are not experiencing the same delays ??? It just does not add up.:confused:

I think that it's not the name check that is delaying the applications, its just the workload of the local DOs.
I still think the IL is dependent on DO since there are just as many examples of TSC applicants who have not received their IL more than 1 month after FP
has been completed.

Time between Interview and Oath

I believe it may be because the Interview and Oath occur on the same day in New Jersey.

In other states they have some time between the Interview and Oath so it is okay to not have the name check completed before the Interview is scheduled. In New Jersey since both formalities occur on the same day they need to have the name check completed before sending out the IL.

Anyways, let's keep our fingers crossed that none of us get stuck in the name check cycle :)

I am happy to say, I am a U.S. Citizen. Here is my experience.

Dear All,

I want to thank all of you as this forum was so helpful and resourceful in many ways. If anything, it helps you understand there are other people in the same situation and you don't think you are crazy for the endless worrying :)

I also want to thank all helpful people who shared/sharing/shares their experiences patiently.

Below you may find my experience. I hope it may help you. All I can say is that; get ready to clean your tears during the ceremony because it is a great feeling.

1- My interview was at 2 pm. I was there around 1:05 pm
2- I parked my card across the street. I paid $10.
3- By 1:20 pm I went through the security. They make you smile at that point. The security guy was smiling, making jokes and it really relaxed me. Because I was really excited.
4- They don't allow coffee in the waiting room. So only take soft drinks. I drank mine in the hall and throw it before I could go and sit at the waiting room.
5- You go to WINDOW 1 and you drop your letter in the box.
6- You go & start sitting.
7- In my case I waited until 4:10 PM. I was so worried...kept waiting, waiting, and waiting.
8- Finally , Mr. Someone called my name. I went inside. He was smiling, very talkative and trust me it was relaxing.
9- I applied with a lawyer but than chose to go alone as I didnt have any complications to my case. ( My lawyer advised.)
10- The officer wanted me to sign the waiver for the lawyer before we started.
11- I travel a lot for business. So he asked me why when he saw my in and out of the country. But of course I was never away more than 180 days and my longest trip was 60 days.
12- I explained him briefly. And he asked me what I do. And that was it.
13- He asked for my tax returns for the last 3 years. I had the copies, I gave it to him.
14- He wanted the photocopy of my green card. I didnt have it with me. He said it is OK. He took the photocopy himself. So it wasnt a problem. But maybe you want to take a photocopy.
15- He asked the history questions. All from the sample questions. He wanted me to write a sentence which I did.
16- He then filled out some paperwork. Told me to sign some places. And gave me 2 pieces of paper. One for you to keep ; shows that you passed the exam. And congratulateS you. And the other to fill out and to give with your green card while getting ready for the oath ceremony.
18- With your green card you give the second document. And they give you book. You continue waiting.
19- And then they call everyone who has books and there you go to the oath ceremony.
20- Take pictures and enjoy the moment of becoming a proud U.S. Citizen. I did and I am so happy.

I have to say; everyone at the office was smiling, happy and cooperative. Everyone congratulated us. I felt like I was so lucky to become one of them a U.S. Citizen. They had a warm welcoming on their face and they were so sincere .

My journey ends here as today I am a U.S. Citizen. I wish everyone to have a nice experience. Please dont worry. Have no fear. And just enjoy your day. You will never forget this day, I promise you.

PD: 06/8/2007
FP: 07/13/2007
IL: 12/10/2007
ID & OATH: 02/11/2008

tax returns

Congrats to you lefeye12.

I have a question about tax returns. Was it listed in your interview letter? I called IRS and the representative helped me through about these tax returns. She faxed me last four years tax information -10 pages- which shows 0 balance. Is that what u had taken to your interview?

Thanks.

Hi

I called IRS last year and wanted them to send me all of my tax transcripts starting from year 2002 . And they did. I think they can also fax it. But mine were tax transcripts mailed to me.
For 2006, 2007 I have them the turbotax filed tax returns that I printed out.

Oh and it was not listed in my interview letter. But thanks to this forum; I took everything. Even a PENCIL with me :)

Bummer ! My interview was scheduled for today at 9:40 am and I was there by 9am. There was freezing rain and a lot of people were waiting outside. We were told that there is no water and electricity in the building and they were closing it down. They'll send a rescheduled notice by mail in a week or two :-(

Sorry to hear that.

I was thinking about people who has interview today.

I know it sucks to wait again but hope it will come soon..

Passed Interview but no oath

Hi,

I had my interview today at Mt.Laurel Office. Everything went very smoothly. The IO was very thorough and went through everything.

He asked for some documents which I provided to him.
One was the tax transcripts and one was a ticket I got on the subway in NY.

Then he asked me to write a sentence and asked me 10 civic questions. Asked me to sign the N400 and also made me sign the photographs.

He said everything is on order and all your background checks and everything is fine.
He said congratulations but we will not be able to do interviews today as the computer server is down.

Then he gave me a N-652 with "Congratulations! You application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established youyr eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony."

Just wanted to find out if there is anyone else who was in Mt Laurel office and the interview was not done or anyone who had the interview done today. i.e 02/13/2008.

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

congrats rizven..need to wait

Hi Rizven,

If you got you are recommended for approval then you are through. You may need to wait for oath letter.

2 questions:
1. Did you see anyone else getting oath?
2. You mention that "they said interviews wont be done as server is down". But you were interviewed..that means did they say oath cannot be done today?

In any case you should not worry..I think in a few days you will get oath letter.

Relax and enjoy!

Regards

No, the oath ceremony room was locked. There were some others also who it seemed had passsed everything. To one lady the interviewer said "You are all set". But she did not wait for the oath. She was told that there would be no oath today.

Yes, thats what they said. That no oath but the interview officer said I should get a letter in 2 weeks time.