Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hi BobSmyth,

I got my letter from USCIS yesterday. They want me to come for a re-interview with the following:
1. Proof of My Kid's school documents for the last 2 yrs .
2. rent lease agrrement and prooof of payments. But I was staying with my relative.
3. Tax returns for 5 years

I dont have the first 2 .I have religiously filed my tax returns every year. I have Credit cards, cellphones, bank accounts in US and being paid in US by my employer etc. I had explained to the IO during my interview that my kid had to be put in a school temporarily in India because I had to travel extensively because of my job and it would affect her education.

I need some advice at the earliest to decide if I continue with this petition or withdraw.

Thanks
BK

Hi BobSmyth,

I got my letter from USCIS yesterday. They want me to come for a re-interview with the following:
1. Proof of My Kid's school documents for the last 2 yrs .
2. rent lease agrrement and prooof of payments. But I was staying with my relative.
3. Tax returns for 5 years

I dont have the first 2 .I have religiously filed my tax returns every year. I have Credit cards, cellphones, bank accounts in US and being paid in US by my employer etc. I had explained to the IO during my interview that my kid had to be put in a school temporarily in India because I had to travel extensively because of my job and it would affect her education.

I need some advice at the earliest to decide if I continue with this petition or withdraw.

Thanks
BK
Where was your wife living in the US while you were working overseas? Also, why was it not possible for your son to remain in school in US with your wife while you were out of country?

Where was your wife living in the US while you were working overseas? Also, why was it not possible for your son to remain in school in US with your wife while you were out of country?

She was travelling with me and stayed in India with my son. I took my family back to India and had them stay with me. I was literally staying in India more than stayting in US for the last 2 Years but not more than 180 days. My job demanded this trip and stay. My employer wanted me to set up the operations in India and come back. Due to that I had to stay for longer time in India than US. As I am at the verge of completing this task and coming back now to US in a month, I am planning to bring my family back with me.
Thanks
BK

I am in another thread too - N-400 Feb Tracker. Thought I should join this one too. Below is my timeline

Looks like NJ is slowing down a bit on processing. I sent my ap in Feb 2nd, and just got the FP notice for March 22nd. Looking at other folks in here the FP notice for NJ in the recent past has been with 10-15 days of NOA but starting this year seems to have slowed down a bit.

US Citizen

Became a proud US citizen today at Newark. My journey in US was for 14+ years. The N-400 was submitted in Nov 23, 2009 and culminated today.

The experience was very nice today and will update it shortly.

Thanks to the modertor, fellow bloggers, Rajiv K, for this wonderful support group.

Arjun

She was travelling with me and stayed in India with my son. I took my family back to India and had them stay with me. I was literally staying in India more than stayting in US for the last 2 Years but not more than 180 days. My job demanded this trip and stay. My employer wanted me to set up the operations in India and come back. Due to that I had to stay for longer time in India than US. As I am at the verge of completing this task and coming back now to US in a month, I am planning to bring my family back with me.
Thanks
BK
The fact that your wife and child stayed and lived with you in India is a very strong indication that you broke continuous residency. Also, the fact that USCIS is requesting your son's schooling records and your US rental records is an indication that they believe you broke continuous residency. Without providing them the requested information you could pretty much consider your case denied.

The fact that your wife and child stayed and lived with you in India is a very strong indication that you broke continuous residency. Also, the fact that USCIS is requesting your son's schooling records and your US rental records is an indication that they believe you broke continuous residency. Without providing them the requested information you could pretty much consider your case denied.

Thanks BobSmyth ! By denying, would they revoke my GC and would that impact my future petition.?

Thanks
Bharani

yellow papaer

I just got my yellow paper asking me to take only my state ID with me to the interview. Is this really what they want to bring or should I take some thing else with me?

My wife N400 approved and mine is pending decision

Hi all,

I and my wife went for interview today at Newark, NJ. My wife was called first and everything went smooth and in fact she finished her oath same day today.

We both were asked same question.

1. After President and Vice President, who can act as president
2. Senator term.
3. # of judges in the Supreme court
4. What does the declaration of independence do
5. What does the cabinet do
6. Name one part of Government

Everything went well so far.

For my interview, he verified the my Passport, Green card and my birth certificate (I do not remember submitting the birth certificate along with N400)

Then he realized my name issue which is my passport has "xxxx yyyy lastname" and my GC has "yyyy xxxx lastname".
Then I was trying to convince him and finally said I would like to retain my Passport name. For that he agreed and got my signature and
finally said you cleared interview and a decision is pending with my application we will communicate with you about the decision.
He did not give any clarification on why is it pending. I jut assumed it's with my name and came out.

Should I be concerned of anything at this stage?

Thanks for taking time to read it and any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated FP

1/27/2020 Sent N400 to Lewisville TX.
1/28/2010 N400 Forwarded to Dallas
1/29/2010 N400 Received in Dallas.
2/4/2010 Application receipt email and text @ 7.12 AM
2/6/2010 NOA Received. PD 2/2/2010 , Cheque Cashed on 4th Feb
2/19/2010 Email/txt received @ 4.46 AM - RFE (Says mailed on 2/17/2010)
2/22/2010 Got the FP Letter by mail and PD changed to 1/29/2010
3/11/2010 FP Complete as scheduled

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading many posts where during the time of the interview, candidate's A# file was not available. Just curious to know if this has anything to do with CP processing of the GC. Any comments?