Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Meaning? She's not really your wife? :rolleyes:

Hi BobSmyth,
What I meant was that her travel was didnt excatly match mine but almost close. Infact my out of the country days is less than hers. I was travelling more than her back to US. The reason I didn't go for N470 is because I was confident of my job being short duration but it prolonged for 2 years and I made sure that I enetrered the country every 6 months (few times ). Further, my employer is US based and I was paid in US and filed my returns every year and showed them to the IO as well.
Thanks
BK

Last edited by a moderator:
io denial

BK,

can you provide the exact dates/days and times you were out? that may give some clue. I had 6 trips in 5 years each 30 days duration

BK,

can you provide the exact dates/days and times you were out? that may give some clue. I had 6 trips in 5 years each 30 days duration

I had 22 trips and total time out of US about 530 days in 5 years after GC. Your case is absolutely no problem according to me.

io denial

I had 22 trips and total time out of US about 530 days in 5 years after GC. Your case is absolutely no problem according to me.

thanks...

in your case, if the trips are genuine and if you have a letter etc., from your company stating the nature of your job that should satisfy the IO.

I think they should be able to separate legitimate travel from travels that Raosaab was having problems with. His case was much more complicated with his wife etc.

I had about 30 odd trips ranging from 3/4 weeks to 3 days. My interview was incident free also. Wait to see what evidence they ask you and then provide the evidence. Get ready to appeal if they do deny you. You have grounds to prove that you were resident of the US. If not, they should return you all the resident taxes you have paid since you became a Permanent resident.

I had about 30 odd trips ranging from 3/4 weeks to 3 days. My interview was incident free also. Wait to see what evidence they ask you and then provide the evidence. Get ready to appeal if they do deny you. You have grounds to prove that you were resident of the US. If not, they should return you all the resident taxes you have paid since you became a Permanent resident.

Hi Vip1r,

I beleive it depends on the IO also. I got unlucky. Anyways, do you know if they could revoke my GC if my case is denied? Also , the refund of taxes could be claimed even if they deny my 400 or cancel my GC ?

Thanks
BK

... if the trips are genuine and if you have a letter etc., from your company stating the nature of your job that should satisfy the IO.
Proving continuous residency goes beyond showing a letter from the US employer. If you work and live in a foreign country for a US company but don't maintain a primary abode in the US, a letter from your employer is not sufficient to show residency ties.

Hi BobSmyth,
What I meant was that her travel was didnt excatly match mine but almost close. Infact my out of the country days is less than hers. I was travelling more than her back to US. The reason I didn't go for N470 is because I was confident of my job being short duration but it prolonged for 2 years and I made sure that I enetrered the country every 6 months (few times ). Further, my employer is US based and I was paid in US and filed my returns every year and showed them to the IO as well.
Thanks
BK
Back to back trips under 6 months as well as working in a foreign country are a red flag when it comes to establishing continuous residency.
Did your wife have any trips over 6 months?

Back to back trips under 6 months as well as working in a foreign country are a red flag when it comes to establishing continuous residency.
Did your wife have any trips over 6 months?

Hi BobSmyth ,

No, She didn't. However I was claiming that I had to travel to the other country as a part of my job in the US and not to work in the other country. Both are different. Please advice.
BK

NJ: Does walk in finger printing in NJ help expedite citizenship

Hi All:

Just wondering, if I were to walk in and was successful in getting the finger printing done earlier than the official date does it help expedite the citizenship process by much?? I was told that I could take in an itinerary showing that I will be out of the country and get it done sooner. I have some flexibility in travel but would like to know?

TIA!

Not really!...i did not expedite the process...the timeline may be a week here and there...thats is about it...i was following my citizenship process with few others and they have done early FP.. but our final date did not change that time ....just my thought.

Newark - Finger printing today.

Wow! Was very close to the finger printing office in Elizabeth, so thought I would just swing by and see if I could get prints done. Oh my god! Waiting at reception was the nastiest woman I have met!! Rude as could be. There were only about 15 people there. This wretch then snarled at a man with his young son who got into the wrong lane while trying to exit the office after finishing his official business. I guess just sitting on her fat @rse all day must be stressful.

In anycase now I know where the office is so can swing by on my appointment date or get the itinerary for my trip and try again if I am close by AND if there is someone else "man" handling the front desk!! :p

anybody walk to Newark office from train station? how long before appointment should you be there?
A

Did not walk, but is totally walkable. I would not get there more that 30 minutes in advance. Since getting there earlier seems not to have any advantages.