Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Thinking of going in on Friday(day after thanksgiving) for FP to Elizabeth for walk in. What time do you guys think is best to try. How long does it take?

Did Walk in FP. In and out in 20 minutes. Very efficient and quick (Huge improvement from 5 years ago in the old Newark ASC). Hopefully the whole process is as smooth.

The wait for the interview begins.

You are not going to believe this, I had my interview a week ago on the 23rd,
and I passed the interview but I did not get my citizenship and you wonder why huh?
Well my application was received on the 91st day before the 3rd year anniversary so my application got delayed, so I should get a decision in the mail in the next 90 days, wow ONE day.... so just a friendly reminder do not send your application before the 90th day comes around. So my question is, is there anybody out there with a situation like mine, Please if someone could shed some light on this
I would appreciate, Thank you.

You are not going to believe this, I had my interview a week ago on the 23rd,
and I passed the interview but I did not get my citizenship and you wonder why huh?
Well my application was received on the 91st day before the 3rd year anniversary so my application got delayed, so I should get a decision in the mail in the next 90 days, wow ONE day.... so just a friendly reminder do not send your application before the 90th day comes around. So my question is, is there anybody out there with a situation like mine, Please if someone could shed some light on this
I would appreciate, Thank you.

Thats the rule and mostly everyone knows it. So you will be asked you to reapply again. They take these rules very strictly or people will start to apply 92 days or 100 days before they are eligible to apply. I suggest everyone to apply 70 days before.

Looks like the latest is couple of folks who done FP on Oct 13 got the status changed and received YL/IL Does any one done FP after 13th received YL or status changed ?

One question, does the YL has the interview date ?. I am waiting to get some timing so I can plan my Travel, looks like it is a moving target ….

Yes I did - I did my FP on Oct 18 and I received my YL almost two weeks ago. My LUD didn't change and I have not received my I'll yet, but I am praying on receiving it soon

Looks like the latest is couple of folks who done FP on Oct 13 got the status changed and received YL/IL Does any one done FP after 13th received YL or status changed ?

One question,
does the YL has the interview date ?.
-------------------NO
I am waiting to get some timing so I can plan my Travel, looks like it is a moving target ….
-----------

Denial for one stinking day?
oh my god, are you serious?
so I have to do the aplication all over again, even though they let me take the citizenship test and took all my documents all the papers,
I dont get it, why do the interview why not just send me home.
The officer said that maybe i'll get a letter to come and do the oath and pick up my citizenship because its only one day. He also gave me a letter address to him in case something does not work out, he will try to help me if my application gets denied.
so as of now I am preparing for my application to get dropped, I lost hope, so if it gets approved i'll be a surprise. But what are you going to do, its my fault i sent the application too soon .
I guess its my luck.

Have not seen any Jan dates for interview yet. Seems to be a wide range between Late Sep to Mid Oct who are getting scheduled for Dec. Seems like Oct-Nov people are likely to be scheduled for Jan end. Do other people agree with my wildly optimistic predictions? Need to schedule a weeks business trip to Far east and seems like early jan might be safe.

Have not seen any Jan dates for interview yet. Seems to be a wide range between Late Sep to Mid Oct who are getting scheduled for Dec. Seems like Oct-Nov people are likely to be scheduled for Jan end. Do other people agree with my wildly optimistic predictions? Need to schedule a weeks business trip to Far east and seems like early jan might be safe.

Even if they send you an interview, its 5 weeks from the letter date. So you are good until end of January in my opinion.

Received Yellow Letter

Looks like I am gettign close to the YL line.....

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

we are on track ..

still no change in the website...hope that happens this week and get IL before the 15th december....

Looks like I am gettign close to the YL line.....

09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

Yes, we applied together and did FP same day same time. But mine got hung up before moving to the interview stage. I am bummed that I can't do the interview with my spouse :-(
Don't know if they would accommodate a request to interview us together.

Yes, we applied together and did FP same day same time. But mine got hung up before moving to the interview stage. I am bummed that I can't do the interview with my spouse :-(

Don't know if they would accommodate a request to interview us together.
--------------Local USCIS will not accommodate a request to interview both of you together.

Your spouse will attend his interview on his date and you should attend on your ID.

Good Luck!!

Current Status Update

09/16/09 N-400 Sent
09/17/09 N-400 Received
09/18/09 Notice of Action
09/23/09 Check cashed
09/24/09 Email/online status changed to "Request for Evidence" - Finger Print Letter
09/24/09 Notice of Action letter received at home
09/28/09 FP Notice letter received at home
10/15/09 FP Date Scheduled (Completed)
11/19/09 Yellow Letter received for state issued id
12/03/09 Email/online status changed to "Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview"

Yankees thanks for posting your update. I filed my N400 five days after you filed yours so I am hoping that my IL is almost on its way to my mailbox. Don't forget to post your interview date.