Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Thank you ginnu for your help to creating post for my experince. As you can see from my experince, Newark DO is one of the best. Good luck to everyone.

received NOA. Expecting FP notice next week. And hopefully finish FP by month end. Would love to enter new year as citizen :)

DO: Newark, NJ
09/12/2009: N-400 application sent((Lewisville TX))
09/22/2009: FP notice date
10/01/2009: FP notice received
10/13/2009: FP Done
11/16/2009 : Online update"Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."
**/**/***: Interview Notice date.
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/**: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath complete

No Yallow letter recieved.

Do the NBC send Interview date letter or the Local office Newark is going to send the Interview letter after the file reach Newark office?

Last edited by a moderator:
did your Case transfer to local office in 3 days after FP has been completed...
that seems very quick..

09/12/2009: N-400 application sent((Lewisville TX))
09/22/2009: FP notice date
10/01/2009: FP notice received
10/13/2009: FP Done
10/16/2009 : Online update"Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."
**/**/***: Interview Notice date.
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/**: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath complete

No Yallow letter recieved.

Do the NBC send Interview date letter or the Local office Newark is going to send the Interview letter after the file reach Newark office?

Status Update

Some progress - I'll take it - waiting for the interview letter with date next. Hopefully that should be coming very soon.

Newark D/O
09/16/09 N-400 Sent
09/17/09 N-400 Received
09/23/09 Check cashed
09/24/09 Email/online status changed to "Request for Evidence" - Finger Print Letter
09/24/09 Notice of Action letter received at home
09/28/09 FP Notice letter received at home
10/15/09 FP Date Scheduled (Completed)
11/19/09 Yellow Letter received for state issued id

There has not been any movements recently in the Newark DO. Wonder what is happening. It is almost a week since my spouse got the "Sent to DO for interview" email.
Mine is at a standstill, stuck @ RFE status.

:-((

There has not been any movements recently in the Newark DO. Wonder what is happening. It is almost a week since my spouse got the "Sent to DO for interview" email.
Mine is at a standstill, stuck @ RFE status.

:-((

did your spouse get the interview letter after that status update?

Nope. Still waiting for his IL and my status change and IL. Hope they don't mess it up and schedule us on diff dates.

Nope. Still waiting for his IL and my status change and IL. Hope they don't mess it up and schedule us on diff dates.

If you look a the thread 4 persons did FP on October 13 and few got email "Sent to DO for interview" and I got Online update” Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled." I have not received Yellow letter. If the Local DO Newark has to generate the Interview letter then I think the files may have not reached Newark or they may have not opened File box from NBC or it can be due to Christmas holydays and few of Newark officer may go for vacations and the delay for interview notice as the interview notice is sent about 30-40 days advance of Interview Date. I still don’t know if NBC sends Interview Notice or Newark Local office is going to send Interview date letter.

Hope they don't mess it up and schedule us on diff dates.

If you and your spouse sent N400 same day in same envelope then normally get fingerprint same day and interview notice same day and interview date is same day. If one was derivative and other was primary for GC then they have to separate the A-file for each A# and in few cases I read the interview was on different dates.

If you and your spouse sent N400 same day in same envelope then normally get fingerprint same day and interview notice same day and interview date is same day. If one was derivative and other was primary for GC then they have to separate the A-file for each A# and in few cases I read the interview was on different dates.

Doesnt every alien have an A file and an A number? Nothing to do with derivative or stuff like that?

Doesnt every alien have an A file and an A number?
-----------------Yes every alien has A# but when dervitative I-485 is filed it is in the file of Primary I-485 file. They approve the derivative I-485 when primary I-485 is approved and then the file after production of Cards is sent to storage. They have to separate the A files for for each for N400 Interview.Husband interview may be conducted by officer D 9-30 AM (officer D will need husband A-file) wife Interview may be conducted by officer E 945AM and officer will need wife A-file.
Nothing to do with derivative or stuff like that?
-----------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnu, Thanks for the clarification. Mine was a derivative GC and I guess that could be it - Even though our FPs were on the same date, same time. Let's see.

Ginnu, Thanks for the clarification. Mine was a derivative GC and I guess that could be it - Even though our FPs were on the same date, same time. Let's see.
It could be and it could be not for the delay. I think the files from NBC are sent in box and each box may be having many files then the local office gets the file boxes and then somebody at local office has to take out the files from the boxes and then send Interview notice according to availability of officers in local DO. I read in past that file transfer from one service center to other service center can take 10-15 days. NBC may just update when the file is placed for transfer and I have seen that on NBC Receipt notice and NBC FP notice the date they printed is different and the day the mail sent date is different (you can check the date of posting on Envelope).
** Still the mystery remains why few get Interview date letter after 3-4 days after they see the USCIS update “file sent for interview” Or” file transferred to local office and your interview will be schedule”

Recieved the Interview date notice and Interview is on Dec 22

12 September2009: N400 Mailed to TSC (priority mail)
14 September 2009: N400 Recd
18 September 2009: Check Cashed
17 September 2009 : NOA Date
17 September 2009 :pD
21 September :NOA recieved
29 september: Recd FP notice
13 October : FP Done
14 November: online status changed" Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."

XXXX: Received Yellow letter asking for DL
November 20: received Interview letter
December 22: Interview date

Recieved the Interview date notice and Interview is on Dec 22

12 September2009: N400 Mailed to TSC (priority mail)
14 September 2009: N400 Recd
18 September 2009: Check Cashed
17 September 2009 : NOA Date
17 September 2009 :pD
21 September :NOA recieved
29 september: Recd FP notice
13 October : FP Done
14 November: online status changed" Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled."

XXXX: Received Yellow letter asking for DL
November 20: received Interview letter
December 22: Interview date

Nice shikha. I am hoping my interview is before xmas too!

Just to inform that the interview letter is sent by NBC and they have posted the letter on November 17 and out side the envelope the Stamp is of November 17 and letter is sent from Zip 64063. I hope that NJGirl75, Saathia and Newark will get Interview letter today or tomorrow as we all have FP date 13 October.

Hi Folks,
I have also received my Interview letter in todays mail and the letter was dispatched/mailed on Nov 16 and received today Nov 20 and letter is sent from Lee's Summit MO Zip 64002

My Inteview date is Dec 22 and I will finish my 5Yr on Dec 8, so far the Naturalization process is moving as per the plan. Thanks everyone who has contributed beofre and the site moderators.

See my updated time line.