Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Got yellow letter for the self on 10/05/09. Says applicant should bring driver's license at time of interview with the yellow letter. USCIS site still says RFE on Aug 11th for self and spouse.

Thanks for the reply. We sent N400 on the same day. we did the FP on the same day too.
But my wife got a second FP 2 weeks after we did the first one.

If your wife fingerprints were unclassifiable or rejected by FBI then she should massage her hands with Hand cream and fingertips 3-4 times a day for 6-7 days before she again goes for fingerprints OR request the fingerprint technician to take her fingerprints on FBI card.

If your wife fingerprints were unclassifiable or rejected by FBI then she should massage her hands with Hand cream and fingertips 3-4 times a day for 6-7 days before she again goes for fingerprints OR request the fingerprint technician to take her fingerprints on FBI card.

Thanks for the reply. But the second time it was fine.

Thanks for the reply. But the second time it was fine.
If you post your time it will help others.
N400 sent...
NOA received...
Fingerprint letter received...
Fingerprinting done.........
Yellow letter....
Interview letter received..
Interview date.....

Wife interview date after second fingerprints....

Updated Signature

09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD(Lewisville TX)
10/01/2009: Priority Date
10/01/2009: Notice date
10/01/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Another pardesi here.

08/10/2009: N-400 application sent
08/13/2009: RD(Lewisville TX)
08/14/2009: Priority Date
08/14/2009: Notice date
09/08/2009: FP Done

If you post your time it will help others.
N400 sent...
NOA received...
Fingerprint letter received...
Fingerprinting done.........
Yellow letter....
Interview letter received..
Interview date.....

Wife interview date after second fingerprints....
Ginnu, I was putting that info in the previous post. I forgot to add it .
Below is my info.
04/24/2009: ND
04/27/2009: RD
05/24/2009:FP reschedule requested.
06/06/2009: FP date ( missed due to vacation)
08/04/2009: Yellow Letter Received.
08/07/2009: Walk in FP completed at Elizebeth,NJ
08/14/2009: received FP for 9/1/09 for my wife.
I think received ID letter around 1 week of september.
10/13/2009: ID for both.

Ginnu, I was putting that info in the previous post. I forgot to add it .
Below is my info.
04/24/2009: ND
04/27/2009: RD
05/24/2009:FP reschedule requested.
06/06/2009: FP date ( missed due to vacation)
08/04/2009: Yellow Letter Received.
08/07/2009: Walk in FP completed at Elizebeth,NJ
08/14/2009: received FP for 9/1/09 for my wife.
I think received ID letter around 1 week of september.
10/13/2009: ID for both.

It means your Interview date is 66-69 days after you did Fingerprints.
That is the average time of about 2 months to get Interview date after Fingerprints for Newark DO.

Congratulations psmith. You are the first of August 2009 with DO NJ Newark filers who got the Yellow letter. Any one else?

Hi, I got yellow letter too 3 days back. May be on Oct 2nd 2009. Here is my timeline. However my case is little bit complex. I am in India for last 1 year.
However, travelled to USA every 5 months. Working for USA company from Mumbai. Moved here as EXPAT for 18months contract. Planning to move back to USA in 3months time. Here is my timeline. Total no of days outside USA in last 5 yrs is 430 days....

longest peiorod outside USA :
In India from Oct 1st 2008 to Jan 28th 2009
In India, from Feb 10th to July 29th, 2009.

DO: Newark, NJ
8/04/09 : N400 Mailed by USPS Priority Mail
8/05/09 : Priority Date/Receipt Date
8/12/09 : Check cashed
8/16/09 : FP notice received
8/27/09 : FP Done
10/02/09 : Yellow letter received - Bring NJ State ID card...not sure why they want that....may be they want to check my address...in the application, I have provided my friends address...I do not have any address as am not stayig in USA...Once I move in 3months , I will take apartment for rent...

As of today: Status still shows On August 12th, we have mailed....."...

Waiting for interview letter....

I am not sue whether they will deny my citizenship ....

Never received letter for additional Evidence, but website says they mailed a notice

I never got a letter to send additional evidence, just the letter for the FP date, which was Sep 10th, I did my fingerprints on the schedualed date, and now when I login to the website i see this :
<--------------------
Request for Evidence
On August 24, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
-------------->

Should I call and ask them to resend the letter for the additional evidence?
Is the additional evidence the FP??? maybe?

I've received an additional evidence when my case was transfered from VT to CA, and I sent everything and I got approved for the permanent GC,
should I be worried?

I never got a letter to send additional evidence, just the letter for the FP date, which was Sep 10th, I did my fingerprints on the schedualed date, and now when I login to the website i see this :
<--------------------
Request for Evidence
On August 24, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
-------------->

Should I call and ask them to resend the letter for the additional evidence?

Is the additional evidence the FP??? maybe?
--------------Yes you may get PF letter in 5-7 days.
I've received an additional evidence when my case was transfered from VT to CA, and I sent everything and I got approved for the permanent GC,
should I be worried?

----------------

Hurray!!!

Interview completed today @ Newark, NJ and US Citizenship was granted. I will post detail update tomorrow.

Good to see you guys

Good to see some of the old guys in the same forum. Now I am back and trying to file 90 days before the 5 years. Please provide your experiences if have any while I search for those in this forum

Updated Signature
09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD (Lewisville TX)
10/01/2009: ND/PD
10/01/2009: Check cashed
10/06/2009: Notice received
10/07/2009: Status Changed to RFE (Apparently FP Notice)
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done

Got Email today (10/08/09). that "Case Transferred to Local Office for Standard Interview" for self and spouse.

Friends,

I have sent N-400 on 9/21/09 and received by USCIS 9/22 but haven't got recept Notice yet, check not deposited yet.

any idea why it will take longer then other people?

I received a second fingerprinting notice during the N-400 process in the mail and will go, of course. Does anybody know what this could be about?

Walk-in FP Question

I just saw my online status today stating that I have an RFE on my N-400, however some helpful folks here stated that that was the finger printing notices.

My question is that the FP date is usually within two weeks of the FP notice date. Unfortunately, I'm travelling that week and I'm afraid that the FP date would be on the date that I'm out of state.

I've been reading about walk-in FP.
Can this be done @ Elizabeth NJ ?

Does this mean that even though I have a set date for FP,
I can still walk-in and get the FP done ?

If the walk-in is not possible, can I re-schedule the FP ? I believe this is not advisable since the next FP date that they give you can be way out ?

Any response appreciated.

Timeline
Application mailed: Sept. 19th
Notice date: Sept. 27th