Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

interview on 14th floor?

does anyone know what's there on 14th floor? looks like everyone's getting appointment for 15th floor. mine says 14th...:confused:

does anyone know what's there on 14th floor? looks like everyone's getting appointment for 15th floor. mine says 14th...:confused:

Recently many are getting Interview notice to go on 14th floor. Somebody informed that on 14th floor only 2-3 officers conduct interview and on 14th floor less people and on 15th floor are more persons for Interview and more officers.

Good Luck!!

Recently many are getting Interview notice to go on 14th floor. Somebody informed that on 14th floor only 2-3 officers conduct interview and on 14th floor less people and on 15th floor are more persons for Interview and more officers.

Good Luck!!

thank you ginnu!

you made me feel better...

and good luck to everyone as well!

Started my Citizenship Process

09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD and PD (Lewisville TX)
**/**/***: Notice date
**/**/***: Check cashed
**/**/***: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

i thought i just share my experience i passed the test and became citizen on september 23rd.

My interview was schledule for 8:50 i was called at 9.30 i was out at 9:35.

Procces:

Asked general question: name, last name, marital staus, age ,DOB, do i want to change the name No, ok ok ok ok sign here here and here, write down:

Lincoln was the president during civil war. OK

are you ready for civic test, YES.

1 GOOD
2 GOOD
3 GOOD
4 GOOD
5 GOOD
6 GOOD

Don't remeber the question easy though if you learn them.

Congratulations..... i was like that's it Yes your done....... follow me and wait to call your name for the oath. Done.

i was stresing so much for nothing...... and the oath was very nice great feeling.

good luck to all of you thank you all.

take care

Process Timings

If you could give us the process timings it would help us all.

i thought i just share my experience i passed the test and became citizen on september 23rd.

My interview was schledule for 8:50 i was called at 9.30 i was out at 9:35.

Procces:

Asked general question: name, last name, marital staus, age ,DOB, do i want to change the name No, ok ok ok ok sign here here and here, write down:

Lincoln was the president during civil war. OK

are you ready for civic test, YES.

1 GOOD
2 GOOD
3 GOOD
4 GOOD
5 GOOD
6 GOOD

Don't remeber the question easy though if you learn them.

Congratulations..... i was like that's it Yes your done....... follow me and wait to call your name for the oath. Done.

i was stresing so much for nothing...... and the oath was very nice great feeling.

good luck to all of you thank you all.

take care

Updated Signature

09/25/2009: N-400 application sent
09/30/2009: RD and PD (Lewisville TX)
**/**/***: Notice date
10/02/2009: Check cashed
**/**/***: Notice received
**/**/***: FP notice date
**/**/***: FP notice received
**/**/***: FP Done
**/**/***: Interview Notice date
**/**/***: Interview Notice received
**/**/***: Yellow Notice received
**/**/***: Interview date
**/**/***: Oath completed

Yellow Letter received for Spouse

Got yellow letter for the spouse on 10/02/09. Says applicant should bring driver's license at time of interview with the yellow letter. No word yet for me. USCIS site still says RFE on Aug 11th for both. Wonder why some people get the request for driver's license while others don't. Usually Driver's license is a method to prove identity but a passport could do it in the case of naturalization. Maybe it is a proof of address? What info does the DL provide that any other form of id does not provide?

Congratulations psmith. You are the first of August 2009 with DO NJ Newark filers who got the Yellow letter. Any one else?

I have a interview scheduled for 10/13 at 1.40 PM, both I and my wife have at the same time. I have to bring my 14 month child with me. Do they allow one at a time to attend the interview? Any one had gone thru similar situation?

I have a interview scheduled for 10/13 at 1.40 PM, both I and my wife have at the same time. I have to bring my 14 month child with me. Do they allow one at a time to attend the interview? Any one had gone thru similar situation?
I know about a lady who had I-485 interview at local USCIS office Newark and she was allowed with 12 or13 months baby. I don’t know if they allow children for N400 Interview. If you search the past thread then you can read a posting the he saw many children at 15th floor when he went for his US citizenship interview.
did you both sent N400 same day? same day FP?
Good luck!!

I know about a lady who had I-485 interview at local USCIS office Newark and she was allowed with 12 or13 months baby. I don’t know if they allow children for N400 Interview. If you search the past thread then you can read a posting the he saw many children at 15th floor when he went for his US citizenship interview.
did you both sent N400 same day? same day FP?
Good luck!!

Thanks for the reply. We sent N400 on the same day. we did the FP on the same day too. But my wife got a second FP 2 weeks after we did the first one.

Question about the DL, my DL is out of state, I have not been able to find a Motorcylce so I can pass the driving test, I have a motorcycle license and when I tried to change it to NJ, they informed me to bring a motorcycle and take the driving test and they will switch me over. anyway my DL is still VA when I went to school, but my permanent address is NJ,
so far I have not used my DL as any proof of address or ID, just my GC and passport,
should I change my drivers license before the interview??? will I have any problems if I show my VA driver's license? Thank you in advance sorry for the long post.

oh and I did my fingerpritns on 9/10/09 for my passport, still waiting on my interview date,
I received the notice 8/26/09 for my FP
interview date ?/?/09 I hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the DL, my DL is out of state, I have not been able to find a Motorcylce so I can pass the driving test, I have a motorcycle license and when I tried to change it to NJ, they informed me to bring a motorcycle and take the driving test and they will switch me over. anyway my DL is still VA when I went to school, but my permanent address is NJ,
so far I have not used my DL as any proof of address or ID, just my GC and passport,
should I change my drivers license before the interview??? will I have any problems if I show my VA driver's license? Thank you in advance sorry for the long post.

oh and I did my fingerpritns on 9/10/09 for my passport,
---------------Fingerprints for passport???
still waiting on my interview date,
I received the notice 8/26/09 for my FP
interview date ?/?/09 I hope.
if your DO is NJ then get NJ DL.