Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Fingerprint APT reschedule at Newark
i have my fingerprinting scheduled for July 15. I am got this notice in the middle of my overseas vacation and plan to reschedule. Can you please let me know any experiences. Thanks

Fingerprint APT reschedule at Newark
i have my fingerprinting scheduled for July 15. I am got this notice in the middle of my overseas vacation and plan to reschedule. Can you please let me know any experiences. Thanks

Do a walk-in if you can go before the appointment date. If you cannot do a walk-in before the appointment date, you need to reschedule.

Got Interview Letter.

6/29/09 - Interview Notice data
09/25/09 at 9:00 AM - same time for me and wife.

NJ : you mentioned following dates - I am wondering what Yellow notice date?

07/06/2009: Interview Notice received
07/10/2009: Yellow Notice received
09/21/2009: Interview date (Monday) @ 10am

creddykrishna, when did you recieved the interview letter.

My FP was done on 6/12 and still waiting....

Thanks

I have same time frame as yours. Except I did my FP earlier on 06/18/09. I am wondering that will make any difference. When do you think we should receive IL? Thanks

Hi, A****t19/RDAug2002

I also have the same time frame, hope fully, we all will be getting Interview on the same date too

06/02/09 : N-400 Mailed
06/03/09 : USPS mail delivered
06/08/09 : Check cashed
06/11/09 : NOA Received.
06/15/09 : FP Notice Received.
07/07/09 : FP done.

HI NJ - I Received interview letter on 07-06-09

I am sure you are going to get your's in a week. BTW what is Yellow letter? is that is different from Interview letter?

I am sure you are going to get your's in a week. BTW what is Yellow letter? is that is different from Interview letter?

Yes, a yellow letter is different than an interview letter. The Yellow letter is called a Case File Review letter and it is a standard template that tells you what documents to bring to the interview based on review of your file. It is not always accurate so it is best to be overprepared and bring as many documents as possible and not rely on the yellow letter.

A question for Vdostoi.

I noticed that you mention that you went in for a walk in FP instead of your appointment date. I have a similar problem, I have a FP date of 7/28 - but I have to go to India (surgery for parent - cant be rescheduled) - I want to do the same thing at Newark.. I was hoping to get some insight from you as to what was your experience doing an walk in FP.

Thanks in Advance!!

I noticed that you mention that you went in for a walk in FP instead of your appointment date. I have a similar problem, I have a FP date of 7/28 - but I have to go to India (surgery for parent - cant be rescheduled) - I want to do the same thing at Newark.. I was hoping to get some insight from you as to what was your experience doing an walk in FP.

Thanks in Advance!!

I did my walk in at Elizabeth. Was challenged by the receptionist even though there is minimal crowd. Gave him a reason with a straight face, he said ok.

Thanks in Advance!!

My advice would be to not go there on a Tuesday as they were extremely busy. Also just be nice and explain the situation. I went there on a Tuesday, the guard let me in but said they were VERY busy. You stand a good chance if you try to go there on a Wed. or a Thur.

Thanks vdostoi & another_dude.. I think I will try my luck tomorrow or Friday. Will let you know what happens. Appreciate your quick response!

Smooth Sailing..

I got my FP done today at Elizabeth(Newark) ASC. It was a very pleasant experience. I got in around 2 PM EST. The guard at the entrance was very courteous and directed me to the receptionist. This person asked for proof that I had already "paid" for my ticket to India. I showed him my e-ticket.. he looked at it.. wrote "ok" on my I-797(notice) and the rest was a cake walk..

Thanks again vdostoi and another_dude! :D

I got my FP done today at Elizabeth(Newark) ASC. It was a very pleasant experience. I got in around 2 PM EST. The guard at the entrance was very courteous and directed me to the receptionist. This person asked for proof that I had already "paid" for my ticket to India. I showed him my e-ticket.. he looked at it.. wrote "ok" on my I-797(notice) and the rest was a cake walk..

Thanks again vdostoi and another_dude! :D

Good for you.