Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

hi folks,

i have my interview date on june 16th in nj.
i am thinking of shortening my last name (didn't fill it in the form).

question:
1) can i request name change during the interview (any one done this before and does it extend the timeline). is it a simple process? do i need to take any documents or provide reasons, etc?

2) is oath and interview the same day in nj?

thanks much!

What is your timeline?

anybody get this message..

Hi,

I was tracking the application that I sent to the Lewisville, TX facility. Did anybody get this message when you tracked the package?

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:16 AM on June 15, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Notice Left, June 15, 2009, 10:16 am, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Arrival at Unit, June 15, 2009, 9:54 am, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Processed through Sort Facility, June 14, 2009, 6:09 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Processed through Sort Facility, June 12, 2009, 6:01 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032

Hi,

I was tracking the application that I sent to the Lewisville, TX facility. Did anybody get this message when you tracked the package?

Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:16 AM on June 15, 2009 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Notice Left, June 15, 2009, 10:16 am, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Arrival at Unit, June 15, 2009, 9:54 am, LEWISVILLE, TX 75067
Processed through Sort Facility, June 14, 2009, 6:09 pm, COPPELL, TX 75099
Processed through Sort Facility, June 12, 2009, 6:01 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
Don't worry, status will show delivered later today or tomorrow.

Do not worry. Same thing happened to me but after two days USPS status changed showing that it was delivered on same day. It is USPS which does not update their site sometimes. I was worried like you but after 2 days, they changed the status and I got my NOA after 4 days, so be relaxed and do not stress.

Do not worry. Same thing happened to me but after two days USPS status changed showing that it was delivered on same day. It is USPS which does not update their site sometimes. I was worried like you but after 2 days, they changed the status and I got my NOA after 4 days, so be relaxed and do not stress.

Yup, you were right, message updated to delivered. Although delivered to 75067 instead of 75029. Whatever, let those guys figure it out now :)

Thanks for the speedy reponse Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your timeline?

hi formerf1,

sorry, i don't remember the exact dates for my timeline.
but, i filed my application on february 2009 and got my citizenship today.

i did a last name change and it was simple and i had no issues in newark, nj.
oath and interview was in the same day as well. thanks to all the help folks.

now, i have to inform all agencies about my new name change.

once, i find my timeline dates, will post it here.

hi formerf1,

congratulations!

Guidence needed urgently

Hello
I am a newbe. My wife is a PR and has an interview scheduled in Aug at Newark. I am currently on F1 and we got married in India and have a marraige certificate of India (in English). Will that be accepted as valid marraige certificate or we have to get registered again here. WE are planning to file for my change of status after she gets her citizenship. Also do we need her US passport for applying for me or naturalization certificate is OK. Please guide

My processing time.
-----------------
DO : Newark, NJ
05/29/2009: mailed N-400
06/01/2009: Received by Texas Center
06/01/2009: Priority Date
06/03/2009: Notice Date
06/03/2009: Check Cashed
06/08/2009: NOA received
06/11/2009: FP Notice Date
07/01/2009: FP Appointment

Hello
I am a newbe. My wife is a PR and has an interview scheduled in Aug at Newark. I am currently on F1 and we got married in India and have a marraige certificate of India (in English). Will that be accepted as valid marraige certificate or we have to get registered again here. WE are planning to file for my change of status after she gets her citizenship. Also do we need her US passport for applying for me or naturalization certificate is OK. Please guide

She is not required to show that she is married for naturalization purposes in most cases unless she is filing under the 3-year rule which she is not because she is married to you and you are not a US citizen. When she files her I-130 for you, the naturalization certificate is fine to show as proof of citizenship.

hi formerf1,

joshrain,

Did you get any court order for your name change?

Today (06-20-2009) completed my Finger Print at EliZabeth,NJ

Time Line

05-12-2009 - N400 application send.
05-18-2009 - Confirmation letter received.
06-03-2009 - Finger print appointment letter
06-20-2009 - Finger Print commpleted(EliZabeth,NJ).

USCIS case status changes

Does the online status on USCIS change for the different stages such as FP notice issued, Interview notice issued etc etc?

Thanks