Newark local office transfer: tracker

485 transferred to Newark on 11/02/2004, no further info

My 485 (RD: April 2003) was transferred to Newark office on 11/02/2004

I have not heard anything from Newark so far. Not sure how long it will take to schedule interview.

THANKS acc918,

Where did u go for the Social security? Do you have the address? Do I have to change for all of us including my child?

Regards,

prlover said:
My 485 (RD: April 2003) was transferred to Newark office on 11/02/2004

I have not heard anything from Newark so far. Not sure how long it will take to schedule interview.

prlover,

I got interview after 4 months, so don't worry..

undefined
DOM2004 said:
THANKS acc918,

Where did u go for the Social security? Do you have the address? Do I have to change for all of us including my child?

Regards,

DOM2004:

I went to The one in JF Kenney Blvd. corner of Newark Ave.

Yes, you have to do it for everybody.

In Newark INS Office on the 10th flr, there's also a Social Security Office. Maybe it is a lot quicker there.

markmurali said:
Hi

OM SAI

Greetings
Happy Diwali

Finally the journey is over ,Today I Received both Welcome Letter and my Green card ( plastic).

My case details
- I-485 Receipt date : 23 April 2003
- Transfer to local : 07 July 2004
- Interview Notice : 28 Sept 2004
- Interview date : Oct 21 2004
- 2nd Finger printing : Oct 15 th 2004

- Interview and Passport stamping date : Oct 21
- Approval Notice / Welcome letter : Nov 12
- Received the Green card : Nov 12

Thank Every one for their support and valuable information.

I Wish every transfer case outcome is like mine and good luck with your interviews

NJJ : what happened to your card have you received it ...

With Best Regards

mm

Were you surprised that your finger prints 4 days before the interview date?

My interview is on 12/9 and my fingure prints are on 12/04/2004. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
acc918 said:
undefined

DOM2004:

I went to The one in JF Kenney Blvd. corner of Newark Ave.

Yes, you have to do it for everybody.

In Newark INS Office on the 10th flr, there's also a Social Security Office. Maybe it is a lot quicker there.

THANKS ACC918,

DID U GET ANY INTIMATION ABT CHANGING SS, A LETTER OR SOMETHING? DO WE HAVE TO DO IT IMMEDIATELY SINCE OUR PAY IS CONCERNED! I WAS NOT INFORMED ABT THIS NOR MY EARLIER SS TAKEN DURING THE INTERVIEW.

undefined
DOM2004 said:
THANKS ACC918,

DID U GET ANY INTIMATION ABT CHANGING SS, A LETTER OR SOMETHING? DO WE HAVE TO DO IT IMMEDIATELY SINCE OUR PAY IS CONCERNED! I WAS NOT INFORMED ABT THIS NOR MY EARLIER SS TAKEN DURING THE INTERVIEW.

DOM2004:

We don't really need to do this immediately because we will be using the same number anyway. The only good thing about this is the "VALID FOR WORK WITH INS AUTHORIZATION ONLY" printed on the card will be removed since we are already a permanent resident.

INS did not look at my SS card during the interview too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Thanks acc918,

To remove the restriction, do we need to fill the ss-5 form or just a letter is ok? Also can one person do for all his family members?

My child also needs a SSN, so is there any different procedure?

Any

transfer letter?

ED_GC said:
riaz,

Did you receive any transfer letter from Newark office about your case has been transfered to newark from vermont center?.
I did not receive any transfer letter. I believe my lawyer did receive because when I called him after 2-3 weeks of transfer, he knew about it. I learnt about my transfer through online case status check. Later they changed my status to "we have received your case here. it's taking 365 to 540 days.." its already been 2.7 years since I filed 485

DOM2004 said:
Thanks acc918,

To remove the restriction, do we need to fill the ss-5 form or just a letter is ok? Also can one person do for all his family members?

My child also needs a SSN, so is there any different procedure?

Any

Yes. we need to fill-out the form for everybody even just to remove the restriction and you have to go to the SS Office in person with your children.

Transfers to local office

What are the cases that may get transferred to local office? My 485 ND is 10/2003 and I just fingerprinted in Nov-04.

What are the chances or circumstances it gets transferred?

tranfer reason

try4gc said:
What are the cases that may get transferred to local office? My 485 ND is 10/2003 and I just fingerprinted in Nov-04.

What are the chances or circumstances it gets transferred?

In my case the lawyer said the case was transferred for unknwn reason. It seems they transfer case to reduce or spread the load equally between Vermont and Newark. In other words, since Vermont gets cases, it might start transferring to local offices and to reduce their load. That's what I think. In any case, another reason mine may have got transferred was because they slipped the deadline and now they didn't want to hold on to a very old case. In case of other cases, the previous explanation holds true in my opinion.

485 Case transfered

Thats what lawyer also told me about that. he said becoz the service center wants to reduce their load. Thats why they transferring to local offices. If you are really lucky you will get the interview letter in couple of months. otherwise god only knows..

Riyaz

Do you know anyone who got the interview letter recently that their case was transfered after your case has been transfered to the local office?

interview letter

ED_GC said:
Riyaz

Do you know anyone who got the interview letter recently that their case was transfered after your case has been transfered to the local office?

As per this forum, there is one person whose case was transferred on 9/7/04 along with me, but he got his interview and stamping.

I believe fams and others transferred in August or July and are waiting.

It's all upto individual luck.

I know atleast 4 families personally who applied for GC (485 RD after mine), and have already got their plastic cards long ago.

I applied for my Advanced parole renewal couple of weeks back and today I got an email from USCIS say that My AP case also transfered to local office. :eek:

I really dont know whats going on.. I am planning to go for a vacation next year january.

This is really frustrating... :(

ED_GC said:
I applied for my Advanced parole renewal couple of weeks back and today I got an email from USCIS say that My AP case also transfered to local office. :eek:

I really dont know whats going on.. I am planning to go for a vacation next year january.

This is really frustrating... :(

Please let us know, when did you apply for AP, and kinkdy keep us posted regarding the processing time in your case for AP. As I am sure everyone who is waiting may need AP at one point or other. Also, did you send your AP case with Vermont or Newark? Does anyone know if AP cases are accepted at Newark if your original 485 file is transferred to Newark? And what about EAD renewal? Same story ????

I though AP gets approved in 15 days nowadays. If that's not the case, I better hurry, as I need something by summer 2005. (either GC or AP/EAD)

riyaz404-t said:
Please let us know, when did you apply for AP, and kinkdy keep us posted regarding the processing time in your case for AP. As I am sure everyone who is waiting may need AP at one point or other. Also, did you send your AP case with Vermont or Newark? Does anyone know if AP cases are accepted at Newark if your original 485 file is transferred to Newark? And what about EAD renewal? Same story ????

I though AP gets approved in 15 days nowadays. If that's not the case, I better hurry, as I need something by summer 2005. (either GC or AP/EAD)

I applied My Ap renewal on 11/16/2004. On 11/18/2004 My 485 case was transfered from vermont to Newark. On 11/29/2004 My Advance parole was transfered from vermont to newark.

Transferred to local office Newark

My case has been transferred to Newark office on Nov 22nd.

Do we need to take the lawyer to the Newark office at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance,