Newark local office transfer: tracker

Answers and Questions

Jhon Li and give_me_peace,

Does either of your interview letters mention the interview will be taped? We are bringing our attorney to the interview too.

noori,

Our case is EB2

Good luck on 7/23

Hi give_me_peace and pingram,
What message did you get on online case status. After how many days U got the interview letter.
My online message was different and it is in
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133142

According to the people who attended interviews in Newark. They carried all the documents i.e everything related to GC process like previous exp. letters 3 yrs w-2, tax returns, employment letter, medicals, birth certificate, marriage certificate, education certificates, bank statements, utility bills etc.
Make a copy of all the docs. Hope this info helps.

Novice72

Hi Novice72 -

I got transfered on Jun/16 and I got the letter on Jun/30 and my interview is on Jul/23.

RD: Mar/26/2002
FP2: Mar/5/2004
TD : Jun/16/2004
ID : Jul/23/2004

My message :

we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can
take several months. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will notify
you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your
case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer
Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Novice72

Novice72,

Your message is strange. It's probably a mistake. All local transfers will tell you which local office they transfer to. Like all the cases in this thread, the message will say Newark office. Like one of the people here said, Appeals office is in Washington DC. Transfers to this office only occurs when your case is denied, then reopened, and again denied. I remember there is some discussion about the appeal office. You can search the other forum (485 issues in Vermont Service Center). Good luck.

hey all you guys who received the interview letter, did your lawyer also got the same letter, please reply

Hi RD1001,
Hopw it is wrong message. I checked with my lawyer they have not received any notice yet. I did not received any denial notice. I am I -140/EAD/AP all approved in May 2004.
Iam just eagarly waiting for the notice. Keep U posted.

Online msg
On July 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE for processing. Our office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

On saturday I got a notice from INS Nebraska.

The notice says:

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing

BCIS, AAO, 20 Mass, Room 3042, 425 "I" Street NW, Washington DC 20536

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Have anyone heard about cases are transferred to AAO. Is it INS doing something new? I can't find the procesessing time frame for AAO I -485. it says Cuban I -485 and I -485 Life cases.
Gurus pls give yor inputs

Thx in advance

the interview

hey ET Z
just wanted u to know i got the interview letter last friday on the 9th of july
it is scheduled to be on the 6th of august
but they just asked for the medical and passport ,no employer letter or tax returs or for tht matter pay stubs...for both me and spouse
well they r sure weird
;)

Hi noori!
WOW! That was fast! BTW I have nothing yet. May be I'll get notice this week?? I really hope so. Good luck and thank you for keeping me informed.

thnx

thnx ET Z
I wish u goodluck ans will pray u get urs by today or tommorow i live rt in jersey city very close to newark probably thts why i got it earlier in the mail.....it was posted on 7th july ..si cross ur fingers...and keep me informed
all the best..by the way the letter does say tht the interview will be videotaped :rolleyes:

Hooray!
noori,
we will go for interview on August 6!!! We received e-mail from our lawer (they've got copy of notice). I will check our mail box tonight for it.

congratulations

:D
hey congrats.
maybe we will meet each other there....mine is schd at 10.00am...best of luck
finally it all feels rt
by the way in my letter they havents asked for anything except passport,1-94 and medical not even employment letter or tax returns...wht abt u

noori,
I do not know what we need to bring with us yet and what time is our interview. We still have not received any notices. Perhaps, we will take all documents with us, just in case. They asked one of my friends to bring one more document, he did it next day and it was one year ago and he heard nothing so far.

Hi ET,

If possible can you find from your friend, what was the document they did asked.... Since we do have a interview and if we are prepared for that.. that makes every one life easier.......

RD: Mar/26/2002
FP2: Mar/5/2004
TD : Jun/16/2004
ID : Jul/23/2004

Hi,

My case was transferred from NSC to Newark, NJ in 2nd week of May 2004. My RD is Sep 2002 as of today no response from NJ.

Any help please...

Thanks & Regards
Sam

pingramc,
in this case it is doesn't matter which document was it (anyway it was different kind of application), the matter is HOW it works. If he had that doc with him his processing would be complete. This is the idea.

Hello:
I am new for this board. Thanks for your answer.
Several people mentioned the medical report should be brought during the interview. I remember the copy has been attached when I file I-485. Is this copy needed or another one?
ND: 05/06/04
TD: no idea.

noori,
our interview is scheduled at 1:00 pm and we have to bring passport and I-94. Are you going to bring your lawer to the interveiw?

Hi
ET Z and Noori

My case was transfered on 25 of Jun. When did you get letter for interview ? Did you and your lawyer both got letter ?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi anilmaurya,
I did not get my interview letter, but my lawer did on July 2 or 5 and faxed to me. I believe mine got lost in the mail.