Newark local office transfer: tracker

Questions for MOH NOV!!

MOH,

1. "she asked me to review my info" what that means, is it your experience etc....

2. Did you get the FP done on spot!..

Thanks

We had interview on 3rd Oct. The officer asked when we had out FP done. I said last year some time. We went to his cube took oath and sign paper for no attorney. Officer asked for Medicals (which I got redone) and passports. He did open Medical report and then checked all files. He went through all the passport almost page by page. My old passport had lot of visas. Asked birthdate for kids and birthdate plus parents name for us. Asked me are you still working for the same company? I said I have changed. He asked for more information about the company so I gave him employment letter and pay stubs for last one year. He did check the 485 paper where the salary was mentioned and he asked me my current salary (which was more then that required figure). He did go through all the files and then he said the case is approved but the FP is expired and we will have to redo the FP he gave us 31st oct date. Officer said somewhere in Nov. we will get the approval letter and then we can come on any Wed to get he passport stamped (if we want to). Officer took all I94 from passports.

I had all other papers ready with me. Birth certificate, marraige cert., w2s tax returns etcc. I would say one should do the medical again.

My deatils:
485 RD:31st Jan 2002. Eac 02111xxxxx
1st FP May 2002
Case transferred to Newark 11 Aug 2003
Interviewed 3rd Oct2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! MOH NOV 2001 :) and 31stjan :)

31stjan:

what do you mean by "sign paper for no attorney". Did you file your case by yourself?
Do I need to take my attorney with me?

Thanks!

Re: Questions for MOH NOV!!

Originally posted by amarsharma
MOH,

1. "she asked me to review my info" what that means, is it your experience etc....

2. Did you get the FP done on spot!..

Thanks

amarsharma

1- Its a form that she filled out... she asked me to check my name dob and address... she did not ask any thing technical or related to my job

2- The FP I am talking about is the one that will appear on the GC itself... its not the regular FP..... and yes its done on the spot...

To All
Thanks and good luck to all... your turn will come soon
;)

I did file my papers throught lawyer but I did not have my lawyer with me for that interview. So the officer gave us a paper which states that you would like to proceed without lawyer.

When you go there for interview you have right to take your lawyer with you, but they charge lot of money for that. There was a guy who paid $700 to his lawyer to be present for that interview.

I don't think you need lawyer to talk to the officer.

Hi MOH NOV 2001 and 31stJan,

My I485 is transfered to Newark on 08/30/03. Mine is an AC21 case. I completed my second finger print. Do we need Phots while going for the interview, if they do stamping. Is the officer asked Phtos to you guys.

Technically, you do not need photos... but to tell you the truth I had 2 recent photos of mine just in case they say i look diffrent than the photo taked 2 years back... its only $5.....

We were not asked for phtographs. In fact they have our pictures in an envelope in th file (which we submitted with 485 filing). The officer had taken out those pictures from the envelope and attached to a form after the interview

We were not asked for photographs. In fact they have our pictures in an envelope in th file (which we submitted with 485 filing). The officer had taken out those pictures from the envelope and attached to a form after the interview

IamRaju!!! have you received interview letter?

Mine was transferred on August 22nd still waiting for interview letter

Let us keep in touch .....

Finally Approved.............

Hello All,

Just wanted to share a good news with the people on this forum.

My friend just now informed me that he received his wife's approval in the mail today... It is a great relief for him..

I had earlier posted his details on Sept-27-2003 in this thread.

Just to recap, his wife was interviewed on Friday - Sept-26-2003 at NEwark. Interview went fine. But interviewing officer asked for I-140 approval. She had to redo fingerprints since they had expired. She did early fingerprints ( immediately after the interview).

My friend mailed the copy of his I-140 approval on Sept-29-2003. It reached the BCIS office on Oct-01-2003.

Today the approval letter was received. The case was approved on Oct-08-2003.

So.. there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Definitely for everybody..

Good luck to the people who are being interviewed tomorrow.. Amarsharma.. etc..

Please make sure you carry every single piece of document that you have. Nothing is un-necessary..

WE earn our Green card thru Hardwork and perseverence. I was reading an article in the NY Post yesterday in which according to Bush's executive order, all the perople who are being sent to Iraq as soldiers , will be given citizenship thru the fast track( for those who don't have one).So, many illegal aliens are making use of it. Many Mexicans have fake green cards and have joined the army and are making full use of this opportunity and the Pentagon is fully aware of this and is helping them to become citizens.

Good luck..

my interview

Arrived by train @1 pm for 1:30 interview. Not many people there for interview. Turned in interview letters. Waiting for 1 hr. No call. So talked to the receptionist. Was told we were not assigned to an officer yet. Maybe another 2 hrs. Explained my wife is sick. The nice lady attached a note to the assignment sheet. Another 10 min. summoned to window 2. The nice lady said we can reschedule if my wife cant wait. I said we rather wait. Another 15 min. an officer called us in, said we were lucky for not to having to wait long. Thanked her for that. Index FP and sign a form. Took oath in her cubicle. Then she said “ can I have ur passports, medic and driver licenses?” (not sure If I actually heard the word medic). Gave her passports and licenses (haven’t redone medic).
Asked me how long I have been working. Gave her employment letters.
Askd for 3 yrs’ W-2 and tax returns. Gave her originals. She asked if this is for her keeping. Answered no. She said I will have to make a copy and mailed her.
Returned my photos to me which I submitted 2 years ago. Reason: need recent photos without glasses.
She took out all I-94 and wrote “pending”.
Finally what I got were 2 things: ref for copys of w-2 and tax returns; FP appointment letter (Oct 30). Asked her to write a note so that we can do early FP. Rejected. Told we have to call 800 # to discuss if we can manage an early FP.
Thanked her. (almost 3 pm now). Rushed to 24 commerce St. Not a single soul for FP. Talked to security lady. Told to talk to front desk guy. Rejected for early FP. Keep begging. He called his boss. We were finally allowed to do FP.
Will have to send new photos and w-2 and tax returns.

w-2 w/ 3 sets?

actually I was asked for w-2 with 3 sets. did that mean personal, state and federal sets? can someone shed some light on this? I only have personal copy. Never made copy of the other two. If this is a problem, where and how can I get other 2?
thansk

Congrats niwniw

I think the rest would be a mere formality.
By the way, did you change jobs/address or your transfer was solely due to NIW factor.
Thank you.

Approved!

It was a very nice experience unexpectedly. I waited only for 45 min. and interview took only 10 min.

No questions asked other then to confirm my current address, current employer and employment letter.

I should brought a copy of my tax returns to give the office, but Then he made a copy of the one I have and did not even make a face.

We will need new FP( on Nov 21). Then we should wait for approval letter.

Very Gentle Office and smooth interview. No Medical( I did not bring it also)

Thanks for All the wishes and support from this Forum Members.

Can I do FP early?

NIWNIW,
Can you give that 800# you mentioned where I can negotiate and early FP?

Thanks
P.S> You did not see me 'cause I was there in a.m. hours? 10:30 - 12