Newark local office transfer: tracker

redo medics or not

redo medical or not is probably the most confusing thing for Xer cases. Medic memo clearly says no need for redo if no Class A and B in the first Medic. Did all interview letters so far request new medics or just for people with Class A records in their first medic sumitted? Can someone explain this? I really donot want to redo medic.
thanks

AmarSharma and MOHNOV2001

Congrats to both of you for getting your interview letters.

Rule of the Thumb. I am a July-2001 filer. My case was transferred to Newark, NJ office in Jan-2003. I got approved same day in March-2003.

My interview letter said get passport, I-94 .

All the other columns were not checked or selected.

But , the interviewing officer asked for every single document including Medicals and Employment letter.

They have nothing to do with the interview letter.

Please take every possible ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY EVERY DOCUMENT.

Also, for your spouse, please take I-864 or I-134 ( Affidavit of support notarized.)

Good luck..

MEdical Exam..

I redid MEdical Exam..

No need to take all vaccines. Show the doctor proof that you have taken it ealier.. I realised it after taking the vaccines..

He will accept that..

Maybe to make money.. he will ask you to take a couple.

To be on the safe side, better to get it done..

Thanks,

interview letter asked I-94 and medical for me. I did medical. I didn't take shots but I did the blood work to test for TB,HIV and syphilis. Doctor charged me 170 for a new 693. During interview immigration officer asked employment letter and she looked at new medical.

I am going to bring a copy of medic memo with me when interviewed. If asked, I will show it to the officer. Will that work for not doing new medic?

Interview letter received

Yesterday, I received my interview letter in hand-writing as well, asking for passport, I-94 and medical. Although it didn't ask for employment letter, I'll definitely bring one with me.

The date is Oct. 10th, same as amarsharma. Let's nail it down this time!

waiting, waiting, waiiiiii
Hi guys,
jan. filler transfered to newark 08/18/03
RD 01/16/02
ND 02/01/02
FP 05/14/02
1st EAC 06/03/02
2nd EAC trasfered to newark 08/13/03

Wonder when I'll get my Appointment Letter:mad: :confused: :cool: :p

maturaloosalan
I am pretty sure the reason they didn't take your EAD and AP application is because you are approved. Once your GC is approved it doesn't make sense to take EAD and AP application. My guess is your approval letter is in your file and the IIO might have forgotten to mail it. Why don't you try to give a call to local office OR if possible just go there and findout what's happening. Good luck.

Thank you guys for your input.....
now for you who asked questions:
1-My interview date is 10/3/03.... (this will be Friday)... I thought that Newark only interviews on Wednesdays.
2-My Attorony got a copy of the letter... (what an asshole.. he thought its March 2004... very careless...)

Good luck to all

TGF

I got interview letter TOO

I got interview letter TOO. My case was Xered on Aug 4. But I have not got the letters since they were mailed to my old address.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCneedhelp!!! what do you mean by "interview letter 2"

when is your interview date?

so did you missed your first letter?
how did you manage then?
did you follow-up with NEWARK local office personal visit?
how did you manage?

thanks

sorry for mislead info

the address I gave to INS was my old aaddress. I filed AR11. INS never changed it. I got a call from the current occupant of my old address saying I got interview letter there. I will pick them up later today. So I donot know the interview date yet.

Recent Photos

Do we need recent photographs for the interview? did any body asked for it.

GCneedhelp - congrats and good luck!

Fromhyd,

Thanks for your reply. I did go to the INS office. They said they can't say anything as the officer has the file. They can only see it as pending. My lawyers have sent an email but I haven't heard back from them either. I hope something happens soon.

thanks

A silly question

this might be a silly question. Where is the nearest parking lot for Newark interview? thanks

There is one right behind the building... dont worry there is plenty of parking... its resonable too....

Is it normal for Newark to interview people on Fridays??? I always thought they only do it on Wednesdays...