Newark local office transfer: tracker

To MOH NOV 2001

please post reply as soon as you receive interview letter
from NEWARK

I will do same

My case has been transferred to NEWARK on 8/21

Ok I will let you know when I get my letter.

Does any one know how long does it take to get the appointment letter after being transfered?

Got the letter.

EB3 I-485

RD 12/13/2001
ND 12/21/2001
FP 4/24/2002
wife's second FP 6/12/2002 (They said the first one was not good.)
RFE 5/21/2003 (Employment verification)
RFE reply received by VSC 6/10/03
Mine(primary) approved 6/17/03 :D

Wife's transferred to the local office in "NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ" 6/18/03 :mad: (I have no idea why this happened.)
Interview letter received 8/26/03
Interview date 9/26/03

"Bring with you"
The letter,
All passports,
I-94,
Report of medical examination,
Affidavit of support (is this really required for EB cases?)
All original documents which support the petition/application, including: birth, marriage, divorce and death certificates.

No photo?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for 485 interview this morning. The interview letter asked
to bring passport & I-94 for myself and wife. The officer asked
for a copy of 2002 tax returns, employment letter, and
marriage certificate. After that the officer asked to come
back on Sep 23rd for second FP since the first FP expired
on 08/23. Said the approval letter would be mailed once they
receive the FP. --Jim

RD 013002
FP 052303
TD 070703

fromhyd, have you heard anything after you 2nd fP. Mine were done also on last thursday after the interview. I have not heard anything. I wonder how long does it take now. I am just wishing it come before December

Guys
We came back from vacation today morning and when I opened my mail box, to my surprise we saw our approval letters from BCIS. we did our 2nd FP on 8/21 and our cases were approved on Aug 28th.
maturaloosalan, I think you will see your approval letters this week.
JimEB1EA, once you do 2nd FP your case will get approved fast.
Good luck guys.

Fromhyd

Good Luck with you Green Life!

Now do you have to go back to the INS office to get stamp on your passport?

I think approval letter says that we have to go Newark office
on any wednesday from 8 to 12 Noon to get stamped.

Amarsharma.. please provide info

Amarsharma,

I was reading this thread of transfer to BCIS local office in Newark,NJ. One of my friend's case has been transferred to BCIS Newark,NJ on July-29-2003. His is EB-3. No RFE received.

Did you receive any communication from BCIS Vermont or BCIS Newark that your case has been transferred or did you receive your interview letter?

Your reply is appreciated..

FromHyd -- Congrats on your approval... Enjoy your freedom..

Thanks.

maturaloosalan
Immigration officer stamped pending green card stamp on passport and she took our I-94's. I didn't apply for EAD. My wife she had EAD but no Advance parole. I think you will hear good news from BCIS this week.

Reply for GC_JULY_2001

My lawyer got the letter for my transfer( so do the online status says)

I am EB-3, NJ, IND.

So far no letter for Inteview etc., and NO RFE for anything. Looks like they just throw my case to local office without even looking at it.

Fromhyd,

Thanks for message. The officer who took our interview, took our i-94 also at the same time, even though we are haven't gotten the formal approval yet! I thought that was wiered

Thanks AmarSharma..

Amarsharma,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

BCIS has no reason and accountability. I think all these RFE's and transfers are just meant to delay the issuance of green cards ( even though we are genuinely trying to get it.)

My friend's attorney has not received the transfer letter. The online site says that it has been transferred. And he told me that he reorted a change of address to INS Vermont and Newark also.

Please put your info on this thread once you receive your interview letter from Newark, NJ. My friend lives in Plainsboro,NJ ( which comes under Newark).

Thanks once again.

Big congratulations, Fromhyd, happy to know that you are finally through the journey. I hope we will be as lucky as you in terms of short waiting between 2nd FP and the final approval.

I do have a question for you: it seems that you did the 2nd FP after the interview, I was wondering if you asked to do that during the interview (on the same day)? It is not easy for us to take a day off, and it certainly helps a lot if we can get the both things done on the same trip to Newark.

Thanks and enjoy your new freedom :)

bb

Originally posted by Fromhyd
Guys
We came back from vacation today morning and when I opened my mail box, to my surprise we saw our approval letters from BCIS. we did our 2nd FP on 8/21 and our cases were approved on Aug 28th.
maturaloosalan, I think you will see your approval letters this week.
JimEB1EA, once you do 2nd FP your case will get approved fast.
Good luck guys.

Fromhyd

date of 2nd FP was given during interview. After the interview I went to commerce street to try giving second FP same day. They told me they were busy on that day and that guy asked me to talk to his supervisor. There is a big queue so I gave up giving 2nd FP that day. There is nothing to loose in trying. Good luck.

Interview Letter received

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this piece of information with you guys.

My friend's case details.

I-485 Petition.

RD - Jan-24-2002

ND - Feb-05-2002

FP - May-17-2002

Service Center - Vermont Service Center

Case Type -EB3

Never changed employer. No RFE. Address change last month. Reported Address change to Vermont by calling NCSC, sent AR-11 and even sent a letter to BCIS Newark.

Case transferred to BCIS NEwark - July-29-2003, as per online. Attorney says no transfer letter received..

Interview Letter mailed (to old address) - Aug-25-2003

Even though the address change was reported to BCIS, they prefer to mail the letters to the old address. Very efficient.

Today, my friend, surprisingly decided to check his old mail box after a month and half. And, to the shock of his life, he found the interview letters sitting in his old mail box!!!! The interview is scheduled at BCIS Newark on Sept-26-2003 at 1.30PM. There were two copies of the letter. And the attorney says that he has not received any letter so far.. Don't know whom to trust..

Anyway.. it is a pretty standard letter asking for all documents including medical examination..

Will post details after the interview is done..

Amarsharma, your interview should also be near..

REgards,