New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC_enroute said:
Hi my companies immigration attorney firm(Fragomen) today had a webcast on perm filing and what they said is, it is not a good idea to file under perm considering that DOL has not clear guide lines as to what they mean by "identical case". Do you guys hear the similar things from you attorney too?

Fragomen - also my attorney - is a very conservative firm. Not that that is a bad thing but...

The statement made by them should be "there is some risk if you are from a retrogressed country".

Also, considering that you can ammend your old case,ie you can update address, etc. then the risk of making the new case different is reduced.

However they are being truthful, DOL does not have clear guidelines of what an identical case is.

Couple of questions...

xmmm said:
P-05122-85xxx means your case was entered to the system on the 122th day of year 2005. The meaning of this does not really helpful to predict the approval date of your case, IMHO. People here reported that they got LC approved after 1 month to 5 months after 45-day letter.

I received my case number P-05125-xxxxx in Jan/06 for EB3 45day letter and wish to get it cleared before EB3 visa is available for PD in 3/2002.

JustWatching posted the explaination last year if you check pages after 250th.

My Case # is T-05194-18xxx. But the priority date I have on file is 12/10/2005. I don’t understand the connection here. My attorney has sent the paperwork in Dec 03. Is it the same "T" number that’s going to get converted to a "P" number?

I was talking to my attorney yesterday regarding filing under PERM. What he is saying is to wait and not to change now. I also asked him about his other cases. He said he has started to get most of the 45-day letters and LC approvals. Some LC's have come without the 45day letter also and for most of the 45 day letters the LC got approved with in 4 months the most except one case has take almost an year. On the other hand, my friend re-filed under PERM (EB2) on the 13th of Dec and got his labor approved on the 26th of Jan, 2006. Of course every thing takes about 4 months.

I just got off the phone with the case handler at the congressman’s office. They are NOT willing to expedite the case. They will ONLY help if there is any other problem, (I guess if you are illegal LOL :p ).

:confused:

I agree Justwatching

JustWatching said:
Fragomen - also my attorney - is a very conservative firm. Not that that is a bad thing but...

The statement made by them should be "there is some risk if you are from a retrogressed country".

Also, considering that you can ammend your old case,ie you can update address, etc. then the risk of making the new case different is reduced.

However they are being truthful, DOL does not have clear guidelines of what an identical case is.

Fragomen basically outlined all pros and cons they did not say one way or other but their information lead many of my company colleagues to lean towards not to go with Perm especially the ones with PD date 2001/2002. Also I came to know that Fragomen has cases waiting from 2000 with DOL

Initiative

Sorry for the digression from the purpose of the forum:

Good to see so many labor approvals after long wait of
years ~ almost 5 years for guys who applied in yr 2001.

Most of the applicants would receive their I-140
within next 10-12 months (worst case)

Then follows 485 stage = unknown wait period

Faster LC approvals are only ensuring creation of bottleneck at 485 stage
And many applicants are unware of the impact of 245i :eek:
(Check: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=201187)
which possibly would lead to further back-dating of 485 visa for EB3

So when you look at BIG picture, years of wait of is not yet over.
Things dont seem to be going anyhwere.

And there is none other than ourselves to blame for it - by keeping
quiet and by confining our lives to work cube, home and weekend
gatherings.

Not that I have been too different but certainly
commend the initiative of few amongst us who decided to
stand up for ourselves and have been making serious effort
to meet lawmakers & have hired lobbying firm :cool: to
bring the GC retrogession issue at the top of the list

I am talking about www.immigrationvoice.org follow
the link to know why WE are to be blamed too:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=174

It will worthwhile to support those guys in their effort

WOW JW thats' a great find!

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

Especially those non-RIR I suspect.

Go to: http://atwork.nypost.com/

In "Search Keywords", enter: "484-270-1600"

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Just wanted to let you know.

JW
being a NON-RIR applicant waiting since jan 2003 this is the most awesome news i have heard in a long long time...
tho' the web site wasn't available when I clicked the link
thanks for sharing this info tho'

Got 45 day letter finanlly!

Today, HR informed me I got the 45 day letter! After 4 years waiting, finally have some news from them! It's a painful, long journey.

RIR EB2
NY
ETA: 3/4/2002

Well.... KLPD news here.

There was an error on attorney's website, and my LC has not cleared yet. No news of even the 45 day letter in my case. Although another colleague of mine whose LC was filed on the same day did receive 45 day letter like a month ago.

kohls said:
My companies legal team told me yesterday that my LC has been approved.

They have not recd the official paper yet, but have checked the status on the website (don't know which website !)

The guy who called me did not know if they ever recd the 45-day letter at all.

12/14/2001 : RIR : EB2

Kohls, Cheer up man, once a day they will remember us the victim of Novembers 2001 NYC LCA and get our LC completed and jump to the queue of 485 soon.

Do you know what is your colleague PD?

kohls said:
Well.... KLPD news here.

There was an error on attorney's website, and my LC has not cleared yet. No news of even the 45 day letter in my case. Although another colleague of mine whose LC was filed on the same day did receive 45 day letter like a month ago.

ahalem said:
Kohls, Cheer up man, once a day they will remember us the victim of Novembers 2001 NYC LCA and get our LC completed and jump to the queue of 485 soon.

Do you know what is your colleague PD?

12/14/2001 - same as mine

45-Day Letter

Hey Guys,
After seeing peeps with 2003 and 2004 PDs getting 45-Day letter. I am getting concerned about mine.
MY PD is 11/14/2002 and have not heard anything yet. Checked with attorney, their reply is They havent received anything and DOL does not respond to queries.

What you guys think?

Thanks
EastWest

eastwest said:
Hey Guys,
After seeing peeps with 2003 and 2004 PDs getting 45-Day letter. I am getting concerned about mine.
MY PD is 11/14/2002 and have not heard anything yet. Checked with attorney, their reply is They havent received anything and DOL does not respond to queries.

What you guys think?

Thanks
EastWest

Eastwest - dont worry from what I understand PBEC is not following FIFO rule for example I have a PD date of 01/28/2002 still did not receive 45 days letter. People from my company who had filed couple of days earlier to mine has received 45 days letter last week and a friend of mine who has a PD date 0f 02/27/02 received 45 days letter in first week of January. I dont think anyone in this forum was able to understand the logic as to how PBEC is processing because there is no logic to it. Cheer up my friend!!!

JW - Do you know the reason why BEC is doing these job postings?

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

Especially those non-RIR I suspect.

Go to: http://atwork.nypost.com/

In "Search Keywords", enter: "484-270-1600"

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Just wanted to let you know.

JW

I read in this forum that it is dangerous for us that BEC is doing the recruitment effort? I am wondering whether this is just a procedure before certifying an application or is there an ultimate motive to buy in time to delay if possible deny the labor certificate to foreign nationals

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_enroute said:
I read in this forum that it is dangerous for us that BEC is doing the recruitment effort? I am wondering whether this is just a procedure before certifying an application or is there an ultimate motive to buy in time to delay if possible deny the labor certificate to foreign nationals

Recruiting is for non-RIR supervised recruitment procedures. As always, there are very paranoid people in this forum that truly believe PBPC is in some conspiracy. This is just a step that needs to take place as part of non-RIR.

Now that your case has been closed....

what are you going to do next?....I'm going to Disney World!

Well I got great news today….

My case was closed. In error of course.

Fragomen has sent both a fax and a letter via Fedex requesting them to reinstate the case. They are confident the case will be reinstated. My company has only had one other case closed in error. It took 2 ½ months to get it reinstated.

I am not surprised by this since it seemed quite odd that all other cases around my priority date had received their 45-day letters. According to DOL the letter was sent to my employer – wrong address and Fragomen did not receive a copy of the letter.

Based on other cases getting approved I was waiting for news…I guess I got them.

I had to chuckle when I heard the news....here I am tracking over 1,000 cases and they lose mine...ahhh...the ironies of life.

…And the wait continues….

I am really sorry to hear about that, I hope they open it and process it ASAP, best luck to you.

JustWatching said:
what are you going to do next?....I'm going to Disney World!

Well I got great news today….

My case was closed. In error of course.

Fragomen has sent both a fax and a letter via Fedex requesting them to reinstate the case. They are confident the case will be reinstated. My company has only had one other case closed in error. It took 2 ½ months to get it reinstated.

I am not surprised by this since it seemed quite odd that all other cases around my priority date had received their 45-day letters. According to DOL the letter was sent to my employer – wrong address and Fragomen did not receive a copy of the letter.

Based on other cases getting approved I was waiting for news…I guess I got them.

I had to chuckle when I heard the news....here I am tracking over 1,000 cases and they lose mine...ahhh...the ironies of life.

…And the wait continues….

To Justwatching

Sorry to hear that! Hope your case will be reinstate soon!
You did a great job in this forum, we all admire you, your case will be fine!

To Just watching,

IF you donot mind asking , how did you find your case was closed, did the lawyer contact the BEC, mine keep saying they do not accept any inquiries? Could you please confirm that

ahalem said:
IF you donot mind asking , how did you find your case was closed, did the lawyer contact the BEC, mine keep saying they do not accept any inquiries? Could you please confirm that

Either my employer or my attorney received a "Notice of Closure" letter. I didn't even ask who got the letter.

Do you have your case no.?

Thank you everybody for your good wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.