New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Case Number Nomenclature

Could someone please explain or post a link to the explanation of the Case number nomenclature:

Mine starts P-05130-XXXXX
PD: Dec 02
NY, EB3 RIR

I got the 45 day letter in Sept 05, responded in 5 days and just waiting. I see someone with P-05133-xxxxx got approval and I'm trying to guess if my case number has any bearing to that case (cohort etc).

Thanks

EVERY single day, someone posts to ask how to get their status or how to interpret the number.

How many times does this have to be repeated. DO A SEACH.

NewbieGC said:
Could someone please explain or post a link to the explanation of the Case number nomenclature:

Mine starts P-05130-XXXXX
PD: Dec 02
NY, EB3 RIR

I got the 45 day letter in Sept 05, responded in 5 days and just waiting. I see someone with P-05133-xxxxx got approval and I'm trying to guess if my case number has any bearing to that case (cohort etc).

Thanks

Relax guys, everybody in this forum is under stress, so please don't loose your cool. If you know an answer to a new friend's question please help. If not relax, somebody else will.

Recent update in Murthy's website suggests that all 45 day letters should be out by June 2006 at the latest. Haven't seen any comments from anybody. Once the letters are all out, hopefully that would weed out all the redundant applications soon and only genuine ones should remain.

With the letters having been sent out, that should pave the way for complete devotion of resources to clearances of labor.

Just watching, based on your expert analysis, how many labor certifications would you expect to get cleared by end of 2006, assuming DOL sticks with its latest estimate?

Expert....far from it...

subbs27 said:
Recent update in Murthy's website suggests that all 45 day letters should be out by June 2006 at the latest. Haven't seen any comments from anybody. Once the letters are all out, hopefully that would weed out all the redundant applications soon and only genuine ones should remain.

With the letters having been sent out, that should pave the way for complete devotion of resources to clearances of labor.

Just watching, based on your expert analysis, how many labor certifications would you expect to get cleared by end of 2006, assuming DOL sticks with its latest estimate?

I wish I were an expert and could predict labor approvals!

Anyhow, that said, here is my GUESS:

Philly BPC has about 100 contractors -my guess is (FTEs):
- 30 are working on data entry
- 30 are processing
- Remaining - issuance of 45-day letter, update of records based on receipts, responding to status, responding to extensions, working on NOFs, etc.

An examiner can do about 6 cases/day (this info comes from stats shared by Icarus long ago...) so:

Feb - June: 30 resources X 6 cases/day X 20 days/month X 5 months = 18,000 cases

July - December: 60 resources X 6 cases/day X 20 days/month X 6 months = 43,200 cases

Total for remainder of 2006: 61,200

2007: 60 resources X 6 cases/day X 20 days/month X 12 months = 86,400 cases

This assumes there are enough certifying officers to keep up.

You are an expert

Just watching

That is an awesome analysis. I agree its not an exact science but atleast roughly we know how the numbers would or should look like.

I think 300,000 was the oustanding number of labor applications doing the rounds before PERM became fullfledged. Lets say that number has come down slightly, and I dont know the break-up. I assume 2001 and 2002 is more and 2003 and 2004 much lesser. Also genuine applications should be much lesser, specially in 2001, when every Tom, Dick and Harry filed in April.

2001: 80,000
2002: 100,000
2003/04: 100,000

Based on your guesstimate, we still wont be done with 2001 till early next year? I hope Im wrong, something doesnt seem right. What do you think? Again, this is all speculation.

subbs27 said:
Just watching

That is an awesome analysis. I agree its not an exact science but atleast roughly we know how the numbers would or should look like.

I think 300,000 was the oustanding number of labor applications doing the rounds before PERM became fullfledged. Lets say that number has come down slightly, and I dont know the break-up. I assume 2001 and 2002 is more and 2003 and 2004 much lesser. Also genuine applications should be much lesser, specially in 2001, when every Tom, Dick and Harry filed in April.

2001: 80,000
2002: 100,000
2003/04: 100,000

Based on your guesstimate, we still wont be done with 2001 till early next year? I hope Im wrong, something doesnt seem right. What do you think? Again, this is all speculation.

Keep in mind that the numbers I gave you are for the Philly BPC only. So should probably X 2 the numbers to get cases processed.

The last count I have of cases is 349,000. This is for both BPCs and I have no way to split the number between the two.

Based on the processing estimates, BPCs would finish processing sometime end of 2007/beginning 2008.

In terms of predicting when 2001 cases will be processed, keep in mind that:

- cases are still not being processed in order of PD
- there are RIR and non-RIR cases.

I would say there is a high likelihood that most 2001 RIR cases will be processed sometime in 2006. But no assurances.

Labor Pain is Over

Hi Friends,

I am regular visitor to this forum. Wanted to share a news that my labor pain is over. Received approval yesterday.

RIR -NY
EB3 - 11/14/2001
ETA - P-05032

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
nashgreat said:
Hi Friends,

I am regular visitor to this forum. Wanted to share a news that my labor pain is over. Received approval yesterday.

RIR -NY
EB3 - 11/14/2001
ETA - P-05032

Good luck to all.

Congrats! Could you share a couple more digits of your case no.?

Thanks
JW

45-day Letter Received

:) My Lawyer informed me yesterday my 45-Day Letter was received on Jan 4th, signed and sent back the same day.

PD: 12/14/2001
STATE: NY
CASE NUMBER: P-05124-93xxx
CASE TYPE: RIR
CASE SOURCE: Region ( no idea what does this means)

My companies legal team told me yesterday that my LC has been approved.

They have not recd the official paper yet, but have checked the status on the website (don't know which website !)

The guy who called me did not know if they ever recd the 45-day letter at all.

12/14/2001 : RIR : EB2

Website

Kohls,
Can you please find out which website has the information to check on the status of one's case..?

That will help a lot..!!!!

Thanks

P.D : Feb'15th'2002
NY RIR EB-3
45-day Letter recvd-replied Jan'30th'2006
P-05122-xxxxx

kohls said:
My companies legal team told me yesterday that my LC has been approved.

They have not recd the official paper yet, but have checked the status on the website (don't know which website !)

The guy who called me did not know if they ever recd the 45-day letter at all.

12/14/2001 : RIR : EB2

All, don't get to excited about the website, it's probably the attornies website.

kohls - do they use Fragomen for example...?

Does the case no have any intelligence built into it?
Here is my Case Number....Just received my 45 day letter..Any idea what it means?
P0512285XXX

srikums said:
Does the case no have any intelligence built into it?
Here is my Case Number....Just received my 45 day letter..Any idea what it means?
P0512285XXX

P-05122-85xxx means your case was entered to the system on the 122th day of year 2005. The meaning of this does not really helpful to predict the approval date of your case, IMHO. People here reported that they got LC approved after 1 month to 5 months after 45-day letter.

I received my case number P-05125-xxxxx in Jan/06 for EB3 45day letter and wish to get it cleared before EB3 visa is available for PD in 3/2002.

JustWatching posted the explaination last year if you check pages after 250th.

45 day letter..atlast?

Guys: Anyone here who has recvd the 45 day letter for NY filing? Kindly post in and let me know the expectation or time lines looking like. I read in some of the post of a tracker, can someone point to me where it is located.

well here is my case history:

NY-RIR
PD: Aug 2004
ETA: P-05196-XXXXX
45 day letter - 27 Jan (say's on the letter, but the lawyer got it on 10 feb..go figure that one!).
Replied: 11 feb.

Any info, estimates from any of you, who are in the same "region and time" boat or have got NY filing LC's or 45 DL would be appreciated.

Also what are the thoughts of going ahead with perm i was going down the route before getting the 45 day letter bomb?

Thanks all..

DD

NY non-RIR cases in process?

Hello all,

Especially those non-RIR I suspect.

Go to: http://atwork.nypost.com/

In "Search Keywords", enter: "484-270-1600"

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Just wanted to let you know.

JW

Perm filing a bad idea for people who have older priority date

Hi my companies immigration attorney firm(Fragomen) today had a webcast on perm filing and what they said is, it is not a good idea to file under perm considering that DOL has not clear guide lines as to what they mean by "identical case". Do you guys hear the similar things from you attorney too?

Status
Not open for further replies.