New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
got 45 day letter

my stats:

NY, EB3 RIR, 8/2002, 45 letter 12/2005, LC ??? (if lucky, in 3~4 months)

highope said:
I Don't know the exact approval date yet.
Details:
PD: oct 2001
State: New York
EB Category: EB3/RIR
45 Day Letter Recd: Oct. 2005

Hi All, need urgent Help..please

I have worked for company A from 2000 to 2003 and applied for GC from New York Feb 2002 in RIR EB2. Since this was not going anywhere.. I moved to employer B in Boston(Aug 2003) and got labor and 140 but the priority date is in Aug 2003 and it is in EB3 and I am stuck here forever now.

So I am thinking of moving back to Employer A because of the better priority date, but I am entering my 7 th year by end of this Feb 2006. I have a valid visa and stamp, I-94 till July 2006 from my current employer B.

Now what are my options to move back to employer A..

1)Can I apply for 7th year extention from company A?

2)Do I have to change to employer A before 7th year enters and apply for Extention of 1 year immediately or I can transfer to company A till July 2006(thats when my current H1-B, I-94 expires with employer B)?

3)Can I continue.. with the current employer B and apply for 140 and 485 through employer A(as a future applicant, even though I was working for them at the time of LC application)?

There are many experts in this forum can advice correctly if I am wrong but based on my knowledge

1) You need to get your H1 transfer to company B and then apply for extension based on your pending labor from Company B.
2) I think you can apply 140 and 485 from company B as a future applicant while you work for company A but I am not sure what will happen to your 140 of Company A after you apply for 140 from company B (hope you get your labor cleared some day!).

Got 45-day letter

I sent out resumes last Friday for a new job and got notification of 45-day letter today. That's really funny. Perhaps, I should give up this and switch if I can get 30%-40% more increase from the new position.

Case number: P-05125-9xxxx
PD: 03/06/2002

DOL mailed 45-day letter out on 01/11/06.

Got approval! YAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOOO

:eek:

My Labor pain ended with this new year and I got certified. PD Feb/2002 from NY in EB3.

The good folks at Philly did not like my name so sent my papers to Dallas. The cowboys there did not issue any 45 day letter and send the certification papers.

It took exactly 4 years. What a long labor pain, wish i was a women and just have a labor pain for few hours. :D

May God bless Labor pain certification agency !!
May Devil bless Labor pain certification agency !!

Hi Justwatching and other gurus

Hi ,

I got the status letter from ETA.My pd is jan/03.
the eta case num is T-05189-0****.
I understand from this num that my data entry is not done.
what else can u tell from this number?
any info will be highly appreciated.
thanks

sankat_mochan said:
:eek:

My Labor pain ended with this new year and I got certified. PD Feb/2002 from NY in EB3.

The good folks at Philly did not like my name so sent my papers to Dallas. The cowboys there did not issue any 45 day letter and send the certification papers.

It took exactly 4 years. What a long labor pain, wish i was a women and just have a labor pain for few hours. :D

May God bless Labor pain certification agency !!
May Devil bless Labor pain certification agency !!

Congrats! Do you have your case number? Does it start with a P or a D?

Looks like EB3 is getting approved faster

looking at the approval trends it seems like EB3 is getting approved faster than EB2. I applied in EB2 -RIR Jan'28 2002 and I am yet to receive 45 days letter while several EB3 in 2002 have received approvals. Do you guys have any information on the approval trends.

45 Day Letter Recieved

Yahoooooooo, I am ecstatic!

Received 45 days, PD--03/2003 RIR EB3.

For me this group has been a constant source of good information on the process. Therefore I wanted to share it first with you all.

Good Luck to all!

How much more..!!!

Guys:
I have still not recieved my 45-day letter ( PD Feb'15'2002 ,NY RIR).
I am sure there are others before me who have also NOT yet recieved the letter. But, what I am trying to find out is that, is there a "do by this time" date for this whole process...

JustWatching, since you have been answering a lot of queries, do you have any inputs....

Also, there seems to be NO timeline as to when your Labor gets cleared after you reply to the 45-day letter...

This is ALL so frustrating...

To add to this even after you get your Labor cleared...I-140 is taking 8-9 months and after that you have to wait till I-485 gets current to your PD...

Do you guys have any idea where the I-485 is going with the retrogession thing?..I read that there is a bill in the Senate that is proposing changes and if that gets passed should help retrogession in some way...

Please share your views, I am sure everyone is very Frustrated to say the least with this whole mess....!!!

Good Luck...

:(

waiting4gc02 said:
Guys:
I am sure there are others before me who have also NOT yet recieved the letter. But, what I am trying to find out is that, is there a "do by this time" date for this whole process...

JustWatching, since you have been answering a lot of queries, do you have any inputs....

Also, there seems to be NO timeline as to when your Labor gets cleared after you reply to the 45-day letter...

To add to this even after you get your Labor cleared...I-140 is taking 8-9 months and after that you have to wait till I-485 gets current to your PD...

Do you guys have any idea where the I-485 is going with the retrogession thing?..I read that there is a bill in the Senate that is proposing changes and if that gets passed should help retrogession in some way...

Please share your views, I am sure everyone is very Frustrated to say the least with this whole mess....!!!

Good Luck...

Correct. Older cases than yours without 45-day letter.
No. There is no timeline whatsoever to receive 45-day letter.
No. No timeline after the 45-day letter either. Approvals are still random in Philly couldn't even predict when.
I-140 will be taking about 6 months by the time we get out of this step.
Kind of. Immigration reform will be debated soon including recapture of visa numbers and excluding dependents in that count. Could go either way.

Frustrating. Yes.

just sometimes..

Just sometimes it so happens that not getting your 45 day letter may be a good thing because you directly get your labor like some people did..especially since you are in that Nov 2001 - Feb 2002 category which is getting labor approvals lately.

waiting4gc02 said:
Guys:

Good Luck...

The Wait..

Justwatching,
I remember reading on this forum in one of you replies that they have a deadline of June'2006 to finish with entering the data into the database i.e issuing of 45-day letter..

Is that true?...or that was one of your estimates..!!!!

:mad:

waiting4gc02 said:
Justwatching,
I remember reading on this forum in one of you replies that they have a deadline of June'2006 to finish with entering the data into the database i.e issuing of 45-day letter..

Is that true?...or that was one of your estimates..!!!!

:mad:

June 2006 is THEIR latest estimate to issue all 45-day letters.

If they are not issuing 45-day letters on a regular basis for cases filed in 2004 by April 1st then I seriously doubt they will make that date.

History:

August 2004 - Receive Regional cases
April 2005 - Finish (kind of) data entry for Regional cases.
BPCs estimated completion by September 2005.
September 2005 - BPCs revise estimate to December 2005.
December 2005 - BPC revise estimate to June 2006.

Based on my latest guesses BPCs will finish processing all cases by the end of 2007. Making sure that no go deed goes unpunished and guaranteeing a wait for at least 2 years for anyone filing under the old system. Funny they used to say that the BPC would ensure processing in more than 2 years.

For what it's worth....

Guys:
Here is some new information that I am cut'n'pasting of another website..

Good News for Visa Movement

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:

Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no cut-off date for the these categories.

Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge of EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be movement in EB-3 visa numbers.

India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.

India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.

China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.

China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.

What a good news!

Gurus......what say..????

---Keep it going..!!!

Justwatching, Did you get 45 day letter? EB3 is faster

Hi, Justwatching,

Did you get your 45 day letter? Some guys of my company
with EB3 filed the same day with me get the 45 day letter 2 months ago. It seems EB3 is more faster than EB2, what a unfair thing!!!!

My situation: EB2-Mar,2002 no 45 day letter

So frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.