New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB2, EB3 theory

I am not sure about EB2, EB3 theory since EB class is used on the immigration USCIS process level and not by labor department.

Are you guys sure about that or its just another rumor?

45-Day Letter .......Finally

Guys:
I was told by my lawyer that she finally recieved the 45-Day letter for me.
Apparently, she can just sign it and fax it back...( is that how it goes..?) to confirm that we want to continue the process..!!!

So, now the wait for the approval starts...
Any estimates as to when to expect the Approval..>?????

Good Luck..

NY- RIR EB3
Feb'15-2002

Justwatching,

My 45 day letter was sent to the old address in August 2005 with a deadline of Oct 10 2005. A copy was NOT sent to the attorney(?) :confused: Eventually, the letter was answered after the deadline in the same month with a proof of missed delivery and PBEC accepted it. I confirmed it myself today that the case is still open.

My case status now would be 45 day letter received and update the tracker accordingly. You doing great job and stop by if you happen to be in Manhattan anytime. The least, I can buy you lunch.

Regards

Labor certification.. finally

I received my labor certification... finally.

Case no: P-05133-xxxxx
Date applied: Feb 28, 2002
45 day letter: Dec end, 2005
Date approved: Jan 13, 2006

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to this forum as it was very helpful.

nylcvictim said:
what happened, JW? was your labor approved?

C'mon! :) You think I would just walk away and not let anyone know...

No, I wish my LC had been approved. Actually, it has been 1 year since I created the tracker and have been maintaining it ever since.

I am in the process of looking for a new job and trying to focus my time on that.

I'll still be around though....

JustWatching,

My case number is P-05136-XXXXX and 45 day letter was answered in Oct'05. Since the case number P-05133-XXXXX is approved (nyfeb2002), can I expect to have mine approved in the vicinity of a week or two?Is there any logic to these numbers other than being in series mathematically?

Second qn, you said u looking for a new job! Just wondering if you got a new H1 or how else u are handling it?

Thanks

god_only_knows said:
JustWatching,

My case number is P-05136-XXXXX and 45 day letter was answered in Oct'05. Since the case number P-05133-XXXXX is approved (nyfeb2002), can I expect to have mine approved in the vicinity of a week or two?Is there any logic to these numbers other than being in series mathematically?

Second qn, you said u looking for a new job! Just wondering if you got a new H1 or how else u are handling it?

Thanks

Yes, you got the nomenclature right. As for expecting approval, not really. Higher likelihood yes since they have been approving cases in those series. But it still appears very random.

My intention is to get my new employer to transfer the H1 and file for permanent residence as part of hiring conditions - whether that actually happens is yet to be seen.

Hi Justwatching,

Best luck with that but are you welling to give up on your PD which would help too much in the next phase. "Look who is talking, i do not even know when it will happen to mine, anyway..."

Also can you transfer H1 after the 6 years ?

Again best luck on your hunting.

JustWatching said:
Yes, you got the nomenclature right. As for expecting approval, not really. Higher likelihood yes since they have been approving cases in those series. But it still appears very random.

My intention is to get my new employer to transfer the H1 and file for permanent residence as part of hiring conditions - whether that actually happens is yet to be seen.

ahalem said:
Hi Justwatching,

Best luck with that but are you welling to give up on your PD which would help too much in the next phase. "Look who is talking, i do not even know when it will happen to mine, anyway..."

Also can you transfer H1 after the 6 years ?

Again best luck on your hunting.

I have not completed my 6 years yet. It will be August, plus I can recapture about 3 more months after that due to travel outside of the country. This is why, if I want a new job it needs to be now.

As for my PD, well, my category is not retrogressed. I don't think it will ever be (well those are strong words but I am cautiously optimistic). I think that if I get a new job, get PERM approved, one of three things will happen:

- Retrogression before applying for I-140/I-485 (Likelihood:low): File for I-140 get approved and get 3 year h-1 extension.
- Retrogression after applying for I-140/i-485 (Likelihood: low/medium): Get I-140 approved and work on EAD for several years (but since it is new employer that's the plan anyway)
- No retrogression (Likelihood: medium/high): Apply for I-140/I-485 and get approved in the next year.

Good luck, but as you mentioned you need to find this job now, you do not have that much time. Especially I heard PREM does not take time but all paper works around the process takes 3 to 6 months.

Also make sure the company will have that in contract since many of them forget their promises.

JustWatching said:
I have not completed my 6 years yet. It will be August, plus I can recapture about 3 more months after that due to travel outside of the country. This is why, if I want a new job it needs to be now.

As for my PD, well, my category is not retrogressed. I don't think it will ever be (well those are strong words but I am cautiously optimistic). I think that if I get a new job, get PERM approved, one of three things will happen:

- Retrogression before applying for I-140/I-485 (Likelihood:low): File for I-140 get approved and get 3 year h-1 extension.
- Retrogression after applying for I-140/i-485 (Likelihood: low/medium): Get I-140 approved and work on EAD for several years (but since it is new employer that's the plan anyway)
- No retrogression (Likelihood: medium/high): Apply for I-140/I-485 and get approved in the next year.

45 day letter - NY'03

Received 45 letter in mid Jan '06
State: NY
PD: May 2003
Category: EB3/ RIR

Based on various postings in the forum, actual LC approval may happen randomly !

If anyone has noticed any pattern (except random pattern) kindly post

Regards,
Jj

Labor Approval Time frame

JustWatching and other gurus,
Looking at NYFeb02's information

Case no: P-05133-xxxxx
Date applied: Feb 28, 2002
45 day letter: Dec end, 2005
Date approved: Jan 13, 2006

His case was entered in the database in the May'05 ( P-05133..correct me if I am wrong) timeframe and he got his 45-day letter in Dec'05.

I thought they send you the 45-day letter immediately as they enter the data into the database.

Also, if you guys have any other information on any patterns...that would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Under what category you filed

JustWatching said:

Justwatching,

Thanks for your help and best of luck. I had a question.. under what category you have filed your case ?

Thanks

PERM Filing is fast

Just to share with you guys an encouraging note, My friend re-filed under PERM on the 13th of Dec and got his approval on the 26th of Jan with all the Christmas holidays and every thing. He re-filed under EB-2.

His old PD is Feb-2003 and still waiting for the 45 DL. He was advised by his lawyer to change his job title when filing under PERM so that he can keep both applications going. (This is the first time I heard that).

Anyway good luck for him and a tip for all of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks LC of EB-2 is really slower than that of EB-3

See, justwatching's LC is also EB-2, all I see on this forum
approved or 45 day letter received are EB-3 guys, so unfair,
can EB-2 guys do something? Like fax a letter to Phili center
to complain or some.

45 day Letter???

Hi All,
I sent a mail for H1B 7th year Extn and got the reply 3 weeks back with case number that starts with P, P-05122-xxxxx. But I haven't received 45 day letter. My employers address is changed so only hope is Attorney's office. So my question is.. is it normal that I didn't get 45 day letter even after case number starts with P? and Secondly Can I do anything about missing 45 day letter?

Case Details
NY FEB 21st
RIR-EB2
case No: P-05122-xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.