New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
45-Day Letter Received? VA Priority Date 11/03/2003

Hi all,

My lawyer says that he has received and as responded back to the 45-day letter! I think he is lying for some unknown reasons! My case details are as follows and I would appreciate if you could take some time to answer the following questions:

Case Type: RIR
State: VA
Priority Date: 11/03/2003
Case did not make it to regional (unopened case)

(1) Considering my priority date, is it possible that my lawyer has received the 45-day letter?

(2) What does a typical 45-day letter contains? a scanned copy of the 45-day letter would be a great help (ofcourse you can hide your personal information)

(3) Lets assume that he has received and responded back to the 45-letter. How to track the status of my application? I tried to send an email to Philly email address that is used for tracking and they told me that they don't have information on my case yet and I should contact my employer! should I try again to send an email?

I know none of us is a lawyer but your advice based on your personal experiences would be really helpful and highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stewart Rogers

There is a separate thread for VA

As I proposed upstairs:

Let us stop posting on this thread until somebody gets approved from Philly BLC.

Looking for lawyer

Hello New Yorkers,

Could you please help me ? I am looking for a good lawyer in NYC area who can provide a consultation on an immigration issue ?

Please reply with lawyer contact info or send it by private message or through email : amrassem@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help,

Last edited by a moderator:
Stewart, according to what I hear your case can be true. They do not send out the 45-day letters in the order, which the applications were received. Looks like they have messed up the order. My Attorney told me they have stated to catalog the applications before sending them out. I don’t know why that is. On the other hand your applications is from VA. That could make a difference also.

Since it’s your application they received the letter you can demand a copy of the letter. Anyway, now that you have got the letter, good luck to you.

Lankaputhra said:
Any one know whether the DV-2006 results are out? Hope Hope Hope... never ending Hope :confused:

They have been out for a while ..... if you have not heard by now ... i think it's time to start thinking about DV-2007 ! I feel your pain ! :(

Rajel said:
question for waitlisted, waitingtoo, Labor_Oct_2001, JustWatching, highope and anyone else with a PD prior to Dec 2001 :
was wondering if you have any updates on the 45d letters, I haven't received mine yet (PD 10/21/2001) and I'm starting to lose patience :eek:

thanks

I am in the same situation. Mine was applied on sept, 02 and lawyer doesn't have a clue. I will done with my 6th year of h1b eligibilty next June. I am losing my patience.......

do we have to know that?

as I proposed two floors up, let's STOP posting on this thread until you are approved fromthe BLC in Philly.

!!!

yogkc said:
I am in the same situation. Mine was applied on sept, 02 and lawyer doesn't have a clue. I will done with my 6th year of h1b eligibilty next June. I am losing my patience.......

QWE123 said:
as I proposed two floors up, let's STOP posting on this thread until you are approved fromthe BLC in Philly.

!!!

Will all due respect to you QWE123, it's not up to you to decide when to write in this board, especially when the post isn't off topic. If anything, we know that Sep 02 cases like yogkc's haven't got any reply yet (plus it gave him the chance to vent his frustration which would probably make him feel better now ;) )

hello all
i applied for labor feb 2002 (RIR). im in my 6th year of H1. My employer had sent a letter to the Philadelphia backlog center asking for the status so we can apply for the 7th year extension about 2 weeks back. we received a fax today from them stating that they hav received it and also stating that it is awaiting processing. They have also assigned a case number.
Just wanted to update uall and also thanks guys for taking the time and effort to post on this forum. its a great help!

srini2011 said:
hello all
i applied for labor feb 2002 (RIR). im in my 6th year of H1. My employer had sent a letter to the Philadelphia backlog center asking for the status so we can apply for the 7th year extension about 2 weeks back. we received a fax today from them stating that they hav received it and also stating that it is awaiting processing. They have also assigned a case number.
Just wanted to update uall and also thanks guys for taking the time and effort to post on this forum. its a great help!

"Processing" means ? - giving you proof for 7 year extension or LC processing, I hope it means the 2nd one! by the way, do you know which letter your case number starts with "T" or "P"??

hey justwatching.....whats up ..you haven't posted any upadates and insights??...
did you recieve ur 45-day letter??

richshi said:
"Processing" means ? - giving you proof for 7 year extension or LC processing, I hope it means the 2nd one! by the way, do you know which letter your case number starts with "T" or "P"??

Whats the difference / significance of "T" or "P" ?

richshi said:

LC processing...the case number begins with a "T"...does that mean anything to u?

"T" means temporary, which means

your case has NOT been completely entered into the Backlog center's system yet. It was assigned a temporary number because your file was pulled out for inquiry.

It means you have to wait for a longer time than if the letter was "P". "P" stands for Phily, when your case number starts with "P", it is completely entered into the system, a 45 day letter shall be issued in no time, then you respond to the 45 day letter, then it takes about 2 to 3 months for them to process your case (since your Priority date is Feb, 2002, not too bad).

good luck.

richshi said:
your case has NOT been completely entered into the Backlog center's system yet. It was assigned a temporary number because your file was pulled out for inquiry.

It means you have to wait for a longer time than if the letter was "P". "P" stands for Phily, when your case number starts with "P", it is completely entered into the system, a 45 day letter shall be issued in no time, then you respond to the 45 day letter, then it takes about 2 to 3 months for them to process your case (since your Priority date is Feb, 2002, not too bad).

good luck.

any guesstimates for a pd of jan 2002 ? :confused:

become citizen of mexico

guys,

Become citizen of mexico and jump the fence and come back and you get treated like a king....... no worries about GC, you become direct citizen of USA....... :eek:

LC filed in Oct 2001 RIR NY

I filed my LC in oct 2001, RIR in NY.
I noticed that archives of LC processing Time shows that SWF started working on the Oct 2001 cases from Oct 2004 thru Jan 2005.

From Feb 2005, the cased were started moving to Philli BEC.

Can anybody help me, my case will be in Philli BEC/NY SWF?
Is there a way to find out,where actually case is being processed.
Any body got LC, filed in RIR after oct 2001?

Thanks
Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.