New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Justwatching,
so do you think SWA cases which received 45 day letters and replied already
will be on hold until all Regional cases are processed and letters send to all other SWA cases..
or
PHIL BEC is processing RIR cases(both state and regional ) based on the state PD and 45 day letter received and replied?
what's your guess?

Here are my guesses related to this topic:

1) No, I don't think they are going to process all Regional cases before starting with SWA. However, I do think they will continue to process Regional cases until all SWA cases have been organized.

So if it takes, for example 3 more months to enter SWA cases (basically sort the cases - ie what the SWAs were supposed to do in the first place) then REgional cases will continued to be processed first until then. After that point it would become a single queue by PD. That is their ultimate goal. Now, it is possible that they could finish processing regional cases before they got their act together on the SWA side.

2) Will they hold SWA cases that have already received/replied to 45-day letters? I think they will hold them until ALL (most) SWA cases are sorted out. Why? Because maybe cases like yours and ahalem's make sense to process, there are also SWA cases from as late as 2004 from smaller states that got keyed in.

Ideally, BPC will get to a point where they have done limited entry of all cases. At this point they could finish data entry in order of PD and therefore start sending 45-day letters in order of PD. At that point as long as 45-day letter issuance stayed ahead of the processing date, things would move ok.

Finally, once again I am just guessing.

JustWatching said:
Here are my guesses related to this topic:

1) No, I don't think they are going to process all Regional cases before starting with SWA. However, I do think they will continue to process Regional cases until all SWA cases have been organized.

So if it takes, for example 3 more months to enter SWA cases (basically sort the cases - ie what the SWAs were supposed to do in the first place) then REgional cases will continued to be processed first until then. After that point it would become a single queue by PD. That is their ultimate goal. Now, it is possible that they could finish processing regional cases before they got their act together on the SWA side.

2) Will they hold SWA cases that have already received/replied to 45-day letters? I think they will hold them until ALL (most) SWA cases are sorted out. Why? Because maybe cases like yours and ahalem's make sense to process, there are also SWA cases from as late as 2004 from smaller states that got keyed in.

Ideally, BPC will get to a point where they have done limited entry of all cases. At this point they could finish data entry in order of PD and therefore start sending 45-day letters in order of PD. At that point as long as 45-day letter issuance stayed ahead of the processing date, things would move ok.

Finally, once again I am just guessing.

your guess make sense .. but as per Official backlog FAQ's from DOL
http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_5-2-05.pdf
from page 8
"All cases, regardless of wheather they were in a Regional Office or a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS"

of course DOL never follows what it says!!

Proof of LC filing

Been a while since last posting.

Received the proof of file requested by lawyer 10 days ago.

This is what I have :

Case # :T-05132-XXXXX

Case status : incomplete.

my case was filed in NY 2001-12

what do you get on the screen shot?

can you post here the screen shot you guys received (hiding only personal info, of course). My friend got one, showing no case number, case status is "waiting for processing", her priority date 11/2/2001. by the way, she has got no 45 day letter yet.

INS_sucks said:
At least they are confirming fast. Sent e-mail 7 days ago. Got confirmation today from PBPC

Where did you send email ? can u post the address ... thx

And ..... was it for the 7th year ext ?

richshi said:
My friend got one, showing no case number, case status is "waiting for processing", her priority date 11/2/2001. by the way, she has got no 45 day letter yet.

I just got a reply to the 7th year extension request that I sent last wednesday (my 6-year limit is set to expire in dec 05). I was surprised at how quick the reply was (wish they could process our cases as fast..) but also at how minimal the info sent was.
I only got "The application is awaiting processing" (no case id sent).

Fyi, my PD is oct 2001, NY SWA, no 45d letter yet.

rirlaborCT said:
This messgae for Gcforwhat,

Can you provide some digits of ur case number??
I got a temp case of T05153-51*** but no 45 day letter. Case status = Incomplete.
Can you also provide ur case status???
thanks in advance

Thanks rirlaborCT
My temp numer is T-05132-09*** but no 45 days letter. case status incomplete. This screen shot was recieved by my lawyer. I recieved letter stating that my case is "waiting processing". But still no 45 days letter. Atleas not to my knowldege.

Rajel, seems you are on the same page as my friend

Both with very early priority date, oct-nov of 2001, RIR, NY state. No 45 day letter, "The application is awaiting processing" (no case id sent).

It makes one wonder whether they have bothered to look up for the file. By the way, the screen shot was provided by "STEPHEN W. STEFANKO
Certifying Officer". Does yours too?

Rajel said:
I just got a reply to the 7th year extension request that I sent last wednesday (my 6-year limit is set to expire in dec 05). I was surprised at how quick the reply was (wish they could process our cases as fast..) but also at how minimal the info sent was.
I only got "The application is awaiting processing" (no case id sent).

Fyi, my PD is oct 2001, NY SWA, no 45d letter yet.

richshi said:
Both with very early priority date, oct-nov of 2001, RIR, NY state. No 45 day letter, "The application is awaiting processing" (no case id sent).
It makes one wonder whether they have bothered to look up for the file. By the way, the screen shot was provided by "STEPHEN W. STEFANKO
Certifying Officer". Does yours too?

Same guy for me. I sent a reply asking for my case id and I got this message back :
"This email address is solely to be used for legitimate H1B extension requests for the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center. All other information requests go to info@phi.dflc.us"

Now if you try sending a message to info@phi.dflc.us, guess what you get... ;)

any news, new yorkers?

anybody still alive here? :D .. not suffocated by the backlog. hello, any 45 day letter for the Year 2001, 2002 filers, any update from our incompetent attorneys, our enjoy status-quo employers?

anybody, anything?

Good news, Washington Post did a piece on the DOL backlog, quite nice, hope it will draw some attention. Bad news, "Juntha", a regular contributor to this forum, whose PR date 5/19/2001, got laid off today. Without the unforgivable delay by DOL, he/she would have already got his/her GC!!

no 45 day love letter

it looks like with later PD dates like 2003 got 45 day letters but people like me with 2002 and other even with 2001 still didn't get. Why is that.... :(
:confused: my grey hair all come from this big BS.

BPC Progress Report

Hello all,

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

I am attaching a spreadsheet that has data entry statistics and projections of when partial data entry will be completed and when full data entry of cases will be completed.

I do believe that we will not see a significant number of 45-day letters until partial data entry is completed.

Finally, this is my best guess - if you don't like or agree with my methodology feel free to change it in the spreadsheet, I don't intend to argue about it.

As always, just my guesses based on the information posted on these forums. I have no inside information.

JustWatching

Advice

I am planning on converting my 2002 NY application to PERM. I had masters(MS in CS and MBA) + 2 years IT experience when I applied. I switched to a finance job and applied for 1st stage in 2002. I wanted to know if this criteria would be okay for PERM application. I am not sure what BEC is doing and I am at the end of my 7th year.. I wanted to know suggestions and if I am missing something before converting the application.

ItsTough said:
I am planning on converting my 2002 NY application to PERM. I had masters(MS in CS and MBA) + 2 years IT experience when I applied. I switched to a finance job and applied for 1st stage in 2002. I wanted to know if this criteria would be okay for PERM application. I am not sure what BEC is doing and I am at the end of my 7th year.. I wanted to know suggestions and if I am missing something before converting the application.

What exactly do you mean by convert? Are you refiling PERM and trying to keep old PD, therefore filing "identical" application or filing new PERM with new PD to support your current finance job?

Since you are in your 7th year of H1 you need to watch the timing of your PERM application and when you apply for I-140/I-485 so you can continue to stay in the US.

anyone still have hope/energy to continue

voicing their dissatisfaction toward the PBPC?? It seemed that my fax caused them to notice that the FIFO order is not followed because of a software screw up... now they are looking to fix the problem.

I read this from another thread. I can't believe it is true. But I think it can only help if guys filed in 2001 and 2002 continue to complain about the violation of FIFO order to the Director of PBPC. I also heard that Congressman Charles Rangle (an immigrant friendly man) is interested in hearing about the New Yorkers being discriminated in immigration matters. He is keen to fight for the New Yorkers. But it will be better if the complain can come from the employer, a friend who works for him said.

>What exactly do you mean by convert? Are you refiling PERM and trying to >keep old PD, therefore filing "identical" application or filing new PERM with new >PD to support your current finance job?

Its time for me to decide now (since I already gave the ads) if I should use - my old PD or file with new one.. If I use the old one, I wont be affected by the retrogression of EB2 so I am thinking of using the old one.

If I use a new one, right now it doesnt make sense because if approved my old case will be removed and I will loose my priority date.

>Since you are in your 7th year of H1 you need to watch the timing of your >PERM application and when you apply for I-140/I-485 so you can continue to >stay in the US.

Thats why I think I should use the old one.. the only problem is the risk factor with PERM and I dont know if anyone with my profile has been approved with it.

very good topic

Does anybody think that you can file Perm and when you get the approval for filing the 140 and 485 , you can use the former old labor application priority date? If it is ok that would be great :confused: :p :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.