New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
colleague with PD 8/01 case certified by PBEC

A colleague of mine with PD of Aug 2001, received his labor cerification from Philadelphia BEC. No 45 day letter was issued. Looks like slowly approvals from PBEC are trickling in.

Good news, but it may be unique

Do you know his case is RIR or TR(non-Rir)? I figure it should be TR. Also, could you find out when he got his approval from Phily Backlog Center? Was it not from New York Regional (which still functions now as satellite office of Phily Backlog center)?

AD-NY02 said:
A colleague of mine with PD of Aug 2001, received his labor cerification from Philadelphia BEC. No 45 day letter was issued. Looks like slowly approvals from PBEC are trickling in.

richshi said:
Hi, JustWatching, do you think Nov 2001 RIR could have made it regional?? I remember the cut off date is somewhere in September 2001, not even October 2001 made it regional.

By the way, just noticed there was a guy with "no_light" as username received his 45 day letter June 20, 2005. He applied in October 2002, NY SWA.

True for the most part. If you look at the DOL databases at flcdatacenter.com there are cases beyond September 2001.

richshi said:
Do you know his case is RIR or TR(non-Rir)? I figure it should be TR. Also, could you find out when he got his approval from Phily Backlog Center? Was it not from New York Regional (which still functions now as satellite office of Phily Backlog center)?

It is RIR. And i have seen the certification letter myself. It is from PBEC - not from NY Regional. Hard to believe , but it is true.

AD-NY02 said:
It is RIR. And i have seen the certification letter myself. It is from PBEC - not from NY Regional. Hard to believe , but it is true.

Is it a NY State case? Transferred to what Regional office?

Thanks

H1B 8th yr extn proof received in just 3hrs from PBEC

I was amazed to see the response time for H1B extension proof from PBEC.
Does this mean

1) They had my case entered into system already ? or they just searched boxes in just 3hrs and entered it.
or
2) They are almost done with partial entries, moving towards sorting them and working on cases ?

Is there any light at the end of tunnel ? Any guess gurus ??

gc_ny_victim
---------------------------
PBEC T-05132-XXXXX
Priority date: 02/25/2002
Case Type: RIR
Case source: State (NY)
Case status: Incomplete
H1B: 8th yr

gc_ny_victim said:
Does this mean

1) They had my case entered into system already ? or they just searched boxes in just 3hrs and entered it.
or
2) They are almost done with partial entries, moving towards sorting them and working on cases ?

gc_ny_victim
PBEC T-05132-XXXXX

they already entered into the system on 12th of may 2005(Partial or full Data Entry), that's why you got with in 3 hours, mine also i(by my Lawyer) got in 2 hours, mine they entered it on 11th of may 2005.
my T Number is T-0513X-061XX

JustWatching said:
Is it a NY State case? Transferred to what Regional office?

Thanks

My colleague's was a NY case, transferred to Philly BEC- and as I mentioned earlier, it did not get transfered to any Regional office. The approval has come directly from Philly BEC without any 45 day ltr.

gc_ny_victim said:
Does this mean

or

gc_ny_victim
PBEC T-05132-XXXXX

This somewhat encouraging. This means they have done partial data entry for NYers. None of us have recieved 45 day letters as yet

Good to see U back, gcby2020

gcby2020 said:
This somewhat encouraging. This means they have done partial data entry for NYers. None of us have recieved 45 day letters as yet

It's been a while not to see your post. You have done some fine work drawing attention to the unfair LC system, especially to the pain of the New York applicants. I faxed something to Phily Backlog center about a week ago to address the violation of FIFO rule. It would be nice if you can do something to further point out the situation.

New York SWA did a poor job packing/shipping stuff to Phily, everything in a mess, only now does Phily Backlog cetr starts to sort out the order. But NYers need to get heard to corret the discrimination toward them. I mean many people with much later PR date got approved, while NYers don't even get their cases entered.

gcby2020 said:

As of July 30, 301,000 cases have entered or partially entered. at the rate at which they are doing partial data entry, BPCs should be done later this month with partial entry.

After that I assume they will go back and complete data entry and issue 45-day letters.

Question is: What order will they issue 45 day letters in?

A) In order of PD
B) In order in which they were entered
C) Randomly
D) Even numbers then odd numbers - hey at BPC it is possible.

a brief reminder memo/fax will help them

to follow the public promise- which is FIFO by priority date. But it is supposed to follow priority date anyway, after completing the partial entry.

By the way, JustWatching, have you requested a 7-year entension screen shot from PBEC? You may get some info from the screenshot for your case, it seems you the only one in November 2001 without getting anything from them. Given the contribution you have made to this forum (by creating and updating the LC tracker), you certainly deserve better from the Backlog center.
Good luck.
JustWatching said:
As of July 30, 301,000 cases have entered or partially entered. at the rate at which they are doing partial data entry, BPCs should be done later this month with partial entry.

After that I assume they will go back and complete data entry and issue 45-day letters.

Question is: What order will they issue 45 day letters in?

A) In order of PD
B) In order in which they were entered
C) Randomly
D) Even numbers then odd numbers - hey at BPC it is possible.

richshi said:
to follow the public promise- which is FIFO by priority date. But it is supposed to follow priority date anyway, after completing the partial entry.

By the way, JustWatching, have you requested a 7-year entension screen shot from PBEC? You may get some info from the screenshot for your case, it seems you the only one in November 2001 without getting anything from them. Given the contribution you have made to this forum (by creating and updating the LC tracker), you certainly deserve better from the Backlog center.
Good luck.

I have not requested a 7-year extension screen shot. My six years end in August 2006 so it's not time yet.

I know people have requested the screen shot regardless. I believe that doing that along with some of the other things people have done (e.g. inquiries galore) have only created more problems for the BPCs and ultimately ourselves.

Knowing the number of my stuck application is not much better than just knowing that my application is stuck.

Faxing a reminder or e-mailing them to encourage FIFO, that I am all for and at least I will continue to do so.

Good luck everyone.

richshi said:
It's been a while not to see your post. You have done some fine work drawing attention to the unfair LC system, especially to the pain of the New York applicants. I faxed something to Phily Backlog center about a week ago to address the violation of FIFO rule. It would be nice if you can do something to further point out the situation.

New York SWA did a poor job packing/shipping stuff to Phily, everything in a mess, only now does Phily Backlog cetr starts to sort out the order. But NYers need to get heard to corret the discrimination toward them. I mean many people with much later PR date got approved, while NYers don't even get their cases entered.

Had been caught up with other things fro past few weeks. I will definitely restart my letter campaign. Will not give up till this is over for everyone. Never expected I would doing all this in US. As bad it has been, this has been a great learning experience for me. Now I am more empowered to fight out any injustices happening to me and others around me.

One thing though, I would like to meet all the NYers once we all get LC. We should have a victory march. Any takers??

Good Luck, gcby2020

Here is a demo I set up, please feel free to edit this, fax it to Phily Backlog Ctre. Mail a hard copy as follow up.

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

TO: Director, Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
DATE: August 12, 2005
SUBJECT: “FIFO” Rule Violation

Cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State, are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed in other states in year 2002, even 2003, are being processed. This is clearly a violation of the “FIFO” Rule, it confuses people, damages all parties’ confidence in the system.

Please focus resources on the most backlogged cases transferred from New York SWA. Only by entering the year 2001 (RIR, TR) cases first, therefore make it possible to process them first, can FIFO order be restored.

Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

any info

Hi, I am new to your forum. I have read a lot of interesting info here but it didn't clarified my situation... I have applied to NY DOL on April 30, 2001. Still have no answer neither from Regional department nor from Phil. Baclog Center. I have old case number from NY DOL and requested info from PBC. They said that they have my case but didn't provide any other info on its status. What can I do? Should I just wait for them to respond with 45-day letter or throug my money into Canada immigration? I have extended H1-B untill August 2006.
Thanks in advance for the good advise.

richshi said:
Here is a demo I set up, please feel free to edit this, fax it to Phily Backlog Ctre. Mail a hard copy as follow up.

U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Phone: (484) 270-1500
Fax: (484) 270-1600

TO: Director, Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center
DATE: August 12, 2005
SUBJECT: “FIFO” Rule Violation

Cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State, are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed in other states in year 2002, even 2003, are being processed. This is clearly a violation of the “FIFO” Rule, it confuses people, damages all parties’ confidence in the system.

Please focus resources on the most backlogged cases transferred from New York SWA. Only by entering the year 2001 (RIR, TR) cases first, therefore make it possible to process them first, can FIFO order be restored.

Thanks for your attention to this important matter.

Thank you so much for drafting up the letter. I faxed it already and a hard copy is ready to be mailed out first thing in the morning. Though there are others who doubt the value of writing/faxing I believe that it does help. Constant reminder to them to follow the rules will indeed force them to stick to FIFO. When they had first come out with a plan to finish california cses first, many of us had protested hard. The very next week DOL made a announcement that will stick to FIFO. Now did that happen because of us protesting? I think so yes. Anyways lets keep up the heat on DOL. I am of the opinion that we bring out a full page ad in wall street journal about the poor perfomance of DOL. SO far nobody has liked the idea. In my opinion it is the only way to expose the DOL to the lay people.

In your case, you definitely send info request to PBC

Because NY SWA did not follow the shipping rule, your case may get stuck in one of the boxes. Phily is still working on opening boxes and entering cases partially. However they are not giving priority to New York cases, you need send request to remind them of the VERY OLD cases getting stuck in one of the many boxes shipped from NY. Once they dig out your case, they shall work fast on yours because yours really has the earliest Priority Date. So, my dear friend, you have to do something to draw their attention to your case. Read the memo I drafted, tailor it to your suit, and send a fax/letter, to let them know: Hi, there are April 2001 cases stuck in NY boxes!

vitjok said:
Hi, I am new to your forum. I have read a lot of interesting info here but it didn't clarified my situation... I have applied to NY DOL on April 30, 2001. Still have no answer neither from Regional department nor from Phil. Baclog Center. I have old case number from NY DOL and requested info from PBC. They said that they have my case but didn't provide any other info on its status. What can I do? Should I just wait for them to respond with 45-day letter or throug my money into Canada immigration? I have extended H1-B untill August 2006.

vitjok said:

I agree with Richshi. You need to be more aggressive. I thought that NY was done with Apr 2001 long back. When you mail/fax your letter BOLD your application date.

Fax is on its way

Here is what I sent,

"It has been more than 2.5 years since my case has been filed, I would like to request BPC to be more aggressive in terms of processing since it is affecting our lives and lives of our children as well.

We have come to know that there are cases filed in Year 2001 in New York State which are untouched, no 45 day letter, while cases filed from other states in year 2002 and 2003 are being processed. We request you to consider the FIFO as only way to process the cases.

I would also like to see New York given priority given the fact NY is the most backlogged state.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter."

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.