New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ks1974 said:
My company had applied for my labor from NY in March 2003. Now they are transferring to the NJ office . The question I have is can I use the same labor to file for my I140 (whenever that comes). I work for a multi-national and we would still have a lot of presence in NY.

Thanks.
Well.. change of location really means re-advertising in the new location and all. basically going thru the entire process all over again. but you will be able to keep the priority date. Please consult your lawyer.

BPC Tracker

The tracker can be found at:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

Today I added the 600th record to the tracker.

There are 419 records for people that made it to Regional DOL
The rest are SWA records which tells me SWA people are still underrepresented in the tracker.

The tracker includes reports that may answer some of your questions so do please take the time to look at the reports.

I would also encourage you to review your info and post updates especially if I have missed your 45-day letter.

Good luck everyone.

JustWatching

From what I have observed, very few NYers received the 45 letters. I only saw one person on this forum with PD later than 1/1/2002 received the letter. I personally think this whole thing is very unfair and frustrating, because people in other states with much newer PD get the letter and will be processed, still before us. I think the BEC is making things worse for NYers because it looks like the process is not in FIFO manner.

I am going to sene mail, fax, or anything I can think of to Elaine Chao, BEC, or NY senator, and I think you should do the same to raise awareness on this issue. Otherwise, we will still need to wait in the dark!

melindwang said:
From what I have observed, very few NYers received the 45 letters. I only saw one person on this forum with PD later than 1/1/2002 received the letter. I personally think this whole thing is very unfair and frustrating, because people in other states with much newer PD get the letter and will be processed, still before us. I think the BEC is making things worse for NYers because it looks like the process is not in FIFO manner.

I am going to sene mail, fax, or anything I can think of to Elaine Chao, BEC, or NY senator, and I think you should do the same to raise awareness on this issue. Otherwise, we will still need to wait in the dark!

It is always a good idea to keep reminding DOL to follow FIFO but it does look like they are going to follow it. There have been thousands of 45 day letters sent out in last six months but very few of the oldesst cases or some of regional have been approved. What DOL is doing is taking its own sweet time to enter data (which should be done by oct-Nov) and then start adjucating in FIFO order. While the wait is indeed frustrating, it seems that FIFO will be followed. But please keep wrting to senators/DOL/BEC. DOL needs to be exposed for destroying careers and lives of over a million people in last five years.

gcby2020 said:
It is always a good idea to keep reminding DOL to follow FIFO but it does look like they are going to follow it. There have been thousands of 45 day letters sent out in last six months but very few of the oldesst cases or some of regional have been approved. What DOL is doing is taking its own sweet time to enter data (which should be done by oct-Nov) and then start adjucating in FIFO order. While the wait is indeed frustrating, it seems that FIFO will be followed. But please keep wrting to senators/DOL/BEC. DOL needs to be exposed for destroying careers and lives of over a million people in last five years.

Let us all send emails, faxes, etc. to the relevant people who are dealing with this .....

melindwang said:

I agree .... can we get together contact info etc. for these ppl and also get somekind of petition organized and what happened about notifying the papers ?

I can't believe it - we are doing all of this the legal way, and there are many illegals who are beating us to it !!!! and we are paying taxes and social security.

I think with all the Social Security issues in this country .... if we stopped paying it - they would be in even more trouble ! so isnt it in thier interest to make us legal sooner ?

I am just very frustrated and sad because the cases are not process in FIFO, at least now. It is just too unfair to guys who applied earlier.

We should do something, but sadly, except writing to Senator, DOL, which may not help much, I just don't know what else we can do. Anyone having connections with media might help.

Melindwang, have you sent your complain letter?

melindwang said:
I am just very frustrated and sad because the cases are not process in FIFO, at least now. It is just too unfair to guys who applied earlier.

We should do something, but sadly, except writing to Senator, DOL, which may not help much, I just don't know what else we can do. Anyone having connections with media might help.

Just a reminder.

Recd 45-day letter

I just received my 45-day letter from Philadelphia BEC. :)
Priority Date- July 05, 2002
NY State.

Richshi,
I did send the letter and email to senator and Elaine Chao. Will mail fax tomorrow again.

Thanks for reminding me.

Ad_ny02

You are so lucky! You are the second one that I knew with PD 2002 in NY state received the letter so far.

Congratulations!

AD-NY02 said:
I just received my 45-day letter from Philadelphia BEC. :)
Priority Date- July 05, 2002
NY State.

Hi AD_NY02,

Did you recently try to get a receipt from the BECs for your application in order to apply for the 7th year H1 extension?

8th Year extension

Do I need new proof of pending LC from Philly BEC for my 8th year extension? I have proof of filing from NYS for my 7th year extension which I got last year. Can I use the same one when I file the 8th year extension. Thank you.

melindwang said:
You are so lucky! You are the second one that I knew with PD 2002 in NY state received the letter so far.

Congratulations!

I am surprised that the Oct/Nov 2001 case ppl are not getting upset at this type of news ! ..... I can't understand your patience at this point !

Suhel said:
I am surprised that the Oct/Nov 2001 case ppl are not getting upset at this type of news ! ..... I can't understand your patience at this point !

I kinda gave up. Hoping just frustrates me more, because things like this happen (2002 people get it before me). And I refuse to be jaleous at them.

h1 fees

Guys ,
Who is responsible for Paying H1B fees? Is it the employer or the beneficiary of the H1 petition? Can the employer legally ask for the fees to be reimbursed. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Suhel said:
Some of us are just numb.....

Status
Not open for further replies.