New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
does it help?

If getting upset helps, everyone would get upset :)

>I am surprised that the Oct/Nov 2001 case ppl are not getting upset at this >type of news ! ..... I can't understand your patience at this point !

ropa said:
Guys ,
Who is responsible for Paying H1B fees? Is it the employer or the beneficiary of the H1 petition? Can the employer legally ask for the fees to be reimbursed. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Employer is the one who is sponsoring you for their benefit. The employer has to take all chargers related to the H1-B including bringing you in from another country if they have to. Remember H1-B is a special category of visa for employment because they cannot find the skills in this country. This is what was told to me by an attorney of a “Very Big” company in the USA when they tried to hire me some time back.

At some point people started getting these so called “Convenient H1 Visa’s” (you know what I mean) and since it was for the benefit of the employee they paid for it and looks like now the employers are taking advantage of that.

question for waitlisted, waitingtoo, Labor_Oct_2001, JustWatching, highope and anyone else with a PD prior to Dec 2001 :
was wondering if you have any updates on the 45d letters, I haven't received mine yet (PD 10/21/2001) and I'm starting to lose patience :eek:

thanks

Rajel said:
question for waitlisted, waitingtoo, Labor_Oct_2001, JustWatching, highope and anyone else with a PD prior to Dec 2001 :
was wondering if you have any updates on the 45d letters, I haven't received mine yet (PD 10/21/2001) and I'm starting to lose patience :eek:

thanks

No 45-day letter yet.

Some News

06/15/2005: Dallas Backlog Processing Center Labor Certification Approvals Reported by Attorneys

Attorneys started reporting approval of their clients' backlog labor certification applications which have been pending before the Dallas Processing Center. The DOL has yet to release the details on the adjudication of backlog labor certification applications, but reports indicate the approved cases are those which had been pending at the Regional Offices before it was transferred to the Dallas Processing Centers. Please stay tuned to this website for the new developments at the Backlog Processing Centers.

New York 2001 cases

New York state transferred cases are the oldest cases along with Maryland. Some Oct 2001 and Nov 2001 have received 45 day letter back in March. No progress has been made since then.

If FIFO is to be followed, which I believe it will be, NY 2001 cases have very good chance to be processed in year 2005. The KEY is to draw their attention to the NY cases...

unavailability of visa numbers in the Employment-Based 3rd Preference (EB3) category

I think I'm screwed!!
Have you seen this info on Murthy.com? Can anyone explain it to me?
The U.S. Department of State (DOS) July 2005 Visa Bulletin, issued June 13, 2005, reflects unavailability of visa numbers in the Employment-Based 3rd Preference (EB3) category for all countries of chargeability. This means everyone in EB3, no matter one's country of origin or priority date, is impacted by this development. The exception, where there is availability of visa numbers, is for the subcategory of Schedule A workers, which includes nurses and physical therapists

Rajel said:

thanks

Did not receive anything yet. Lawyer does not have any clue and does not seem very hopeful. One of my colleagues got approval for his Nov,2001 application.

waitlisted said:
Did not receive anything yet. Lawyer does not have any clue and does not seem very hopeful. One of my colleagues got approval for his Nov,2001 application.

Do you know was your colleague RIR? When did he receive a 45-day letter? what was his PD date

Thanks

zgubi said:
Do you know was your colleague RIR? When did he receive a 45-day letter? what was his PD date

Thanks
Yes, he had it in RIR. PD date was somewhere in NOV and no 45 day letter, his labor app is passed clear.

waitlisted said:
Yes, he had it in RIR. PD date was somewhere in NOV and no 45 day letter, his labor app is passed clear.

Are you sure that His appliation went to Phil BEC?
This approval might be from NY regional..

Rajel said:

thanks

no 45 day letter yet.......w a i t i n g....

pd oct 2001
state NY

Waiting in Anticipation

My PD is Sept 01. No letter, no reply to the status request on the email addresses being provided earlier. The lawyer is blank on the status and does not know what to suggest. I guess it is like waiting and not knowing till when. Does this sound frustrating to any...
If I have the case number is there a way to check on the status??????
Post your responses and lets share the pain n wait.

Good Luck

Has anyone contacted the NY senators to let them know our plight ? and if so what was the response ? if any ?

don't ask what others have done for U

do it yourself. I have sent complain to Elaine Chao, but not NY Senator, I dislike Shumer and Hilary, don't expect them to do anything helpful. Will update here as soon as I hear back from Chao.

New York is singled out from Phily DOL backlog center for slow processing because of lack of voice/complain from New York. Even though NY is the most backlogged state. New Jersey is doing a better job, now you see 45 day letters for NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
No response

Suhel said:
Has anyone contacted the NY senators to let them know our plight ? and if so what was the response ? if any ?

I have sent two letters to Hilary and one to Pallone (NJ). No reply for any of the letters.

It does mean if you got your LCA from the BRC after July 1st , you will not be able to apply for I-485 until October 1st of 2005 .

I do not see this issue as most of us still waiting for the LCA....

highope said:
Hi all
what is this thing about I-485 cannot be filed after 1st July...does this mean that those of us still waiting for 45-day letter will not get an EAD??? please can some one explain this??

see this
http://www.immigration-law.com/Archive XI.html

Yet another public holiday on the horizon that will slow down the non existent progress of anyone getting any 45 day letters soon ! :mad:

Hi,
My friend got the LC approved yesterday.
Filed date: Sept'2001 at NY state.
Category: RIR, EB3

The case never went to the Backlog centers. The approval came directly from the State itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.