New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
srimoorthy said:
Thanks ,, thats really something to go to INdia on 9th year ext ,, infact i didnt goto India when i was in the 6th year beg just bcos they may not allow me to come back !! hmm now i am beginning to realise that i may have miscalculated. anyone else been to India ? and got stamping at 7th or 8th year,, justwatching do you know of any more people been to india and got stampled ?
Rgds

I was in India this year. got stamped in Delhi. no issues there. just make sure you have the appointment before you go to India. Carry all the papers.

srimoorthy said:
My pd is oct 2001. Its been more than 4 years since i went to India ,, been thinking abt next year, next year and so on,, same with my wife to !!! anybody went to india and came back with 7th year or 8th year extension ? if so you need to get stamping there right ? how risky is this , ?

Very Important, carry your latest Tax filing documents (Tax returns) and the latest two pay stubs. They insist on the Tax filing documents at least in Sri Lanka.

GCby2020, You are one to admire. You must be 90% Americanized after 9 years.

As USCISisMockery said now that you have stayed for 9 years might as well get your GC. Remember you have paid lot of taxes to this country.

One thing you must remember, once you get the GC you have to enter USA every 6 months to keep the GC valid. To me if I work in my country it’s a quite an expense twice a year to bring 4 people to the USA.

Guys, its good idea to meet at "Menlo park" park at Edison, NJ this saturday around noon, to discuss our course of action. We have to act quickly when iron is hot. I am sure lot of people working in NY commute from NJ. Edison is accessible from Morristown to Jersey City to South Jersey. Spidey or somebody can held similar meeting at King of Prussia, so we will have two chapters working simultaneously, one NJ and other PA.

If we get sufficient response, we will go and set the meeting up. Once we set meeting we have to be quick spread word around because we only have 3 more days to market. Please make sure you pass on our effort to your colleague or friend who are in similar situation but don't care. Just think of it and you will come up with 10-20 victims who will attend the meeting. I am ready to meet even if we can get together 10 victims.

USCISisMockery said:
Not to be harsh on you personally, but admire (ironically) your patience till 9th year. Why didn't you start taking some action before that. Still you have time, do something, if not for you than for the community. Actively participate in the thread linked in my signature. Get out of slave mentality. If you are planning to stay in India, why not stay there after geting GC here, you worked for it so hard, get your reward and then reject it. DOn't reject it becuase you can't get it.

Hey buddy, relax. In your zeal to get DOL to work, you are presenting yourself in a offensive way. we all really appreciate what you are doing but that doesnt mean we are not contributing to the community. Scan back this and various other forums to know what I have done.

And as for rejecting GC after getting it, that is exactly what I am planning to do. Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I am likely to get my GC in next couple of months ( I complete my five years in underserved area on July 1st, 2005). Then why do I spend so much time and energy on this website, thats because I dont want any other immigrant to go through what we have gone through in last five years.

My statement about India was just to point out the ongoing progress that is finally happening after 50 years of decline that our country has gone through. It has nothing to do with my getting or not getting the GC.

Just a friendly piece of advice. I see that you have leadership potential. But if you want others to work along with you, be extra sensitive to the way you present yourself. Otherwise you will turn off the very people who are willing to fight side by side with you.

Peace.

gcby2020 said:
Hey buddy, relax. In your zeal to get DOL to work, you are presenting yourself in a offensive way. we all really appreciate what you are doing but that doesnt mean we are not contributing to the community. Scan back this and various other forums to know what I have done.

And as for rejecting GC after getting it, that is exactly what I am planning to do. Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I am likely to get my GC in next couple of months ( I complete my five years in underserved area on July 1st, 2005). Then why do I spend so much time and energy on this website, thats because I dont want any other immigrant to go through what we have gone through in last five years.

My statement about India was just to point out the ongoing progress that is finally happening after 50 years of decline that our country has gone through. It has nothing to do with my getting or not getting the GC.

Just a friendly piece of advice. I see that you have leadership potential. But if you want others to work along with you, be extra sensitive to the way you present yourself. Otherwise you will turn off the very people who are willing to fight side by side with you.

Peace.

If you are on verge of geting out of this vicious circle (geting GC) and still you are helping us, thats quite admirable. Also, thanks for the advice.
But I dont think there is anything offensive in there. (might be harsh but not offensive) .
I am following this site for atleast two years and I didn't see any big initiatives about labor backlog even though we were stuck at April 2001 for many months and years.
Anyway, lets get together and do whatever we can.

Nothing yet

I applied for labour on 5th Oct 2001. I have had no luck yet, no 45 day letter. Nothing. Anyone have an idea of how long it will still take?

Whos With Me????

hello

Seems like I have been waiting for the gc for ages!!
I filed my labor in OCT 2001 from NY, now my case has been transfered to Philli backlog center. I have not yet recieved my 45 day notice....

Does someone know how they are handling cases at these centres...i mean are they going according to the dates they recieved application or are they going randomly????

Is there anybody on this forum who has filed labor after oct 2001 from NY and has recieved the 45-day notice?

Can someone who has recieved the 45-day letter tell me what are the documents i need to keep ready for responding to it..

thanx for reading and do reply......no wisecracks...my nerves are fretting!!!!!!!!!

highhope and bel_in_nyc

Most people are still waiting for their 45-day letters so don't worry yet. It could easily be another two months before you get them.

It is very likely that your cases have been data entered into the system by now.

Processing has begun, however at this time they are focusing on Regional cases (as opposed to SWA cases).

Based on the last Backlog Center FAQ they will be incorporating SWA cases into the queue so in the near future as you get and respond to the 45-day letter you will quickly take your spot at the top of the queue.

BPC has confirmed there are two queues, one RIR and one Regular.

If your application was correct, you won't need anything to respond to the letter. If there are issues, they will tell you, at that point you can go find the relevant documents.

Find the latest version of the tracker in this forum:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

You will find you are definitely not alone. Filter by "New York SWA" in the Philly tab.

RIR to PERM

thanx justwatching,

here is another question. As mentioned earlier, I have filed my labor from New york state, under RIR category. I am in my sixth year of H1 B visa. Now if I take another job in Florida, and try for Labor certification thru' PERM would my earlier RIR application in New York still be valid??

Hello Justwatching,

Do you think they will incorporate the SWA cases soon ? I really wish that happen , that can jump our cases to the top of the queue...

JustWatching said:
Most people are still waiting for their 45-day letters so don't worry yet. It could easily be another two months before you get them.

It is very likely that your cases have been data entered into the system by now.

Processing has begun, however at this time they are focusing on Regional cases (as opposed to SWA cases).

Based on the last Backlog Center FAQ they will be incorporating SWA cases into the queue so in the near future as you get and respond to the 45-day letter you will quickly take your spot at the top of the queue.

BPC has confirmed there are two queues, one RIR and one Regular.

If your application was correct, you won't need anything to respond to the letter. If there are issues, they will tell you, at that point you can go find the relevant documents.

Find the latest version of the tracker in this forum:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

You will find you are definitely not alone. Filter by "New York SWA" in the Philly tab.

highope said:
thanx justwatching,

here is another question. As mentioned earlier, I have filed my labor from New york state, under RIR category. I am in my sixth year of H1 B visa. Now if I take another job in Florida, and try for Labor certification thru' PERM would my earlier RIR application in New York still be valid??

If your new job is with a different employer and your existing employer does not withdraw your original labor certification (or use if for another employer) you can maintain both the original LC and your PERM LC.

ahalem said:
Hello Justwatching,

Do you think they will incorporate the SWA cases soon ? I really wish that happen , that can jump our cases to the top of the queue...

Based on data entry, it is clear a significant number of SWA cases have been entered, however not enough 45-day letters have been sent out. I would expect that to happen in the next 60 - 90 days.

At that point I would expect our cases to get incorporated into the queue.

I posted this in January. I think it's probably looking like that is what will happen however, my dates seem 2 -3 months to optimistic.

JustWatching said:
I posted the message below in the Philly BEC but I wanted to add specific comments about NY....

.....................................................................................................

A POTENTIAL SCENARIO – TO BE CLEAR: I MADE THIS UP. I DIDN’T READ IT ANYWHERE AND IT IS ENDORSED BY NO ONE. IT DESCRIBES WHAT I THINK MAY HAPPEN. DATES ARE MY ESTIMATES

1) San Francisco and Philadelphia Regional entered into the system. - DONE
2) San Francisco and Philadelphia Regional 45-day letters being sent out. - NOW
3) Letters start coming back. Create PD FIFO of both SF and Philly Region - NOW
4) Atlanta Regional being entered into the system - NOW
5) San Francisco and Philadelphia Regional 45-day letters completely sent out. - DONE
6) Begin processing of oldest SF and Philly Regional cases – mid February 2005
7) Atlanta Regional cases entry completed. – end of February 2005
8) All SF and Philly Regions letters received and added to PD FIFO – March 2005
9) Atlanta Regional letters sent out. – March 2005
10) SWA cases begin entering into the system – March 2005
11) Atlanta Regional letters come back – April 2005
12) Processing now includes Philly, SF and Atlanta regions processing oldest cases first – April 2005
13) SWA letters begin to be sent out – April 2005
14) SWA letters begin to come back and added to PD FIFO – May 2005
15) Processing is now by PD FIFO which includes Philly, SF, Atlanta Regions and SWAs that have been entered into the system. – May 2005
16) All SWAs entered into the system – March 2006
17) All letters sent out. – April 2006
18) Processing is now true PD FIFO – all states all regions. – April 2006

Conclusions:

a) Some Philly, SF and Atlanta regional cases will get lucky and get processed ahead of some national (at least those that are bound to Philly BEC) older cases. As of May 2005 (IN MY PRETEND SCENARIO), older cases from SWAs such as Connecticut, DC, Georgia, Maryland, NJ, NY, and Alabama would jump to the front of the line.

b) If they data enter SWA cases from oldest to newest, true PD FIFO would be achieved by May 2005 (IN MY PRETEND SCENARIO)

DISCLAIMER: IT IS JUST A THEORY SO DON’T TAKE IT PERSONAL AND PLEASE COMMENT.

................................................................................................

So to NY what does this mean? (Who knows, they change directions every day and I have been wrong before but here is my guess anyway):

I think 2001 RIR cases from NY will begin to be processed sometime in the fall. This assumes about 10,000 - 15,000 regional cases getting processed ahead of us and 30,000 SWA cases getting processed ahead of us.

looks like its gonna be a long wait.......
anyways thanx justwatching...
the other doubt i had was that ....

can a company file for my GC using PERM, stating that I am there furture employee??

highope said:
looks like its gonna be a long wait.......
anyways thanx justwatching...
the other doubt i had was that ....

can a company file for my GC using PERM, stating that I am there furture employee??

Yes.

My GC process is in labor stage(RIR) since 2001. I am planning to start a new GC application in PERM, from a different company as a future employee.If for some reason my PERM application gets rejected, will it have an impact,on the other GC process that was initiated in 2001 ??

7th extension - proof of filing

I need to do my 7th year extension. However my attorney was not able to get the the proof of filing from both NYS DOL and PHI BEC for the past 1 and half month :( . They told me they sent out 2 requests already. Has anyone got the proof of filing recently? Any opinion is appreciatedly!

Status
Not open for further replies.