New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for 45 days letter (NY SWA:pD Feb 25, 2002)

ItsTough said:
Has anyone from NY in 2002 received any 45 day letters ?? I dont see NY moving even in the BEC... ??

BEC should change its name to Backlog Expansion Center.

It was 3 yrs for labor cert under NY SWA but now with BEC operation it may take 4+ yrs or more.

On the otherhand USCIS processing for H1 extension is super fast. I got my 8th yr extension (regular filing) approved in 12 days from Vermont center.

Good Luck to Everyone !!

gc_ny_victim
Labor: NY SWA - EB3 RIR, PD: Feb 25, 2002
H1B: 8th year

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, please let us know if you receive 45 letters

Hi, Just watching,

What's your guess for the LC process for my case?

PD: 02/28/2002 RIR

Haven't receive anything, even the 45 letters. Does anyone around my PD receive anything?

Thank you guys in advance!

Jade66 said:
Hi, Just watching,

What's your guess for the LC process for my case?

PD: 02/28/2002 RIR

Haven't receive anything, even the 45 letters. Does anyone around my PD receive anything?

Thank you guys in advance!

I posted this in the BEC Tracker forum:

Hi all,

I have modified the RIR Estimate spreadsheet.

It now has three scenarios:

1. Regional RIR cases processed first, then SWA RIR cases
2. Combined Regional and SWA RIR cases processed by PD
3. SWA RIR gets its own queue.

Remember these are estimates, I have guessed on:

1. Volumes of cases at SWA
2. Number of analysts assigned to queues
3. # of cases / analyst.
4. Processing start date

So it really is more guessing than estimating, but enjoy anyway!

There is one scenario sheet per BPC that compares when your case would be processed depending on the scenario adopted by BPC.

Time to show Strength

Justwatching, Thanks for the guestimates,

I know everyone is busy and dont have time but NOW is the time to show strength. Lets get togather and protest at DOL. I guess DOL will never do the job except keep planning some BS ideas to spend more time and money.
I am getting a feeling that They have no real intrest to do anything about it.

If we can bring the crowd to gather at NY City and do something that cathes eyes of media, It will be helpful too. Banners and Playcards would do the job.

Please come up with the idea/sugestions.

eastwest said:
Justwatching, Thanks for the guestimates,

I know everyone is busy and dont have time but NOW is the time to show strength. Lets get togather and protest at DOL. I guess DOL will never do the job except keep planning some BS ideas to spend more time and money.
I am getting a feeling that They have no real intrest to do anything about it.

If we can bring the crowd to gather at NY City and do something that cathes eyes of media, It will be helpful too. Banners and Playcards would do the job.

Please come up with the idea/sugestions.

Great Idea East West. We should all get together and do something like that. Is there an "Immigrant Day" or something where we all can get together?

Lankaputhra said:
Great Idea East West. We should all get together and do something like that. Is there an "Immigrant Day" or something where we all can get together?

I am in guys. Let's plan a day and place. This is a great idea to bring everyone's attention about on going white collar slavery(slavery H1 is going through). I have been thinking about this since long but wasn't sure who would support. I would even go to a extent of demonstrating in front of white house if supported by H1 friends.

nashgreat said:
I am in guys. Let's plan a day and place. This is a great idea to bring everyone's attention about on going white collar slavery(slavery H1 is going through). I have been thinking about this since long but wasn't sure who would support. I would even go to a extent of demonstrating in front of white house if supported by H1 friends.

Not bad idea but before that we need to measure how much media is interested, if it is. Most of the red states thinks that H1bs are real cause of unemployment and outsourcing. We don't want to be ignored because of their ignorance.

So I think we should start with sending letters/emails to editors of New York TImes, Wall street Journal, Washington Times...
Even if they give us a paragraph of exposure, thats enough to draw everybody's attention. Then, when iron is hot, we should plan of demonstration.

Go to the link in my signature for email addresses.

What do you think?

Dear Just Watching:

I know you have three scenarios of processingm but what do you think is the most likely case? If not, when do you think we will know the procedure that they follow? I know peple were expecting that BEC will finish all the entering the cases in the system by this summer, do you think that's really happening?
Won't they do anything until they finish entering all the cases?

Thanks,

j_ha

JustWatching said:

Hi all,

3. # of cases / analyst.
4. Processing start date

There is one scenario sheet per BPC that compares when your case would be processed depending on the scenario adopted by BPC.

j_ha said:
Dear Just Watching:

I know you have three scenarios of processingm but what do you think is the most likely case? If not, when do you think we will know the procedure that they follow? I know peple were expecting that BEC will finish all the entering the cases in the system by this summer, do you think that's really happening?
Won't they do anything until they finish entering all the cases?

Thanks,

j_ha

First let me say at least the Dallas BPC seems to be processing cases (which is irrelevant to us) but this may be an indication of what Philly may (or should be doing). So I don't think they will wait to finish data entry before starting to process cases.

In my opinion (based on nothing other than that) is that likelihood is (highest to lowest):

1) Two queues: one for RIR, one for Regular - Regional and SWA cases combined.

2) Regional cases processed first, SWA cases second.

3) SWA RIR gets its own queue.

JustWatching said:

Hi all,

3. # of cases / analyst.
4. Processing start date

JustWatching,

That is some serious analysis.......Your motivation level after 3+ years of wait is truly amazing. Keep it going buddy....

srikums said:
JustWatching,

That is some serious analysis.......Your motivation level after 3+ years of wait is truly amazing. Keep it going buddy....

It's like therapy for me. It has also helped me along the way to make desicions (or not) on job opportunities and PERM refilings.

JustWatching: Your 45 day letter received?

It looks like most November 2001 RIR 45 day letters have been received and replied. Your priority date 11/14/2001 RIR, right?

richshi said:
It looks like most November 2001 RIR 45 day letters have been received and replied. Your priority date 11/14/2001 RIR, right?

Unfortunately I have not received 45-day letter. Letters are not sent in order of PD, for NY SWA it does look that they did start with oldest RIR cases but then they stopped. I think in May/June we will se more NY SWA 45-day letters coming our way.

Finally got permission from HR to speak directly with the lawyers, here is what I got. Not too optimistic, but its what the lawyers are seeing...

1. With regards to BEC and FIFO, the lawyers have requested clarification but have not received any info... they don't even know if its 'first to BEC or first PD'

2. NY/Philly area - they don't have an answer on why they are not getting 45 day letters, but it looks like other regions are getting letters, just not the NY (Philly BEC)

3. PERM web site for filing is constantly going down

That's basically what I got, take it for what its worth... just reminds me of the superbowl ads with the chimps...

Thanks a lot, JustWatching.
Based on your opinion, looks like I will hear something by Oct/Nov this year ( My PD is 2/28/02, NY). I just hope they did not lose my documents in last 3+ years.

j_ha

USCISisMockery said:
Not bad idea but before that we need to measure how much media is interested, if it is. Most of the red states thinks that H1bs are real cause of unemployment and outsourcing. We don't want to be ignored because of their ignorance.

So I think we should start with sending letters/emails to editors of New York TImes, Wall street Journal, Washington Times...
Even if they give us a paragraph of exposure, thats enough to draw everybody's attention. Then, when iron is hot, we should plan of demonstration.

Go to the link in my signature for email addresses.

Trust me guys though certain community or states think h1 or new immigrants are threat and immigration is priviledge not a right, I think having paid taxes for so many years with no benefits and uncertain future ahead of us, this is the best way to bring up our concirns to the community. I wouldn't be surprised if many citizens will come forward to help us. We should have website where we invite all (immigrants & non immigrants) to participate in the cause and if we get even about 200 supporters, we should be good to have first round of demonstration in NY. I wouldn't even worry about media at present. When we fix demonstration date/place, we should just call media, including Indian New Papers/TV and m sure they will come. Even if 20% turn up, we won the battle. Our goal is to communicate the government that we deserve to be here as we are one of the strong back bone of this country and given an opportunity we will help you build stronger America.

nashgreat said:
Trust me guys though certain community or states think h1 or new immigrants are threat and immigration is priviledge not a right, I think having paid taxes for so many years with no benefits and uncertain future ahead of us, this is the best way to bring up our concirns to the community. I wouldn't be surprised if many citizens will come forward to help us. We should have website where we invite all (immigrants & non immigrants) to participate in the cause and if we get even about 200 supporters, we should be good to have first round of demonstration in NY. I wouldn't even worry about media at present. When we fix demonstration date/place, we should just call media, including Indian New Papers/TV and m sure they will come. Even if 20% turn up, we won the battle. Our goal is to communicate the government that we deserve to be here as we are one of the strong back bone of this country and given an opportunity we will help you build stronger America.

I am sure the TV media will give some coverage if we inform them. Last Sunday Night ( Apr 24th) on CNN Presents.. They aired a program under the title “Immigrant Nation, Divided Country”. Of course this was about illegal immigrants entering USA. In that it was discussed how this is affecting the taxpayers money. It was presented by the CNN correspondent Maria Hinojosa. I am sure they will be interested in something like “Our Problem”.

FYI, this program will be aired again on the 30th (Sat) at 6 a.m., 8 p.m., 11 p.m. on CNN.

JustWatching said:
It's like therapy for me. It has also helped me along the way to make desicions (or not) on job opportunities and PERM refilings.

PERM is not magic key to problem that DOL couldn't solve in several years. PERM is mirage.

j_ha said:
Thanks a lot, JustWatching.
Based on your opinion, looks like I will hear something by Oct/Nov this year ( My PD is 2/28/02, NY). I just hope they did not lose my documents in last 3+ years.

j_ha

We have to co-ordinate our efforts. We need more volunteers who can raise awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.