New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
USCISisMockery said:
PERM is not magic key to problem that DOL couldn't solve in several years. PERM is mirage.

My decision to go with PERM has little to do with speed. There are specific things to my case that made us look at PERM as a possibility.

While we wait....

Hi all,

I think I should change my name from JustWatching to JustSpeculating, because here is more of that...

Processing Order at Philly Backlog Center

Does it matter? Why does it matter? It matters to an extent because it could be difference between getting your LC a few months earlier.

Once past the LC stage though...here is some interesting information:

- Cases from for Regions are going to Philly Backlog Center: Atlanta, Boston, NewYork and Philadelphia. I am referring to the regions themselves not the fact that the cases went to those regional offices.

- However only cases from Boston, New York and Philadelphia Regions are going to Vermont Service Center.

- So San Franscico DOL and Atlanta DOL cases getting out of the Philly BPC before us do not affect our place in line at the VSC (This is good news)

- Due to the setup of Labor Backlog Centers, LC approvals all but some going from Boston DOL and New York DOL have dried up. This means that from October 2004 - April 2005 (and probably a couple more months) the number of I-140 and I-485 applications probably fell significantly as well.

- Based on what I see in the VSC forums. I believe that the majority of cases filed in 2004 will be complete by end of June 2005. i.e. the VSC processing update will say something like I-140 = May 2005 and I-485 = December 2004.

- Due to the low volume of applications in 2005. I think that the VSC updates for end of August 2005 will say something like I-140 = July 2005 and I-485 = May 2005.

So for us 2001 filers, I would like to HOPE on 4-6 month waits to get GC after LC is approved.

If you look at the Estimates spreadsheet you will see that depending on the scenario I am speculating on October 2005 - March 2006 LC approval. If we take the worst case scenario, March 2006 + 6 months to get I-140/I-485 approved we will be the happy owners of a GC by September of 2006. 5 years to GC for us 2001 RIR filers.

As always I am speculating/guessing...

Justwatching - Your speculation is more logical and reasonable. Please keep doing it especially when we dont have any clue or updated from any reliable source your reasoning helps us to set an expectation. Thanks

as usual great analysis , thank you for all the affords and time spent on that.

One question: did you put in consideration cases approved by PREM , would not that effect the time lines for VSC I-485 and I-140 ?

JustWatching said:
Hi all,

I think I should change my name from JustWatching to JustSpeculating, because here is more of that...

Processing Order at Philly Backlog Center

Does it matter? Why does it matter? It matters to an extent because it could be difference between getting your LC a few months earlier.

Once past the LC stage though...here is some interesting information:

- Cases from for Regions are going to Philly Backlog Center: Atlanta, Boston, NewYork and Philadelphia. I am referring to the regions themselves not the fact that the cases went to those regional offices.

- However only cases from Boston, New York and Philadelphia Regions are going to Vermont Service Center.

- So San Franscico DOL and Atlanta DOL cases getting out of the Philly BPC before us do not affect our place in line at the VSC (This is good news)

- Due to the setup of Labor Backlog Centers, LC approvals all but some going from Boston DOL and New York DOL have dried up. This means that from October 2004 - April 2005 (and probably a couple more months) the number of I-140 and I-485 applications probably fell significantly as well.

- Based on what I see in the VSC forums. I believe that the majority of cases filed in 2004 will be complete by end of June 2005. i.e. the VSC processing update will say something like I-140 = May 2005 and I-485 = December 2004.

- Due to the low volume of applications in 2005. I think that the VSC updates for end of August 2005 will say something like I-140 = July 2005 and I-485 = May 2005.

So for us 2001 filers, I would like to HOPE on 4-6 month waits to get GC after LC is approved.

If you look at the Estimates spreadsheet you will see that depending on the scenario I am speculating on October 2005 - March 2006 LC approval. If we take the worst case scenario, March 2006 + 6 months to get I-140/I-485 approved we will be the happy owners of a GC by September of 2006. 5 years to GC for us 2001 RIR filers.

As always I am speculating/guessing...

JustWatching, I appreciate what you are doing with Tracker, but I totally disagree with your speculation.
Since NY swa (and NJ swa) started moving forward from April 2001, all our guesses and speculations have been proved wrong. You just can't predict when it comes to DOL, even DOL themselves couldn't adhere to their schedule (data entering all the application within nominal time). I am so surprised to see that many of us still have faith in DOL. Its just mute point speculating 2nd stage where you can't predict 1st stage. Sorry for being harsh, but I am frustrated by patience in some of you.

USCISisMockery said:
JustWatching, I appreciate what you are doing with Tracker, but I totally disagree with your speculation.
Since NY swa (and NJ swa) started moving forward from April 2001, all our guesses and speculations have been proved wrong. You just can't predict when it comes to DOL, even DOL themselves couldn't adhere to their schedule (data entering all the application within nominal time). I am so surprised to see that many of us still have faith in DOL. Its just mute point speculating 2nd stage where you can't predict 1st stage. Sorry for being harsh, but I am frustrated by patience in some of you.

Your opinions/points of view are valid. That is why I qualify my posts as "speculation" and "guesses". You are right it could be a while before we get our LCs.

I understand the frustration of MANY as their job conditions are not ideal and are being exploited by their employers.

I am fortunately not in that situation. I am with my employer because I have career progression, I am paid well and they are sponsoring my GC. My spouse is home with the kids (and that is where she wants to be right now). I own my home, etc.

My labor was in fact submitted with a level above the one I had because we knew it would take time to get approved.

So while I look forward to getting my GC, I continue to live my life.

Having said all that, is it frustrating that it's been 3 1/2 years since then?, you bet, but in MY CASE that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahalem said:
as usual great analysis , thank you for all the affords and time spent on that.

One question: did you put in consideration cases approved by PREM , would not that effect the time lines for VSC I-485 and I-140 ?

PERM approvals? Not for a while I don't think. Any respectable lawyer is not going to submit PERM applications until late summer once all the glitches and questions settle down.

In addition, with the restrictions that DOL has put on the online registration process (i.e. employers need to register and then provide sub-accounts for attorneys) a good number of PERM applications are going to be done by mail. Which translates into more delays..

So if you ask me, we are probably going see few PERM approvals in 3rd qtr of 2005, an increase in 4th qtr 2005 and it won't be until 2006 that we will see "normal" levels of LC applications.

Pretty pathetic....

So USCISisMockery's comments made me think, if I really don't care that much, why do I spend so much time on this forum?

- I like to read. So I find answers to people's questions.

- I am a consultant, it's in my blood to try to fix things.

BTW, I searched for my first post, you should all do the same - it's like looking at your baby picture. Here's my first post:

Does anyone know:

If NY SESA has ever published what their backlog is by category by month? Do they know?

NY SESA monitors this website?

I read about the letter that some of you are suggesting, some thoughts:

I think there is a better chance if we provide some solutions vs. just complain, even if they are off the wall.

Has anyone asked their lawyers if any negative repercussions could come to those that 'support' the letter?

How about a volunteer program, help with data entry, even help them build web status capabilities. It's not like there isn't a few IT people waiting for labor certifications.

How about donations? I don't know about you but I would be willing to throw a few (or a lot) dollars their way if they could process it faster (I know some of you think, why should we...that is why it's called a donation).

Just some thoughts

BTW - my mailing date - Nov '01

It was about writing a letter! Date of posting: June 18, 2003.

I guess there is a difference between "desperation" and "inpatience". I may be getting inpatient, not desperate.

JustWatching and others,

Wow , that was long time ago, I still remember about that letter. I had very bad draft and you got it in really good shape, thank you :)

You are right, we can not stop our life because of the labor issue , we already took the biggest risk by moving from our home countries to USA.
Its painfully to be in this position for more then 3 years as for many of us. But when all of you think about it for while, we are in much better positions then people who got lied off or crossed the 6 years H1B limit before Act 21 and had to leave the country.

This forum is to share information, news and even rumors…. And my post does not apply to any of these items, but I am just cheering up , everybody have great weekend and once a day all of us will be desperate for why the citizenship letter is delayed :)

NY Labor status (Non-RIR)

Hi,

Question -- any idea how far BEC (or otherwise) has reached with regard to Non-RIR cases. Anybody in this group received 45 day letters? any approvals?

My case was filed in Sept 02. I am trying to see if there has been any progress. Any light at the end of the tunnel...?

Thanks much!!

Query - Please help

Hi can someone please advise me on below query?

I am on 7th Year H1b extension.

I would like jump to another company who are ready to start my labor on PERM. Will they be able to use my current H1B to convert to theirs for the remaining period of 7th Year (so that I can work for them immediately)? Or I will have to wait till I get Work permit through PERM to work for the second company?

Do I have any other option to start work for the other company immediately?

Thanks. :confused:

NJJul2002 said:
Hi can someone please advise me on below query?

I am on 7th Year H1b extension.

I would like jump to another company who are ready to start my labor on PERM. Will they be able to use my current H1B to convert to theirs for the remaining period of 7th Year (so that I can work for them immediately)? Or I will have to wait till I get Work permit through PERM to work for the second company?

Do I have any other option to start work for the other company immediately?

Thanks. :confused:

Yes, they could take your H1B to start working with them.

But, BUT....

PERM is a very new process, many things to be sorted out including what is approvable. There is a real risk in pursuing PERM as it relates to your 8th year H1B extension. Unless your original LC is not withdrawn and your exisitng employer continues to support you.

waiting_toolong said:
Hi,

Question -- any idea how far BEC (or otherwise) has reached with regard to Non-RIR cases. Anybody in this group received 45 day letters? any approvals?

My case was filed in Sept 02. I am trying to see if there has been any progress. Any light at the end of the tunnel...?

Thanks much!!

Some 45-day letters have been sent to both RIR and non-RIR cases. For RIR some came in the Oct '01 - Nov'01 range but not all cases in this range, For non-RIR, it has been April '01 letters.

Regardless of what order BPCs process cases (Regional vs SWA I mean) I honestly don't think you will see approval until well into 2006. Your 45-day letter I think you may see in the summer but who knows BPCs are all over the map right now.

Any 45Day Letters Received for DEC01

Hi ! All,
Has anyone from Dec01 received their 45-Day Letter in the RIR category of NY. Justwatching could you please tell me when should I be getting the 45-Day Letter. My PD is 12/14/01.

Thanks

anyone to India on 7th or 8th year ext

My pd is oct 2001. Its been more than 4 years since i went to India ,, been thinking abt next year, next year and so on,, same with my wife to !!! anybody went to india and came back with 7th year or 8th year extension ? if so you need to get stamping there right ? how risky is this , ?

LC_DEC said:
Hi ! All,
Has anyone from Dec01 received their 45-Day Letter in the RIR category of NY. Justwatching could you please tell me when should I be getting the 45-Day Letter. My PD is 12/14/01.

Thanks

According to the tracker, no Dec '01 letters yet for NY SWA.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

It is very hard to speculate on letter arrivals, It seems it is a stop and go effort. However I do think that as soon as letters start going out again NY SWA 2001 will be next - next 60 days maybe. I'm really guessing here guys.

srimoorthy said:
My pd is oct 2001. Its been more than 4 years since i went to India ,, been thinking abt next year, next year and so on,, same with my wife to !!! anybody went to india and came back with 7th year or 8th year extension ? if so you need to get stamping there right ? how risky is this , ?

I am on my ninth year of H1. Just got it stamped in Bomaby without much much problem. Just carry all your documents with you and a proof that you have started your GC process more than 365 days back. Why do they do they need it when USCIS has already given you the extension, nobody really knows. But they did ask me that. Hope this helps. Schedule your trip to India. PArticularly if you are going after 4 years you will find to be a totally new country. SO much so that me and my wife almost decided not to come back to US.

gcby2020 said:
sorry for all the typos in above post.

Not to be harsh on you personally, but admire (ironically) your patience till 9th year. Why didn't you start taking some action before that. Still you have time, do something, if not for you than for the community. Actively participate in the thread linked in my signature. Get out of slave mentality. If you are planning to stay in India, why not stay there after geting GC here, you worked for it so hard, get your reward and then reject it. DOn't reject it becuase you can't get it.

7th year 8th year travel to India

Thanks ,, thats really something to go to INdia on 9th year ext ,, infact i didnt goto India when i was in the 6th year beg just bcos they may not allow me to come back !! hmm now i am beginning to realise that i may have miscalculated. anyone else been to India ? and got stamping at 7th or 8th year,, justwatching do you know of any more people been to india and got stampled ?
Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.