New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is from NJ forum, someone from NJ has to help us so that we can put NJ info also into our excel sheet

teky

Move to NY Regional

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

My labor application has moved to NY regional on the July 16th.

NJ Recd on April 1st 2002.

Thanks so much guys. Some of your feedback was very helpful.

Teky.

Verant123
Today we have very very less response from New Yorkers,

Good to know that NJ State Labor dept helping us to make a move from NJ to NY
----------------------------------------
verant123 said:
this is from NJ forum, someone from NJ has to help us so that we can put NJ info also into our excel sheet

teky

Move to NY Regional

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

My labor application has moved to NY regional on the July 16th.

NJ Recd on April 1st 2002.

Thanks so much guys. Some of your feedback was very helpful.

Teky.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes nivasch,
our NY people didnt have any updates as though AVM is not working today
but NJ cases are moving to regional that's good sign for you guys.

please NY / NJ folks come and participate

Not looking good for us

ahalem,

Just came back from the New York DOL tracker forum (gc99999....).

He posted some info on transfers. I speculated, go look.

I'm thinking that unless the Backlog Reduction Program picks up New York we won't be seeing our cases approved until the end of the year - best case scenario. (For everyone, that would be November 2001 cases).

That assumes our cases get transferred in 1 month to Regional.

Ask for help.

I am a silent watcher of this thread. Thank your guys for sharing a lot of useful information. I have a scenerio asking for your guys' help.
I filed my LC RIR from NY state in May 2003, I am quite frustrated by the slow process in NY state. This week, I got an offer from California. The job is about the same as what I am doing now. From the career perspective, it might be better than current one. Obviously, I have to refile the labor from California if I accept the offer. Do you guys think it is worthy while to have a try? BTW, I only have 2 and half years left for my 6-year H-1 Visa. Your opinions are highly appreciated.

bluewvs said:
I am a silent watcher of this thread. Thank your guys for sharing a lot of useful information. I have a scenerio asking for your guys' help.
I filed my LC RIR from NY state in May 2003, I am quite frustrated by the slow process in NY state. This week, I got an offer from California. The job is about the same as what I am doing now. From the career perspective, it might be better than current one. Obviously, I have to refile the labor from California if I accept the offer. Do you guys think it is worthy while to have a try? BTW, I only have 2 and half years left for my 6-year H-1 Visa. Your opinions are highly appreciated.

If your CA employer is BIG and GOOD ..
Then Go ahead and join..

To bluewvs

bluewvs said:

Well,

Backlog Centers aside,

If you stay here you have about 2 more years to wait to get LC approved.

If you go to California, and apply immediately, you are looking at 1 year in SWA and 18 months in Regional, total of 2 1/2 years.

Now, who knows what USCIS will be doing in two years as it relates to I-140/I-485. As of today, concurrent in California is a lot faster.

So from a timing perspective I don't know that you will gain much or lose much by doing one or the other. I would suggest you go for what makes more sense career-wise. In either case you have enough time on your H-1 to then either get extensions during LC or EAD once in USCIS steps.

Also look at which company has a better shot (track record) of getting green cards approved.

if the job is stable and they will support your case also you do not feel comfartable with your current employer for the next 3 years, its the time to change now , do not waste any min

bluewvs said:

This is no good , I was hoping for faster response from the DOL after the transfer , but why do you think it would take 6 months after that to process our cases , assuming hopefully we will move next month to Regional ?

JustWatching said:
ahalem,

Just came back from the New York DOL tracker forum (gc99999....).

He posted some info on transfers. I speculated, go look.

I'm thinking that unless the Backlog Reduction Program picks up New York we won't be seeing our cases approved until the end of the year - best case scenario. (For everyone, that would be November 2001 cases).

That assumes our cases get transferred in 1 month to Regional.

ahalem said:
This is no good , I was hoping for faster response from the DOL after the transfer , but why do you think it would take 6 months after that to process our cases , assuming hopefully we will move next month to Regional ?

Well, more like 5 months = 1 month more in SWA + 4 more in Regional

i dont know why now Regional is taking more time, before that it was current may be becoz of no cases comes to them
but now they are getting tons of cases, that's why they are still doing april 2004 cases

verant123 said:
i dont know why now Regional is taking more time, before that it was current may be becoz of no cases comes to them
but now they are getting tons of cases, that's why they are still doing april 2004 cases

The did receive more cases in April than usual but only 30-50% more - which would mean about an additiona 1/2 month or so.

Maybe the "computer glitch" we heard about was true and they fell behind.

It doesn't seem like they would have enough man-power (people-power for the politically correct) to pick up the pace and catch-up. I think the time lost will not be made up.

i can understand what your saying but its tough to stay until that time in jobs too right.

if suppose a query replied to state DOL sent now, then those guys in state DOL takes another 2 weeks to check and send to regional.
then regional will take 4 or 5 more months man
so ots total 6 moths but you never know that regioanl will also issue another RFE.then ??
gone with the wind

i dont know about my position man.its really depressed and ridiculous the way NY State/Regional people are doing

Although that really looks bad, but it is consistence : 3 years to process a labor department certification in NY state, the risk is really when other issues show up like elections , change of administrations , RFE .........

JustWatching said:
Well, more like 5 months = 1 month more in SWA + 4 more in Regional

Did any body access NY DOL AVM today ??
If Yes, any new cases approved in APRIL.......
I try to access but it is BUSY...............

I am getting busy tone too , GC99s did you have any luck with that ?

nivasch said:
Did any body access NY DOL AVM today ??
If Yes, any new cases approved in APRIL.......
I try to access but it is BUSY...............

I was able to access today & checked cases received on July 15 th.
I have posted the details in the thread for NY DOL started by gc999999

02509150 - 02509240 received on July 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.