New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is implemented , then it will be one of our worst news for now. But i really doubt as the letter date goes back to March 2003 and we have passed more than 7 months now.

I dont think it will happen.

Another letter

Guys,

I took some of the things in the original letter and drafted a new letter. Let me know what you think.

If you are ok with the letter I have some homework for all of you

- Please comment on the letter, comments welcome
- Think of other ideas on how to reduce the backlog
- Keep adding to the list of people that would receive the letter
- I would like to add a paragraph on unemployment rates for New York for professionals, i.e. try to prove that jobs are not being taken from American citizens and that approving labor certs is not a negative thing. If anyone can get the statistics that would be great.
- Approval and denial rates of labor certifications in New York - I want to do a statistical analysis on what the risk is of selectively processing claims and approving without detailed review.

Here you go

I just fixed an obviouse typo.

Good work, Justwatching.

I think it is a good letter to send to the head of NY SWA. Adding statistics will be certainly convincing. SESA should be changed to SWA, right?

If this is sent to the media, I think we need first explain the whole process and related law (245(i), RIR, etc) a little bit in detail, secondly we need to emphasize the difference between legals (respect the law, pay taxes) and the illegals. Thirdly our contributions to the economy and our personnal stresses related to the process.

In short, I think these will stir some interest in the media.

Next version of the letter

All,

Attached is a new version with the letter with some of your comments and some more detail as well as contact info.

By the way, if somebody could call Wall Street Journal at 609 520-4000 to find who we should send the letter to.

Also, I know some of you want to contrast illegal immigrants vs legal immigrants and how legals pay taxes and illegals do not, this is not entirely accurate have not added for this reason. I also want to as much as possible put a positive spin on the letter .

Keep the comments coming. Post comments and I will update and post new version.

Finally, does anyone have an immigration lawyer that could take a look at the letter and make sure that whether it may help or not that it will not negatively impact any of us - I doubt it but it does not hurt to ask.

Let's give it one more week for feedback and then send out.

A volunteer to send the letter out to the different recipients would be welcome. Especially someone that works and lives in New York - only New York residents can mail NY senators and get a response.

Hey Guys,

Great Job from JustWatching, Thanks for your time and afford.

here is more contact information:

American Immigration Lawyers Association
------------------------------------------------------
Palma R. Yanni, Washington, DC - President, pyanni@aila.org
Deborah J. Notkin, New York, NY - 1st Vice President , dnotkin@aila.org
Jeanne A. Butterfield, Esq., Executive Director, executive@aila.org
John L. "Jack" Pinnix, Raleigh, NC - Immediate Past President, jpinnix@aila.org
Jeanne A. Butterfield, Washington, DC Executive Director, jbutterfield@aila.org
Denyse Sabagh, Washington, DC - General Counsel , dsabagh@aila.org

I would say these guys are very well connected to the media and the politics on DC.

I will be adding more soon

WSJ editor covering immigration

guys,
the editor at the WSJ covering immigration seems to be Michael Schroeder at mike.schroeder@wsj.com .

I just did a search on the online journal site and he wrote an article on the new H1-b cap on 10/27/03, so he seems to be the right guy to send the letter to.

Hope this helps. I'll try to research some more relevant journalist...i do have some connections.

Guys,
Any comments on the letter ? its almost a week since it has been published...

Also any one called the labor dept lately ?

The Letter

I am going to make a few more edits to the letter this weekend.

We still need someone to volunteer to deliver the letter .

No other suggestions to help reduce the backlog? We can't just complain and not offer some solutions.

Justwatching,

I think its just me and you in this thread, any how , number "i" , item "c" , Consistent monthly progress updates , the Labor department already doing that , it might need to give more detail.

I think beside contributions, splitting 245(i) cases from ours , there is nothing else can be done.

Waiting for your update on the letter and thanks

Change subject on thread

Can someone please change the subject of this thread.....
It is misleading and frustrating...........:confused:

Re: Change subject on thread

Originally posted by Pregnant
Can someone please change the subject of this thread.....
It is misleading and frustrating...........:confused:

And I thought Maryland was the worst one..
we are finally moving now.

Good luck to you guys

Re: Lets not give up

Now we should really get the letter out . This is not fair to people from NY. Spring 2004....thats crazy

6 more months to go

Guys i just called 212-621-9374(NY DOL) and they are still processing April 30. The lady told that it will be atleast 6 more months before they finish April 30.

This is Nuts...... But who cares here for us... ......

Guys I wrote a letter to Clinton

Here is the email text.:-

What is needed to every one here send emails.... Then only people here will listen. If we just sit idle and post our views here, nothing is going to happen... Take Action guys.....
================================================

Dear Madam,

Thanks for the great work you have always done and I have always seen you as a charasmatic leader in this country.

I would like to take a moment to point to you the issues pending with New York DOL Alien Labor Certification.
NYDOL has been processing April 2001 cases for last 2 and half years and it looks like they will take another year to move to May 2001.

This is causing pain to me and thousands to Workers who are eagerly waiting for ther immigration.

Please do look into this issue and help expedite the processing faster.

Thanks for your time and cooperations...

Regards
Bharat Prakash

I wrote an email to Clinton too.

Thank sankat_mochan for the link. I also sent an email to all people I know who is waiting LC in NY and ask them to do the same. NY SWA doesn't do their job well. It's unacceptable. We've got to do something.

Another issue is the HR 3271 we talked before. If it becomes law, it will create a hill at 485 phase, just like what 245i did for our LCs. We need to do something for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.