New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
kohls said:
Is there a way to skip like 20 cases on that phone line ? Looks like my company has lots of cases... mine is probably 50th on the queue...
I always press lots of 2's and check the case no again press 2's and on and on..

Sorry for delay, I was travelling a bit recently. Responding to your request: that's what I got in the letter from my lawyer: forwarded to Regional DOL on May 12. Confirmed. It's been almost 3 years... Hard to believe. Just a piece of paper for somebody to take look at. Well, I am through this gate. See ya!

Discontinuation of Domestic Visa Revalidation Services

I dont know what are these guys upto. One more shock to our community. Think of the difficult situations we are going to face. Now we have to go to either CANADA/MAXICO or india to stamp our visas. SHITTTTT.
AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ! GOD DAMN IT!.
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

jani2711 said:
I dont know what are these guys upto. One more shock to our community. Think of the difficult situations we are going to face. Now we have to go to either CANADA/MAXICO or india to stamp our visas. SHITTTTT.
AND WE CANT DO ANYTHING ! GOD DAMN IT!.
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html

SHITT SHITT SHITTTT !

These guys are just going berserk !

What do they think ? All we have to do while waiting for GC is keep filling out forms and keep visiting outside US to keep the stamp on ?????????

Horrible. Idiot W !

kohls said:
SHITT SHITT SHITTTT !

These guys are just going berserk !

What do they think ? All we have to do while waiting for GC is keep filling out forms and keep visiting outside US to keep the stamp on ?????????

Horrible. Idiot W !

U know what? I m more scared of a situation where u leave the country to get it stamped and for any shitty , f...ing reason they dont give u the visa or ask u to come back with some missing document in their eyes ... what are u gonna do ? now u are sitting in a different country wondering about assets and liabilities in this country.
WHAT THE F... !!!!!!!!!

Visa Revalidation

1>I think Until we have a valid I94 status, we need not worry about visa revalidation.. but if we need to travel out side US,then we have to get a new visa stamped before entering to US
2>if we have Advance parole approved with a I485/AOS application pending then we need not get a new visa stamped before entering to US

AM I MISSING ANY THING HERE?

jani2711 said:
U know what? I m more scared of a situation where u leave the country to get it stamped and for any shitty , f...ing reason they dont give u the visa or ask u to come back with some missing document in their eyes ... what are u gonna do ? now u are sitting in a different country wondering about assets and liabilities in this country.
WHAT THE F... !!!!!!!!!

Exactly my thoughts - these guys need to be somewhat humane. Who do they think come here to toil and pay taxes to thier country ?

kohls said:
Exactly my thoughts - these guys need to be somewhat humane. Who do they think come here to toil and pay taxes to thier country ?

I don't understand. For what all a Legal Immigrant paying taxes without the provision for Social security needs to fight for, in this Country????
Revalidating H visas within US is one of the basic provision that they could have provided, they want to snatch that too.

I'm relavidating H visa within US for the last 6 yrs. Now they they want us to go to cananda/mexico to get it revaldiated.

1>I think Until we have a valid I94 status, we need not worry about visa revalidation.. but if we need to travel out side US,then we have to get a new visa stamped before entering to US
2>if we have Advance parole approved with a I485/AOS application pending then we need not get a new visa stamped before entering to US

As long as your petition is valid, you are LEGALLY entitled to stay in the US, whether your visa is current or expired. Your visa's validity matters only if you need to travel outside the US and come back here. In that case, you would need to apply in your consulate back home and I'd suggest doing it no later than 1 year after your visa's expiration date (I don't remember the exact reason stated by my lawyer but I think that after a year, your visa's reissuance wasn't considered as a revalidation anymore, which means that you will be queued in the annual quotas for H1b visa). In case your petition has expired but you haven't spent your 6 years maximum period on H1, you can apply for an extension domestically (mine was filed under premium processing guidelines and took about a month to complete; fyi, I think it's takes about 4 months to extend it under regular processing).

Once we all get our LCs approved (hopefully :rolleyes: ), it should take us about 4 months (referring to current processing times) to get our EADs and APs. The APs should serve as a "visa" to get us in and out from the country.
Also, keep in mind that as long as you don't use your EAD and as long as your visa is valid, you can keep on travelling in and out of the country using your visa (no need to present your AP). That means that you can still ask for your EAD and AP right after filing concurrently your I140/485 but you won't need to use them unless you decide to leave your sponsoring company. Speaking of which, it's highly recommended to make sure that :
- your I140 is approved
- your I485 is filed more than 6 months
before deciding to leave your company.

All these infos were gathered from my lawyer except the underlined statements. Back to our H1 jobs now ! :D

Great info

Rajel said:

As long as your petition is valid, you are LEGALLY entitled to stay in the US, whether your visa is current or expired. Your visa's validity matters only if you need to travel outside the US and come back here. In that case, you would need to apply in your consulate back home and I'd suggest doing it no later than 1 year after your visa's expiration date (I don't remember the exact reason stated by my lawyer but I think that after a year, your visa's reissuance wasn't considered as a revalidation anymore, which means that you will be queued in the annual quotas for H1b visa). In case your petition has expired but you haven't spent your 6 years maximum period on H1, you can apply for an extension domestically (mine was filed under premium processing guidelines and took about a month to complete; fyi, I think it's takes about 4 months to extend it under regular processing).

Once we all get our LCs approved (hopefully :rolleyes: ), it should take us about 4 months (referring to current processing times) to get our EADs and APs. The APs should serve as a "visa" to get us in and out from the country.
Also, keep in mind that as long as you don't use your EAD and as long as your visa is valid, you can keep on travelling in and out of the country using your visa (no need to present your AP). That means that you can still ask for your EAD and AP right after filing concurrently your I140/485 but you won't need to use them unless you decide to leave your sponsoring company. Speaking of which, it's highly recommended to make sure that :
- your I140 is approved
- your I485 is filed more than 6 months
before deciding to leave your company.

All these infos were gathered from my lawyer except the underlined statements. Back to our H1 jobs now ! :D

Great info Rajel !
So is the bottomlin "once u have LC cleared, I140/485 filed and u have AP/EAD and u are staying with the same company, then u dont need visa to go in and out of the country' ?
If thats true then its not that bad.. atlest for those whose LC will be cleared in next 6 months.

jani2711 said:
Great info Rajel !
So is the bottomlin "once u have LC cleared, I140/485 filed and u have AP/EAD and u are staying with the same company, then u dont need visa to go in and out of the country' ?
If thats true then its not that bad.. atlest for those whose LC will be cleared in next 6 months.

i dont think so, first of all these DOL has to clear our labors,then we can think of second stage

maybe after sometime they may once again start revalidation,they stopped only becoz of biometric entry means they want our finger prints when we come to this country once we visit our home countries

it may change,dont worry about this revalidation
definetly it costs us more, we are paying them all our money as taxes and social security afrom past 6 years without failing a month
still we are here just waitinf or labor to clear dont know whereabouts of our cases
is that these NY DOL guys will process or they'll send to backlog centers.

Yes, that's correct. But as verant mentionned, you should keep in mind this approximate timeline before shouting victory (these timelines are my own approximations based on chatting with different people and infos gathered from this site as well, btw plenty of kudos to JustWatching for that purpose ;) :
- for people like me with a PD late october, I expect the NY State to process my case 2 months from now
- then, I expect our Regional fellows to spend another couple of months to give their blessing
- Add another month to get all the paperworks ready to file for I140/I485/EAD/AP
- Add another 4 months to get EAD and AP processed
That makes about 9 months before I can get permission to get in and out of the country (not to mention that AP is valid only for 1 year and needs to be asked every year :eek:
So unless you don't expect to travel for the next 9 months and your PD is similar to mine, I think you're better off getting your H1 revalidated.

As far as I'm concerned, my H1 revalidation (from the US) was refused last year and I had to come back to my home country to get it done (these were long vacations... about 3 weeks...). But the good news is that when I asked to revalidate it this year, for some strange reasons (or maybe just by pure luck :D ), they did it domestically. Bottom line is things can change in the future as verant said. That said, I certainly won't stay idle, waiting for things to change because they might never change either... What if the congress doesn't want to allocate any ressources in putting in place biometric machines in some office in Washington ? ....

Patience is a virtue... :eek:

yes rajel, patience is virtue
but may be not in my case.
i dont know what these guys in NY State DOL or NY Regional DOL are doing?
they have to know our concerns man,they are enjoying and taking vacations and everything but we are struggling to stay on jobs all the time for this purpose only.

waitlisted,
Thanks for the info.
AND heard that they update AVM every day morning 5AM!!

waitlisted said:
According to my experience, they don't go as per sorted case no. I am sure the cases are processed by category+case no order. I have seen two consecutive cases of prog analyst from my firm being reported but one of them got cleared while other one is still pending.

any updated news from anyone?
it seems not even single case moved to Regional this month.
let us know if anyone knows their case moved to regional office this month

No movement after June17

quickmouse said:
I checked AVM today. For my company, all cases prior to May have been processed It seems there is a batch went to regional office on June 17

No body posted any movement of cases after June17

Gurus please let me know is this is real news?

is this real that i can take my current labor which is still in state DOL only from company A who filed my labor to another company B with mutual understanding of both company A and company B

means company B will bear all the fees and remaining balance of labor/140/485 from their side?

attorney told me this.
please let me know as i am in dilema to what step i have to take

I think the USCIS came up with this pretty document to impress the US Congress in order to ensure that their budget does not get cut.

The state of things for the masses that depend on USCIS for their services is worser than depressing.

Reminds me of the saying "IF YOU CAN NOT DAZZLE THEM WITH BRILLIANCE, BAFFLE THEM WITH BULLSH**"

jjsxbr said:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/BEPFinal-signed.pdf

Promise: to reduce backlog until 2006 - election year :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.