New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
fed july12th

My labor was received in regional on 12th july ... I am reading posts that say regional cases received on july 14th are being processed... I checked the status but it is not showing any positive signs..

Any ideas ?

State filed : 20 sep 2001
fed received : 12 july 2004

Thanks

Lifesaver said:
My labor was received in regional on 12th july ... I am reading posts that say regional cases received on july 14th are being processed... I checked the status but it is not showing any positive signs..

Any ideas ?

State filed : 20 sep 2001
fed received : 12 july 2004

Thanks

Try checking status of a few case numbers before and after yours on the AVM. If some are certified/NOF'd then you should be very close.

Good luck

290 cases are entered in NY Fed DOL between Nov 5th and Nov 12th

NY DOL Is updated today
The latestest case number avilable is 02512139
cases entered on Nov 8,10and 12th

Last edited by a moderator:
Ny Dol Forever

GUYS,

I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE NOT GOOD INFO, SORRY ABOUT THIS IF YOU WILL NOT FIND IT PLEASANT.

I met with my lawyer today, which works for NY state.

According to my lowyer NY state DOL has practivally stopped working under RIR and non-RIR cases during several last months. He did not tell me the reason, however he stated that "there are no needs for goverment to process them". He estimated that the processing time for RIR may be increased up to 5-6 YEARS (it is 3.5 years for RIR now).

I have been waiting for RIR for 2.5 years and now we decided to try another way for green card, which does not require labor certification at all (EB1 or EB2).

I am leaving this thread for a long time (about 1 or 2 years) and concentrate on different ways, however I will update you when my RIR will be processed.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND PRAY TO GOD.

Oberton said:
GUYS,

I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE NOT GOOD INFO, SORRY ABOUT THIS IF YOU WILL NOT FIND IT PLEASANT.

I met with my lawyer today, which works for NY state.

According to my lowyer NY state DOL has practivally stopped working under RIR and non-RIR cases during several last months. He did not tell me the reason, however he stated that "there are no needs for goverment to process them". He estimated that the processing time for RIR may be increased up to 5-6 YEARS (it is 3.5 years for RIR now).

I have been waiting for RIR for 2.5 years and now we decided to try another way for green card, which does not require labor certification at all (EB1 or EB2).

I am leaving this thread for a long time (about 1 or 2 years) and concentrate on different ways, however I will update you when my RIR will be processed.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND PRAY TO GOD.

If I were you, I wouldnt believe one word what your lawyer said. Is he implying that PERM is not likely to get passed? What kind of lawyer is he?? Anyways go ahead and try EB1/EB2 if you like. I personally know many scientists (I work in a academic setting) whose EB1 has been denied so far. All of them had tried through different lawyers and had excellent credentials.
Good luck and do visit us every once in a while.

how long + {update}

Folks,
It has been a long time since i posted anything here.
So here is the snapshot of my situation:
Sep/09/01 RIR filling.
Aroung May 04 case went to Region. Got back to State with NOF ( or whatever the issue when they are not "happy" ). Company did additional adv. ( external and internal ) and results have been submitted ot these idiot-s in Oct.

My questions to those who have been in this boat : How long it usually takes to here back from State in such cases? And how long to get to Region again ?
thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is

I have faxed and mailed the following letter to DOL. If we can send out 50 to 75 letters from NY it may have an impact. PLease feel free to modify it and try to give it a personal touch.

William Carlson
USDOL/ETA
Office of National Programs
Division of Foreign Labor Certification,
200 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20210

Dear Mr. Carlson:

I have applied for Labor Certification from New York in December 2001. It has been a long and anxiety-provoking wait so far. Hence when you announced the backlog elimination plan my joy knew no bounds. In fact I was quite ecstatic on reading that DOL was to follow first in first out (FIFO) principle at the backlog elimination centers (BEC). But recently I have heard that over 35, 000 cases are from Philadelphia, Dallas and San Francisco are going to processed first and then rests of the states are going to be addressed. While this plan may be more convenient for your department and may make more logistical sense to you, for us it is devastating. It means that for the 2001 filers like me will have to wait one more year. Our lives and careers already been put on hold for over three years, any more delay will be the proverbial last straw. I have no other recourse but to appeal to your conscience. You have done an exceptional job so far and I hope that you continue to do the right thing. Please process the oldest cases first at the BECs. This will help mitigate our suffering and help renew our faith in the fairness of the system. God bless America.

Sincerely,

I am an old visitor to the forum. My Pd information is:
RIR sent to NY on 1/15/2002. Still waiting...

gcby2020: I want to send the letter to this William Carlson myself. Can you post the fax number.

Thanks

Juanito

Fax number

If all of us can send a mail/fax it will help tremendously.
Here are the telephone and fax numbers of CArlson

Tel: 202-693-3010

Fax: 202-693-2768

The Letter

gcby2020 -

You may also want to send the letter to:

Philadelphia Backlog Center Contact info:

Stephen Stefanko, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

T484-270-1500

F484-270-1598

Good luck.

JustWatching said:
gcby2020 -

You may also want to send the letter to:

Philadelphia Backlog Center Contact info:

Stephen Stefanko, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

T484-270-1500

F484-270-1598

Good luck.

will do. Thank you so much,

Tracker as of 11/15/04

Updates:

punit_p - Changed to "YELLOW" ie outdated record. Saw him/her post about filing I-140/I-485 so I assume he has been approved either from NY or elsewhere.

jani2711 - Approved last week. Congrats.

Folks, I changed the content little bit and sent to Mr.Carlson and Mr.Stefanko. We have sent them in the past, nothing visible happened but Hey who knows, there may be some good coming out of it!

Thanks gcby2020!

gcby2020 said:

hkond said:
Folks, I changed the content little bit and sent to Mr.Carlson and Mr.Stefanko. We have sent them in the past, nothing visible happened but Hey who knows, there may be some good coming out of it!

Thanks gcby2020!

Good Job. Thank you so much. We have nothing to lose by letting them know of our misery. If we dont protest it will only get worse. Already pressure from Rajiv regarding the i-485 delays is having positive impact. In absence of that that we would have been waiting for GC for another ten years.

NY Regional

Any idea how fast NY regional is processing? The website shows June01. I heard they are taking one month do process each month. Has anyone heard otherwise? thanks

Latest News regarding Visa availability

I guess the latest move by Dept of Homeland Security will help all of those waiting in long queues since visa availability dates will regress

"Those who have yet to reach the USCIS proceedings should be more mindful of the impact of his/her decision on pending labor certification application or immigrant petition in terms of the consequences of such decision on the loss of priority date. Retaining and preserving priority may be as precious as prompt approval of labor certification application. People in this category should get to learn the rules of priority date and retention of priority date. In parallel with the retension rule, consular processing tends to be riskier when priority dates move backward in the sense that concular processing does not give the benefits of EAD, AP, and other ancillary benefits that comes with pending I-485 applications"

That means older the priority date faster the processing and earlier greencard.
Those hares who had reached ahead of tortoies and are sleeping in I-485 stage, will loose the race in the end.

What yaa all think?

Thanks
EastWest :D

gcby2020, good job!

The message you wrote is concise, better than the one I did, which now looks too wordy. I am pleased to see NY people aroused on this issue. Your action will benefit every labor filer from NY.

gcby2020 said:
Good Job. Thank you so much. We have nothing to lose by letting them know of our misery. If we dont protest it will only get worse. Already pressure from Rajiv regarding the i-485 delays is having positive impact. In absence of that that we would have been waiting for GC for another ten years.

I have faxed the letter to both Carlson and Stefanko. Lets keep this momentum going NY labor victims. We have to draw a line somewhere. It has been a long wait. Lets wake up and help ourselves. God helps them who help themselves. Great job GCBY2020 !

PERM new interpretation

Permanent Excuse Repeatedly Mentioned. :eek:

In the letter to Carlson, maybe we should also address the nationwide (at least New York state and federal level) slowdown, if not a halt, of the current processing system. For example, it is taking SESA 3 months for them to do October 2001 RIR.

Gcby2020, did you put your name under sincerely ? If you did not, can we ?

gcby2020 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.