New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oberton said:
To Saburi:

JustWatching is right, it may even take more than 6 months (the average processing speed is 1 month of RIR cases in 1.5 month).
I would say 3-4 months to reach Dec 2001, then 5-6 months for regional.
Total is 8-10 months. Nothing will expedite NY state DOL.

Unfortunately you can not go to another employer with cleared LC. They say you can change your employer in 180 days after I-485 submited.

And actually you can only change jobs 180 after I-485 submitted AND I-140 has been approved. These days the way they are processing concurrent applications, where they actually adjudicate them at the same time this may not even be an option

JustWatching said:
And actually you can only change jobs 180 after I-485 submitted AND I-140 has been approved. These days the way they are processing concurrent applications, where they actually adjudicate them at the same time this may not even be an option

Actually JustWatching, acc o your previous email abt kp14, didn't his I-140 get approved in like a month's time ?

Or maybe because he opted for CP, he is better off - that his I140 was con conc. filed with 485 ?

kohls said:
Actually JustWatching, acc o your previous email abt kp14, didn't his I-140 get approved in like a month's time ?

Or maybe because he opted for CP, he is better off - that his I140 was con conc. filed with 485 ?

Yes kp14 didn't do concurrent he opted for CP so his I-140 got approved since there was no corresponding I-485. Problem is if you choose CP then you can't use AC21 to change jobs.

JustWatching said:
Yes kp14 didn't do concurrent he opted for CP so his I-140 got approved since there was no corresponding I-485. Problem is if you choose CP then you can't use AC21 to change jobs.

Ok, I am a little confused. lets take 2 scenarios :

Case #1 : Go for concurrent
I-140 took one month, and then in 6 months' after the 485 has been pending, you have the EAD can use AC21.

So, in 6-7 months' time, they can use the AC21 and breathe freedon - change jobs etc.

Case #2 : Go for CP
I-140 took one month, kp14 goes to his motherland and gets the CP done. Say that takes another 1-2 months (guessing - probably going to depend on when he/she gets the appointment at the consulate)

So, in 3 months' time, they have their GC cleared.

So, if you choose CP, you are a free bird in 3 months tops (assuming same speed for I-140 clearing) - you won't even need AC-21

I might be wrong - just trying to get a better and clearer picture.

kohls said:
Ok, I am a little confused. lets take 2 scenarios :

Case #1 : Go for concurrent
I-140 took one month, and then in 6 months' after the 485 has been pending, you have the EAD can use AC21.

So, in 6-7 months' time, they can use the AC21 and breathe freedom - change jobs etc.

Case #2 : Go for CP
I-140 took one month, kp14 goes to his motherland and gets the CP done. Say that takes another 1-2 months (guessing - probably going to depend on when he/she gets the appointment at the consulate)

So, in 3 months' time, they have their GC cleared.

So, if you choose CP, you are a free bird in 3 months tops (assuming same speed for I-140 clearing) - you won't even need AC-21

I might be wrong - just trying to get a better and clearer picture.

Well, I am not sure if CP will take 2 to 3 months with all these security clearness, it might take longer then that.

Hello Guys

Thanks for the updates and advice i just came to know from my lawyer that my LC was applied on Nov 2001.

I hope this will help in getting things faster.

Best Regards

More on kohls scenarios

Here is the issue:

Scenario 1 Comments:

The reason it only took one month to process I-140 was EXACTLY because he did not choose concurrent processing. i.e. the I-485 holds the I-140 back in concurrent processing.

So this scenario as you describe it is invalid.

Scenario 2 Comments:

CP takes between 6-8 months to complete.

So if you are as luckly as kp14 and your I-140 gets processed in 1 month. Your total time to approval after labor certification is 7-9 months.

JustWatching said:
Here is the issue:

Scenario 1 Comments:

The reason it only took one month to process I-140 was EXACTLY because he did not choose concurrent processing. i.e. the I-485 holds the I-140 back in concurrent processing.

Scenario 2 Comments:

So if you are as luckly as kp14 and your I-140 gets processed in 1 month. Your total time to approval after labor certification is 7-9 months.

Thanks.

So, maybe CP is better for people who can take courage to go for CP.

Hi JustWatching:

But how long it takes to process I-140 if we picked senario 1? is it more then 6 months ?

JustWatching said:
Here is the issue:

Scenario 1 Comments:

Scenario 2 Comments:

ahalem said:
Hi JustWatching:

But how long it takes to process I-140 if we picked senario 1? is it more then 6 months ?

If you are EB-3 you could see it in about 6 months.

If you are EB-2 right now it's pretty hard to figure out, I would say anywhere 10 months and 2 years.

Keep in mind that USCIS is also working on backlog reduction.

kohls said:
Thanks.

So, maybe CP is better for people who can take courage to go for CP.

To this I would say the following:

1) This is what is happening today. It may be different by the time our LCs are cleared.

2) I would go for CP if you can answer "YES" to these questions:
a) Stable job? Secure for at least 2 more years?
b) Straightforward case? (Remember no appeal process on CP)
c) No spouse? Or no need for spouse (or other dependents) to work?
d) Flexibility to go to home country whenever appointment is set?

And finally, remember I am not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. So these are nothing more than my opinions.

Well I am sorry if I am asking too much, but if you review the time lines for Vermont Center : http://www.immigration.com/frame/eprocessingtimevtfr.html

it says : 1-140 for Skilled Worker or professional is April 01 , 2004 , so would that considered EB2 or EB3 ? I couldn't see this categorization there

JustWatching said:

If you are EB-2 right now it's pretty hard to figure out, I would say anywhere 10 months and 2 years.

JustWatching said:

:( Are you saying that EB-3 needs less time than EB-2 ?

ahalem said:
Well I am sorry if I am asking too much, but if you review the time lines for Vermont Center : http://www.immigration.com/frame/eprocessingtimevtfr.html

it says : 1-140 for Skilled Worker or professional is April 01 , 2004 , so would that considered EB2 or EB3 ? I couldn't see this categorization there

I guess this is how EB2 and EB3 translates to,

EB2 - Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability ( Nov 20, 2003 )
EB3 - Skilled worker or Professional ( April 01, 2004 )

well, it looks like most of us are EB3

GC_enroute said:
I guess this is how EB2 and EB3 translates to,

EB2 - Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability ( Nov 20, 2003 )
EB3 - Skilled worker or Professional ( April 01, 2004 )

Can someone tell me how long does it take for a non-IT workers (Financial Services) to get LC under RIR or if being non-IT makes any difference? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.