New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
mygc04 said:
Hi All,
My employer filed LC in AUG2002. I am about to expire H1 6years soon. When I have applied for 7th year extension, I got RFE from BCIS for filing proof. The attorney faxed the same to NY DOL requesting the proof. No reply for the past three weeks.

Can anybody offer some advise/experiences in this regard

My lawyer was able to obtain a "to whomsoever it may concern" letter from NY state labor dept for my 7th year extension within couple of weeks. They even mentioned that the letter can be used to obtain 7th year extension. We applied with that proof and got the approval.

I guess NY DOL is taking time to reply. We should be receiving the letter soon.

Good Luck !

moved to regional

My update (LC filed 8/13/01): Had my employer call the State DOL (SWA), was told case moved on to regional DOL on August 5 2004, even though I don't get evidence of that when calling the 212 377etc automated number. Does anyone know how long it takes the regional DOL to log the case electronically so it can be status-checked via the number?

Originally Posted by saburi
Hello Everybody please give some more updates

08/07/01 Jani2711
08/12/01 NYDeal
08/13/01 nomorebacklog
08/18/01 zamq

08/24/01 Punit_p

09/03/01 NYC1999
09/10/01 edchris
09/14/01 verant123
09/25/01 siva2911
09/28/01 mike_inus
10/01/01 slave_victim
10/08/01 quickmouse

10/15/01 rakki
10/19/01 gc_kmk
10/21/01 Rajel
10/25/01 waitlisted
11/13/01 ahalem
11/14/01 JustWatching
11/23/01 gandrakota
11/26/01 mangy
12/01/01 leshan2
12/01/01 saburi
12/05/01 Meg_Z
12/06/01 dev10
12/06/01 ropa
12/07/01 gcby2020
12/10/01 Dec10_2001
12/15/01 kohls
12/07/01 cvig

Please get us what ever updates you have on this NY SESA Labor Pain

Best Regards

Hello nomorebacklog,

It takes approximately 2 - 3 weeks to move labor case from NY State Labor (SESA) to NY Regional Labor(DOL).

Not sure but I think NY DOL is taking longer time to update AVM

I think you should call NY DOL and check with them.
Details are given below:

NY DOL Number : (212) 337 2184
Days : Mon/Wed/Fri
Time : 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM

p.s. You will need a First Name, Last Name and Employer Name to find a out case number.

My case was forwarded to NY DOL on 28th April 2004.
NY DOL Receipe Date will be some time in mid of May 2004

Thanks
Mike

nomorebacklog said:
My update (LC filed 8/13/01): Had my employer call the State DOL (SWA), was told case moved on to regional DOL on August 5 2004, even though I don't get evidence of that when calling the 212 377etc automated number. Does anyone know how long it takes the regional DOL to log the case electronically so it can be status-checked via the number?

Originally Posted by saburi
Hello Everybody please give some more updates

08/07/01 Jani2711
08/12/01 NYDeal
08/13/01 nomorebacklog
08/18/01 zamq

08/24/01 Punit_p

09/03/01 NYC1999
09/10/01 edchris
09/14/01 verant123
09/25/01 siva2911
09/28/01 mike_inus
10/01/01 slave_victim
10/08/01 quickmouse

10/15/01 rakki
10/19/01 gc_kmk
10/21/01 Rajel
10/25/01 waitlisted
11/13/01 ahalem
11/14/01 JustWatching
11/23/01 gandrakota
11/26/01 mangy
12/01/01 leshan2
12/01/01 saburi
12/05/01 Meg_Z
12/06/01 dev10
12/06/01 ropa
12/07/01 gcby2020
12/10/01 Dec10_2001
12/15/01 kohls
12/07/01 cvig

Please get us what ever updates you have on this NY SESA Labor Pain

Best Regards

Checked 212-621-9330

This is what I heard:

"As of July 2004 is processing RIR applications on OCTOBER 2001"

Interesting because before it said "as of July 2004 processing SEPTEMBER 2001"

Seems like they continue to make progress however slow it is.

JustWatching said:
This is what I heard:

"As of July 2004 is processing RIR applications on OCTOBER 2001"

At first, I found it kind of confusing to hear the "As of July" instead of a more encouraging "As of September". But in a way, it doesn't change us from the overall confusion of this process anyway :rolleyes:

Will wait and see what their website update says in order to get a confirmation of this small progress.

Rajel said:
At first, I found it kind of confusing to hear the "As of July" instead of a more encouraging "As of September". But in a way, it doesn't change us from the overall confusion of this process anyway :rolleyes:

Will wait and see what their website update says in order to get a confirmation of this small progress.

Also it might mean that when they update it in September now, they might have made even more progress than October 2001.

Otherwise it seems very lame that in September 2004 they still report what they were doing in July 2004.

Just wondering

If these guys were processing October in month of July, so they must pass November by now since we already in mid September, do you guys know when the AVM of the DOL usually get updated?

Hello Guys:

Where is everybody are we all sleeping like our NY DOL and SESA employees.

Please update on what ever information you guys have.

Best Regards

You are RIGHT

saburi said:
Hello Guys:

Where is everybody are we all sleeping like our NY DOL and SESA employees.

Please update on what ever information you guys have.

Best Regards

Well, NY DOL/SESA did not go to sleep. They never woke up. They got too much of Desi Madira to drink and they are all Tulli.

ahalem said:
If these guys were processing October in month of July, so they must pass November by now since we already in mid September, do you guys know when the AVM of the DOL usually get updated?

The previous update was "As of July, processing SEPTEMBER"

I really think they meant "as of September processing OCTOBER 2001" and just screwed up on the update.

The AVM updates only when month being processed changes, so it may be monthly or sometimes even longer.

Thanks JustWatching, that make all sense.

hopefully the web site will get updated soon with confirmation of that.

I hope our cases get process with in next 2 months!

JustWatching said:
The previous update was "As of July, processing SEPTEMBER"

I really think they meant "as of September processing OCTOBER 2001" and just screwed up on the update.

The AVM updates only when month being processed changes, so it may be monthly or sometimes even longer.

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

For the purpose of extending my H1B for the 8th year, I got a letter from NY SESA stating that my application was filed and pending with NY SESA.

But what I was suprised to see was, in the section called PRIORITY and I expected to see RIR but what I actually saw was Permanent.

To those who got a similair document, could you please check your documents and post whether it is ok if it says Permanent rather than RIR.

Thanks in advance. All of us are doing a good job in making this board the only source of factual information.

Mykan,
In your 7th year, did you travel to India...?
Have you got VISA Stamping done in INDIA?

Has anyone experienced any issues with VISA Stamping, when in 7th year??

Thanks

waitingforgc04 said:
Mykan,

Thanks

Actually my colleague is in 9th yr of extensions... and went to India twice in last few years. However, that was when you could get the restamping done within US.

My 7th yr also has been just filed, and I am also interested to know what to expect when I goto India during 7th yr extension, when I will have to get the stamping done.

Not to mention the huge backlog that you should consider to get the interview dates. I've heard there are 'agents' who book bogus appointments and then sell them to needy people in India.

Guys This is good !!!!!!!!!!!

Keep posting your views.

Well now it seems we are still have some more hope after looking at Justwatchings posting.

I personally think this is not it they have closed or enjoying thier vacation before the summer ends and they will start with the same speed but do hope that Justwatching must me right and we will hear something very shortly.

Best Regards

waitingforgc04 said:
Mykan,

Thanks

Waitingforgc04,

You will not believe what happened to my H1B extension process. I applied for my 7th year extension about 60 days before my 6th Year H1B expired. But after several screwups, I got my H1B approved a year later. Immediately I had to apply for my 8th year extension.

So there was only a month left when I got my approval. I could not travel to India.

So I suggest that when you apply for Yearly extensions of H1B, use the premium processing. It will save you a lot of heartburn.

NY DOL Updates

NY DOL Updates

Guys,

Good News. Per NY DOL AVM they are processing cases received on 12 May 2004.

IT cases from 0250-7235 to 0250-7242 were approved yesterday.

Thanks
Mike

Mykan said:
For the purpose of extending my H1B for the 8th year, I got a letter from NY SESA stating that my application was filed and pending with NY SESA.

But what I was suprised to see was, in the section called PRIORITY and I expected to see RIR but what I actually saw was Permanent.

I do have P PERMANENT in my NY DOL letter for PRIORITY section. Mine was filed as EB3 RIR.

I have noticed that CASE STATUS is listed as "backlog" and FILE LOCATION is also "backlog". Please let us know if anyone has different value than backlog for file location ?

Lets keep this forum moving. I feel somewhat relaxed after seeing the posts.

Good Luck to everyone. Hopefully the Website will be updated soon.

gc_ny_victim said:
I do have P PERMANENT in my NY DOL letter for PRIORITY section. Mine was filed as EB3 RIR.

I have noticed that CASE STATUS is listed as "backlog" and FILE LOCATION is also "backlog". Please let us know if anyone has different value than backlog for file location ?

Lets keep this forum moving. I feel somewhat relaxed after seeing the posts.

Good Luck to everyone. Hopefully the Website will be updated soon.

Thanks gc_ny_victim

You made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.