New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracker as of 9/16/04

All,

I made a few updates to the tracker:

A few questions/comments:

sm1129 (PD 05/07/2001) - Did you ever figure out what happened to your case. I would just call NY SWA directly.

NYDeal (PD 08/12/2001) - You stated in a post that your case had been transfered on 4/22/04 but it had not posted on AVM at Regional. Any updates. Last post by NYDeal: 08/12/2004.

zamq (PD 08/18/2001) - Only August 2001 case not updated. Do you have a status? Are you still around?
Last post by zamq: 03/23/2004.

NYC1999 (PD 09/03/01) - Case transfered 4/28/04. Any updates?
Last post by NYC1999: 08/10/2004

mike_inus (PD 09/28/2001) - Case transfered 4/28/04. Any updates?
Last post by mike_inus: Oh! Don't worry about him, he is definitely around!

Guys, if you look at the tracker it does definitely look like NY SWA is getting to October 2001. sm1129 case is unfortunately an exception to processing and because zamq has not posted in a such a long time his case info may be outdated.

NYDeal, NYC1999 and mike_inus - Your transfers happened before May which is where we think Regional is at. Question for all of you. Did you get the transfer date from NY SWA or is this the date you are getting from Regional AVM.

quickmouse - I hope you are calling the Regional AVM everyday!

Please provide updates so we can get an accurate picture of the situation.

extrapolation possible ?!

mike_inus said:
NY DOL Updates

Guys,

Good News. Per NY DOL AVM they are processing cases received on 12 May 2004.

IT cases from 0250-7235 to 0250-7242 were approved yesterday.

Thanks
Mike

hi Mike, I just joined the board ... from your experience, is it possible to extrapolate this amazing 8 cases/day processing average !? if so, the DOL will spend YEARS processing the April backlog ... please tell me I'm wrong ...

NO updates on my case.

My case was forwarded by NY STATE on 04/28/04 to NYDOL and NY DOL received date is mid of May'04

As of today, NY DOL is processing cases received on 12 May 2004.

I have to wait couple of more weeks.

Mike

JustWatching said:
All,

sm1129 (PD 05/07/2001) - Did you ever figure out what happened to your case. I would just call NY SWA directly.

NYDeal (PD 08/12/2001) - You stated in a post that your case had been transfered on 4/22/04 but it had not posted on AVM at Regional. Any updates. Last post by NYDeal: 08/12/2004.

zamq (PD 08/18/2001) - Only August 2001 case not updated. Do you have a status? Are you still around?

Guys, if you look at the tracker it does definitely look like NY SWA is getting to October 2001. sm1129 case is unfortunately an exception to processing and because zamq has not posted in a such a long time his case info may be outdated.

NYDeal, NYC1999 and mike_inus - Your transfers happened before May which is where we think Regional is at. Question for all of you. Did you get the transfer date from NY SWA or is this the date you are getting from Regional AVM.

well those cases ara samples which I gathered from AVM.

Its hard for anyone to tell how many cases are processed each day.

Mike

cantstandit said:
hi Mike, I just joined the board ... from your experience, is it possible to extrapolate this amazing 8 cases/day processing average !? if so, the DOL will spend YEARS processing the April backlog ... please tell me I'm wrong ...

JustWatching said:
All,

JustWatching,

Thanks for asking. I (and my company lawyer too) did not hear anything from DOL. I made an attempt to call NY SWA (212-621-9330), but nobody lifts the phone. Is this correct number ? Also I do not have my caseno (My comapny does not give case no's to employees). Even if I get someone on phone, will they be able to help me since I do not have a caseno ?

My company paralegal says I am not alone and they have some cases like mine. It seems they sent a request to DOL asking for a status update. DOL should get back in 30-60 days. They told me it is the best anyone can do.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions ? DOL(SWA) received my petition on May 2001 and I did not hear anything after that.

Thanks,
sm11299

sm1129,

Try this number 212 621 9374.

If you give them date and name they may be able to help you. I think they may be understanding since your date is so far behind.

Could it be...

Hi all,

Wanted to close the week with a positive attitude...

1) Backlog Centers are in operation. Unfortunately they have started with Philadelphia and Dallas Regions. But it still good news. One, I believe that after they are done with the local regions they will continue with the most backlogged regions - I believe it will take 4-5 months to move beyond these regions. Two, more cases moving USCIS (why is this good news you ask?, see my next thought)

2) Visa numbers as you all know are assigned as part of I-485, these are assigned in order of receipt as long as numbers are available. Predictions are, especially for EB3, numbers will runout by end of year. And then, they start going by priority date. And as you all know our priority dates are pretty darn old. So what this means, is that once you Labor is approved and apply for I-140/I-485 you jump to the front of the line.

So hang in there, because better times for us may be on their way...

This is going to be really good news, but one question:
I though the priority date is when you apply to I-485 and not the one used with DOL , could you please clarify that? and give us more detail about this process ? thanks JustWatching

JustWatching said:
Hi all,

Wanted to close the week with a positive attitude...

1) Backlog Centers are in operation. Unfortunately they have started with Philadelphia and Dallas Regions. But it still good news. One, I believe that after they are done with the local regions they will continue with the most backlogged regions - I believe it will take 4-5 months to move beyond these regions. Two, more cases moving USCIS (why is this good news you ask?, see my next thought)

2) Visa numbers as you all know are assigned as part of I-485, these are assigned in order of receipt as long as numbers are available. Predictions are, especially for EB3, numbers will runout by end of year. And then, they start going by priority date. And as you all know our priority dates are pretty darn old. So what this means, is that once you Labor is approved and apply for I-140/I-485 you jump to the front of the line.

So hang in there, because better times for us may be on their way...

To add to JustWatching comments

Please review this link

VSC : I-485 Approvals

September 2004 also brought our fastest approval yet at the Vermont Service Center (VSC). In this case, the I-140 was filed on August 7, 2003 and the I-485 filed on September 26, 2003. The I-140 approval arrived on May 4, 2004; the I-485 was approved on September 8, 2004. Thus, the case took just over a year to complete both the I-140 and the I-485 adjudication. This, like the case at the CSC, is about a year ahead of USCIS posted processing times

ahalem said:
This is going to be really good news, but one question:
I though the priority date is when you apply to I-485 and not the one used with DOL , could you please clarify that? and give us more detail about this process ? thanks JustWatching

Priority date is the date your labor certification is received at SWA (unless you don't need a LC, then its the I-140 receipt date).

Every year a number of visa numbers are allocated for each of the employment-based categories. As long as the number is not used up priority date is irrelevant. This has been the case mostly because USCIS has processed at such a slow rate that they haven't met these quotas. Now that they are getting their act together this is going to matter more.

Another thing to watch (which may be good for us, bad for others) is H1-B. As all of you probabably know H1-B for 2005 (ie Oct 2004 - Sep 2005) have almost runout even before the year begins. What this means is a good number of staff normally assigned to H1-B processing getting reassigned. Hopefully to employment based activities like I-140 or I-485.

Last edited by a moderator:
NY Alumni doing ok!

Something to hope for and look forward to:

kp14 had a PD 07/10/2001, case transferred on 04/07/04, approved on 07/05/04.

His I-140 info:

Mail Date: 8/18/04
Receipt Date: 8/30/04
Notice Date: 8/30/04
Approval Date: 9/15/04

He applied for I-140 and is planning on doing Consular Processing.

Congrats kp14 if you are still visiting your old forum.

JustWatching said:
Priority date is the date your labor certification is received at SWA (unless you don't need a LC, then its the I-140 receipt date).

Every year a number of visa numbers are allocated for each of the employment-based categories. As long as the number is not used up priority date is irrelevant. This has been the case mostly because USCIS has processed at such a slow rate that they haven't met these quotas. Now that they are getting their act together this is going to matter more.

Another thing to watch (which may be good for us, bad for others) is H1-B. As all of you probabably know H1-B for 2005 (ie Oct 2005 - Sep 2005) have almost runout even before the year begins. What this means is a good number of staff normally assigned to H1-B processing getting reassigned. Hopefully to employment based activities like I-140 or I-485.

I think you meant Oct 2004 - Sep 2005 :)

Also, it would be correct to assume that the staff could be re-allocated to work on this backlog. Right now it's exactly 3 years' backlong to even start looking at the LC applications.

kohls said:
I think you meant Oct 2004 - Sep 2005 :)

Also, it would be correct to assume that the staff could be re-allocated to work on this backlog. Right now it's exactly 3 years' backlong to even start looking at the LC applications.

Yes. You are right I meant Oct 2004 - Sep 2005!

Unfortunately they cannot be reallocated to work labor certification backlog because I-140/I-485 is done by the USCIS and labor certification is done by Department of Labor.

JustWatching said:

Unfortunately they cannot be reallocated to work labor certification backlog because I-140/I-485 is done by the USCIS and labor certification is done by Department of Labor.

I see your point.

I just wish more focus was given to clearing the LC backlog too - as it seems to be just getting ignored. I wonder sometimes - what would be a measure of success for the employees/ managers working with DoL ? Would it be how fast they processed the cases or how slow they could do it ?

Well I wish it happened too but I doubt if the immigration service will relocate employees for another process during the slow time of H1B processing , it does not even work that way in private companies, no one usually cares, the only exception when there is very good manager for the organization …..

JustWatching said:

JustWatching said:
Something to hope for and look forward to:

kp14 had a PD 07/10/2001, case transferred on 04/07/04, approved on 07/05/04.

His I-140 info:

Mail Date: 8/18/04
Receipt Date: 8/30/04
Notice Date: 8/30/04
Approval Date: 9/15/04

He applied for I-140 and is planning on doing Consular Processing.

Congrats kp14 if you are still visiting your old forum.

Let me see if I got it right. My filing date with NY DOl is dec 2001. SO will this become my priority date for I-140?

Any thoughts about how long will NY DOL take to reach december and then from regional to actual LC??

gcby2020 said:
Let me see if I got it right. My filing date with NY DOl is dec 2001. SO will this become my priority date for I-140?

Any thoughts about how long will NY DOL take to reach december and then from regional to actual LC??

Your priority date actually only applies to your I-485.

I would say 2-3 months to reach December 2001 at NY SWA plus four months to clear Regional. I would say your LC will clear in 6 months.

Thanks Just watching

JustWatching said:
Your priority date actually only applies to your I-485.

I would say 2-3 months to reach December 2001 at NY SWA plus four months to clear Regional. I would say your LC will clear in 6 months.
I hope you are not right this time as we don't really have 6 months.

I don't know whats going to happen but have faith that it will be fine and good for us

Help needed from your end since i beleave you have more knowldge on this calculations of priority dates and number of cases processed please tell me if getting Labor certification makes me free bird to choose any employer inother words if i get my labor cleared can i walk with that labor to any other company to save my 3 years wait time

Best Regards

To Saburi:

JustWatching is right, it may even take more than 6 months (the average processing speed is 1 month of RIR cases in 1.5 month).
I would say 3-4 months to reach Dec 2001, then 5-6 months for regional.
Total is 8-10 months. Nothing will expedite NY state DOL.

Unfortunately you can not go to another employer with cleared LC. They say you can change your employer in 180 days after I-485 submited.

Status
Not open for further replies.