New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to send email to NY DOL for status

Hi Guys,

If anybody checked status by email, please let me know how to send email to NY DOL to know the status of my labor. Mine was forwarded to NY DOL from NJ Sesa during March 1st week. Still no info. I see some postings in this forum saying June 2001 cases getting approved. I tried calling 212- number but it says some old case numbers my employer filed. Mine is not announced. So I want to check status via email. One thread said 'leave subject blank and send tax id number of the employer. Is that all ??
Thanks
spt

Hi mananD,

I sent an inquiry mail to DOL in format as laid out by you and within seconds I got an automated reply back from "National Office - ACU E-Mail Response System" <LCSTATUS02@doleta.gov> with subject as:
Automatic Reply with Labor Certification Status Information for listed Employer(s)
In the body however nothing was mentioned, only the Tax Id which I had specified ? Is this just an automated reponse and should I expect some more information in some subsequent mail ? Please tell me your experience with this status inquiry mail.

Thanks again...

spt,
you can find the syntax at the end of this post.

rohit_bha,
Here is what I got.

============================================
This E-mail was generated by an automated E-mail reply system.

Our search for Alien Certification Unit status did not find any cases
to report.

The case you were asking about may be older than the information
maintained for status requests. Your request must be sent to the region
processing your case. Other regions do not provide status. Please check
the syntax of your request.

The status database is updated daily at about 5 am local time. Please
do not request case status more frequently than once a day.

The syntax to request case status follows:

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789
==============================================

How Do u know your case number ?

How would one know the case number for his case. Automated Reply doesn't mention the candidate name.

news

My lawyer told me that he has got a priority date 8th june labor certification.

guys,
any news, please post

Hi mananD,

I have tried again sending the status inquiry e-mail to DOL, but this time also the same response as earlier. I have tried the TaxId format .Any suggestions.I am quite eager to know what's going on with my case there :)

Regards.

I don't know what's the deal with DOL email, I am getting data for the old cases approved by the labor dept for my company.

My feeling is that I am not getting the latest information for I am not sure.

hi, rohit_bha,

It seems dol's auto email system doesn't work recently. I tried today and got nothing. You may call them to check your status. I don't have the phone#. You can find the phone# in NJ thread. My case is in July/01, they haven't got there yet.

Good luck to all of us!

Thanks, araina77,

looks like your case has not been transfered to ny dol. you should get somthing in a couple of weeks. Good luck!

Try sending email from yahoo mail account...

I tried a couple of times from hotmail and I was getting the same message ' problem with the syntax' but tried from yahoo and no problems I got the reply.
Email system some times replplies very quickly and some time takes a couple of days may be the database is being updated and the Email system is unawailable for that time.
Hope this helps

Hi Guys,
I got a call from my Lawyer today and DOL has raised some querries about my Labor. One of the querry is that they need the original add of the Newspaper. My Lawyer told me that she only has the copy of the add and she's gonna send a certified copy of that add to DOL. She also told me that either my case could be rejected or they can ask them to run another add. She also said that this could be a problem as at that point when the add was published they had only asked for B.S. with 2 yrs of experience ; and no special skills were mentioned in the add at that time. I donot know why they did such a thing. Now she says , we cannot change the add and same add needs to be shown to DOL. And if they run same add again, they shall recieve so many applications from US citizens that it might be a problem to convince RIR for my case.
Now I am in a fix . She has asked me that whether you want to take the risk of running the add or you want to file traditional now ? As of now , I asked her to reply to the querry to DOL and run same add again. Please suggest now ....
Any thoughts as to what should be done or what might happen?

Hi, rohit_bha,

It's hard to say which option is better. Sounds to me right now DOL only asks the original ad. If DOL asks you to run more ad or change to non-RIR, my suggestion is to talk to your lawyer, find out whether your regular-LC will go back to the NY SWA for another year waiting, then make your decision based on that.

BTW, when did you file your LC?

My PD : 05/09/2001.
I am currently looking for the original add which was published in NY Times - 12/03/2000 . The lawyers have asked me to get that, if possible as they only have the cop
If the add is given again for B.S. with 2 yrs experience,obviously there would be hundreds of applications which would turn up of US Citizens/Green Card holders. What are the chances that my RIR application would still be approved ? I mean, is there any way that my employer need not show that they received so many applications again for that post ?Just wondering the ways around :-(

there was a june 10th

A couple of weeks back, there was an individual who had a june 10th 2001 approval. That is the latest I think. Is there anyone after june 10, 2001 who has got a labor approval completed?

Hi guys,
My LC was filed around May 2001, I got respond from the DOL saying my pay rate should be Level 2(higher pay rate) instead of Level 1 as I intended.

My company doesn't want to pay me more than what I am making now, so I have to resubmit my LC back to DOL and say my case should be Level 1, which is for 1 year work experience.

I was wondering are there anyone out there has similar problem, then what is the outcome.

Please help.

There hasn't been many postings recently. Did anyone's labor get through? I think maybe we should start maintaining a list just like the guys in the NJ thread are doing. but I don't have the proper software. Can anyone take a lead?

My details:
PD 01/XX/2002
Position: Software Engineer, MS + 1 year
Skillset: Java, C++, Database

Many thanks.

NOF

And I still cant catch a break!! I heard on the AVM that a NOF was issued on my case :( Will keep you guys posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.