New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys know how many days it may take to get NOF issued by State DOL to my attorney?. attorney's office is in boston

IND77 said:
While checking NY Regional AVM today heard the good news.
Two cases of my company had moved to NY Regional on April 20th and 21st, 2004. April 20th case got approval on July 7th.
Hope this is mine. :confused: :rolleyes:

Ind77,
What is the dot code of this april 20th approved labor?
case from my company moved to DOL on April7th ..Programmer analyst .. is still pending
:confused:

gc999999999 said:
Ind77,
What is the dot code of this april 20th approved labor?
case from my company moved to DOL on April7th ..Programmer analyst .. is still pending
:confused:

Similar to you. DOT 030.162-014 (Programmer analyst ). On July 7th lots of IT cases get approved of April 20th RD .

Yikes.

All:

NOF means a case has been denied. Regional issues NOF

45 day letters are sent from State (I don't think they are called RFE - this is the term used by USCIS not DOL) - These letters ask for clarification on things such as wage, job titles and experience.

The difference between the two is that NOF is determination of a case and letters are requests for information so they can make a determination on your case.

Attached latest tracker.

Slave_victim:

I am sorry to hear about your NOF. An NOF means your case been denied. However, your employer has the opportunity to appeal the case. Once they send the appeal, your case will either be approved or denied again. Your employer has a second chance to appeal again. After that your case will be approved or denied. No idea on how long this process takes.

Verant123:

I don't think yours is an NOF but a letter requesting clarification or your wage not being adequate (although other reasons exist for getting letter from NY SWA)

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer so act accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks justwatching for providing info for both RFE and NOF
when i tried to open the excel sheet i got this message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

do you guys know how many days it may take to get NOF issued by State DOL to my attorney?. attorney's office is in boston

why i dont know these days NY State DOL and regional are sending lot of NOF's ..what's happening
those people didnt send any NOF's or RFE's for 245(i) people but they are sending to H1 holders like us eventhough we are paying lot of taxes and everything
this is inhumane..
i dont know why its happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOF from NY DOL............

rks2004 said:
My labor was denied by NY DOL due to negligence of my employer/attorney. My labor was moved to regional on 1/26/04 and there was a NOF regarding prevailing wage issued on 3/27/04 and the last date of reply was 4/28/04. My employer/attorney did not reply back in time. They sent the reply on 5/23/04 and the officer denied to open my case as the reply was received very late.

As per my attorney he will do an appeal and he is also asking me to file the labor again. I do not know what to do. I am looking for another company in some other state where the labor processing is fast.

I edited the file right after loading it - maybe that's when you tried to download. Try again, should be fine now.

Actually the denial rate for 245(i) cases was twice as high as that of regular cases. Also 245(i) cases are those with immigration violations but in many cases they hold regular jobs and pay taxes like everyone else.

verant123 said:
thanks justwatching for providing info for both RFE and NOF
when i tried to open the excel sheet i got this message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

why i dont know these days NY State DOL and regional are sending lot of NOF's ..what's happening
those people didnt send any NOF's or RFE's for 245(i) people but they are sending to H1 holders like us eventhough we are paying lot of taxes and everything
this is inhumane..
i dont know why its happening.

ooh man.sorry to hear about rks2004.
its just ridiculous on part of employer/attorney
how can they be so lazy, they are ruining us really
we stayed here and working for them and they are getting lot of money when we work for them if something comes then they wont care.
really sad for him
thanks nivasch for providing this news.
anyhow hope for the best for rks2004

justwatching, but we didnt get any information regarding those 245(i) guys that they gor rejected
how can we know that state or Regional are denying cases for 245(i)
still a mistery..we didnt know right is this particular case is regular or 245(i)

JustWatching said:
I edited the file right after loading it - maybe that's when you tried to download. Try again, should be fine now.

Actually the denial rate for 245(i) cases was twice as high as that of regular cases. Also 245(i) cases are those with immigration violations but in many cases they hold regular jobs and pay taxes like everyone else.

verant123,
What I learn from rks 2004 case is,
we need to check AVM's regularly and touch base with Guru's in this thread and Guide attorney( s) , what he/she need to do when NOF come !!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to rks2004.......
=======================
verant123 said:
ooh man.sorry to hear about rks2004.
its just ridiculous on part of employer/attorney
how can they be so lazy, they are ruining us really
we stayed here and working for them and they are getting lot of money when we work for them if something comes then they wont care.
really sad for him
thanks nivasch for providing this news.
anyhow hope for the best for rks2004

JustWatching said:
All:

NOF means a case has been denied. Regional issues NOF

45 day letters are sent from State (I don't think they are called RFE - this is the term used by USCIS not DOL) - These letters ask for clarification on things such as wage, job titles and experience.

The difference between the two is that NOF is determination of a case and letters are requests for information so they can make a determination on your case.

Attached latest tracker.

Slave_victim:

I am sorry to hear about your NOF. An NOF means your case been denied. However, your employer has the opportunity to appeal the case. Once they send the appeal, your case will either be approved or denied again. Your employer has a second chance to appeal again. After that your case will be approved or denied. No idea on how long this process takes.

Verant123:

I don't think yours is an NOF but a letter requesting clarification or your wage not being adequate (although other reasons exist for getting letter from NY SWA)

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer so act accordingly.

I was under an impresssion that NOF (Notice Of Finding) means DOL wants some more evidence/ducument due to incomplete documentation or needs more supporting documents to approve a case. When a case is denied that status shows " Denied" only. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think Ind77 is right if they have to denie then they can say denied and won't use the term NOF.

Hope this would be the case for all of the freinds who got NOF

yes nivasch, we have to check everytime so that we can get some info from AVM

justwatching, let us know if you have some more info about NOF
i am also thinking the same way as ind2711 ansd saburi..
please confirm

nivasch said:
verant123,
What I learn from rks 2004 case is,
we need to check AVM's regularly and touch base with Guru's in this thread and Guide attorney( s) , what he/she need to do when NOF come !!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to rks2004.......
=======================

Gurus,

I need help.

My case moved from NJ to NY DOL on June17th according to my lawyer. She said she received a postcard.

I keep trying the phone 212 337 2193 & entering the emp rele #.

I keep getting the answer - that number could not be located.

Asked the lawyer & she says she does not know why. She does not have a DOL case # & she said a case# is assigned only if it gets a query or something.

Is this true?
What should I do to make sure my case is infact in DOL?

Please help

Thanks
Sh_Ad

sh_ad
as per i know whenever any case went to Regional from State DOL they'll assign a caseid for that no matter if its approved or got any query..
you better ask your lawyer to call Regional DOL and take that receipt or caseid

hope your case will be approved.

See attached on NY SWA and NY DOL process

Attached is the PWC assessment they did a couple of years ago. It is a 1MB file.

Go to page page 20 (or 21 Adobe's count). There is a process flow there. As I understand it, if you get NOF and do nothing, no other denial letter comes from NY DOL.

Comments?

JustWatching said:
Attached is the PWC assessment they did a couple of years ago. It is a 1MB file.

Go to page page 20 (or 21 Adobe's count). There is a process flow there. As I understand it, if you get NOF and do nothing, no other denial letter comes from NY DOL.

Comments?

I also just read that you have 35 days to rebut NOF - in another DOL page, they defined NOF as "intent to deny"

JustWatching said:

Comments?

You are right. "if you get NOF and do nothing :( , no other denial letter comes from NY DOL" . I was responding to "NOF means a case has been denied" .Sorry for the confusion.

justwatching
suppose if we get NOF then is it bad situation?
what's the future, we waited for this much long and still how many days we have to wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.